When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

I have got to learn how to accept love and affection from this wonderful man!!! :eek:

He offers to rub my feet all the time and I jsut haven't felt like it lately. He tells me to just relax on the couch so he can dote on me and it's so hard because I want to jump up and help him with the dishes and making meals (he lets me cook every once in a while)

This weekend was his birthday and I took him to see Blue Man Group and we went to Morton's Steakhouse afterwards $$$$$ Then when we woke up he confessed his plans for my birthday. Since we are both working musicians he understands the need to have pro gear. My dream guitar is made by a brand called Paul Reed Smith. They are extremely high end (Santana uses them as well as CHEVELLE :love:) and VERY expensive.

http://www.prsguitars.com/custom2212/index.html

Well right now I'm finishing my first record and the electric guitars and tones that I played on the album are borrowed (because all of my electrics are lower end in terms of tone) but the acoustic guitars recorded are all mine. Well anyway my sweetheart has been saving up to get me my first PRS guitar!!! Now THAT'S love... :love:

Hes not ashamed to say sorry 1st.

He knows how to suprise me.

He does things without me asking 1st.

He includes me in his plans and whats to join mine too.

He texts my just to say 'i love you' or i miss you' ...

When you're pmsing, he goes out at night to buy choc fudge brownies and tops it with a scoop of ice cream and pecans and brings it to bed to you. :yep:

He did that last night and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever! I sometimes worry how sensitive he is towards me. I think he doesn't get to show it often cause I can act "hard" and so independent. When I'm not feeling well (which isn't often) he steps up!

For each of the beautiful comments shared above, in your relationship with your sweetheart, I wish each of you much love and blessings in your life and love with one another. Amen... :giveheart:

My sweetheart and I always say, "I love you", before we end our calls to each other.

He will always say it first, then I will say it and then he says it again, "I love you."

Lately, when I say to him, "I love you", he replies, "I love you, more." :heart2:

That's my baby... :yep:

His apartment was cold on Friday and the heat doesn't spontaneously come on yet due to the crazy Chicago weather we've been having lately. I am very cold sensitive- I sleep in a long sleeve t-shirt under a hooded sweatshirt under at least two blankets (along with an electric space heater IN THE SUMMER). So before I got up on Friday he got up and had the hot shower going for me and snuggled to keep me warm before I got up so I wouldn't be cold going in to take my shower. LOVE THAT MAN!!! :grin:

My FH:

- Buys me illegal candy (hope the candy feds aren't watching :lachen:). For my UK ladies - you know Maltesers, Aero etc. Apparently it is illegal to sell it in stores in the U.S.A. but my man knows people who know people...:yep:.
- Taught me how to shoot guns and be safe and accurate in case I need to defend myself one day and he isn't around.
- When he is around he makes me feel so safe it's not even funny!
- Lets me cry and tell endless girl stories because he knows how much it means to me.
- Helps me take down my braids and he isn't even black. Now if that ain't love I don't know what is! He wants me to teach him how to braid my hair so that he can do it. :grin:
- He knows I can't handle liquor. One day at a party this girl totally put like I don't know how much alcohol in my drink. I was so sick, and he took me to the bathroom and stuck his finger down my throat and made me throw up so that I wouldn't be sick. I know, TMI.
- Knows my cycle. Unlike several men, he doesn't shy away from knowing details about my menstrual cycle.
- Makes me feel beautiful even when I know I look like something the cat dragged home.
- even though he is a "Manly-man" he wrote a really heart-felt declaration of love for me and put it up for everyone to see, at the risk of losing his man-cred. Lachen!

I could go on forever.

My FH:

- Buys me illegal candy (hope the candy feds aren't watching :lachen:). For my UK ladies - you know Maltesers, Aero etc. Apparently it is illegal to sell it in stores in the U.S.A. but my man knows people who know people...:yep:.
- Taught me how to shoot guns and be safe and accurate in case I need to defend myself one day and he isn't around.
- Lets me cry and tell endless girl stories because he knows how much it means to me.
- Helps me take down my braids and he isn't even black. Now if that ain't love I don't know what is! He wants me to teach him how to braid my hair so that he can do it. :grin:
- He knows I can't handle liquor. One day at a party this girl totally put like I don't know how much alcohol in my drink. I was so sick, and he took me to the bathroom and stuck his finger down my throat and made me throw up so that I wouldn't be sick. I know, TMI.
- Knows my cycle. Unlike several men, he doesn't shy away from knowing details about my menstrual cycle.
- Makes me feel beautiful even when I know I look like something the cat dragged home.
- even though he is a "Manly-man" he wrote a really heart-felt declaration of love for me and put it up for everyone to see, at the risk of losing his man-cred. Lachen!

I could go on forever.

WOW... He's a keeper for sure!!! :yep:

My DH is awesome and pesky!

I know he loves me because he never lets us go to bed angry. I can be stubborn but he wil always make us talk and we are good before the night is over.

Snuggles constantly even though I am not a cuddler.

Tells me sweet things like "I just need you in the room with me"

I am in the military and just deployed so he is missing me. He wants to talk on the phone so much, everyday! He once said, when we accidentally got disconnected"I am glad you called back I was scared I wouldn't get to tell you good night"

He gives me what I want, I call him spoiled but he always gives me what I want,:grin: from what to eat to where we go on vacation.

Is a stay at home papa even though taking care of baby all the time drives him nuts.

He misses our little family (his words exactly) while I am deployed.

Makes me laugh, he is naturally funny but he will go out his way to make me laugh.

Even though I put on weight he still makes me feel sexy. So I'm gonna lose it for him.

Aw, I love reading this thread every time it's bumped up. It still makes me want to :cry2:. I still don't have anything to add since I'm single and loving it :grin: but I'm a sucker for that love/romance stuff, lol...so I love this thread. Thanks Shimmie for starting it.

My FH:

I could go on forever.

and correct! :lol: I love it!

:nicethread:

Hi, Shimmie,
What a great thread ! It feels good just reading it !

My sweetie does this for me:

He calls to say good morning and have a great day. Then he calls at night to say goodnight and I love you.
He encourages me to follow my dreams.
He tells me I'm smart and can do anything I want.
He holds my hand in public even though he swears he's not mushy.
He listens patiently to my rants and tries to cheer me up.
He loves my son and tells everyone he's his stepson.
He cleans the windshield so I can see when I'm driving without any prompting.
He tells me I'm beautiful. :cupidarrow:

I just finished reading every post. This thread is awesome and it's actually helping me to realize how great the man is who recently entered into my life.
I wish you every joy and blessing that comes with loving and being loved. God bless both of you...eternally. :giveheart:

:lol: already!!

And this is a great thread :up::up:

This really is a beautiful thread. :yep: But you know what? I have a 'confession' to make. When I started this thread it was after a ummmm, wellllllll, ummmm, a 'discussion' with my boyfriend. We were having a little disagreement...:rolleyes:

And I came into the forum to 'vent' so to speak and instead, God got a hold of me and this thread was started instead. My boyfriend was trying to make things 'right' with me all along (during 'the 'discussion' :rolleyes:) and ummmmm, I was being a little stubborn. Ummmmm, a whole lot stubborn. And God started reminding me of the wonderful things this man was trying to do to show his love for me.

I was so caught up on what I 'thought' it 'should' be, yet I was wrong, for he was showing me love (in his special way) all along and I was being blind to it.

God always has way of putting me in back in check.

God bless you and I wish you love and open eyes to always 'see' it.

Men show their love for us in so many ways that we sometimes 'miss' it when it was there all along. :love3:

:nicethread:

Hi, Shimmie,
What a great thread ! It feels good just reading it !

My sweetie does this for me:

He calls to say good morning and have a great day. Then he calls at night to say goodnight and I love you.
He encourages me to follow my dreams.
He tells me I'm smart and can do anything I want.
He holds my hand in public even though he swears he's not mushy.
He listens patiently to my rants and tries to cheer me up.
He loves my son and tells everyone he's his stepson.
He cleans the windshield so I can see when I'm driving without any prompting.
He tells me I'm beautiful. :cupidarrow:

Hi Beautiful... :giveheart: I'm so happy this turned out to be a beautiful thread. Our men really DO love us; even when we don't always 'see' it. I shared a confession above... :blush:

I wish you eternal love and blessings and everyday to be filled with more and more reasons to stay in love with each other and grow more and more as one.

God bless you precious one.

I had never had a Pap smear before a few weeks ago and I am 25. I am still a virgin and have been unable to go through an exam due to years of childhood sexual abuse. He finally convinced me to get it over with and not only did he go with me to the clinic- he held my hand as I cried through the entire exam.

I had never had a Pap smear before a few weeks ago and I am 25. I am still a virgin and have been unable to go through an exam due to years of childhood sexual abuse. He finally convinced me to get it over with and not only did he go with me to the clinic- he held my hand as I cried through the entire exam.
You are truly blessed. He's a definate keeper!

Currently, single but I can say from the most recent is the key word is "do" not "say" ... gosh some guys are really good words - trash all those and watch and see what he does !:rolleyes:

-He does me any favor i ask....cause im lazy lol.

-I usually leave the radio on low in my living room and when theres a slow song on that i like he yanks me off the couch and dances with me.

-He tried to flat iron my hair the other day.Bless his heart...i slapped his hand and told him go sit back down lmao. but he sat there like a deer caught in headlights watching me the whole time.

-He's VERY affectionate and always has to be touching me in some little way. He can't bear to be across a room from me. Im very affectionate as well so i dont mind.

-Instead of backing off when he's around his "boys" sometimes he's even MORE affectionate.

-One day we're at a get together & he yells "HEEEEEYYY...turn down the music!!"...everyone turned to him and stood quiet and he says "SHE'S MY BABY....in case you didnt already know!!!!"... random.. lol. ( of course everyone threw popcorn and chips at him and told him go sit back down :lachen: )

- He addreses me as beautiful....especially when im at my ugliest

- He introduced me to his grandmother on xmas day. He told me she doesnt speak english. He doesn't know exactly what spanish i know....but he leans over in her ear and in spanish says "This is my beautiful girlfriend and hopefully i can make her my wife one day!!!" When he found out i understood him, he blushed.

- He went out in the pouring rain with no jacket and walked 4 blocks to my car just to move it closer to his house so i didnt have to walk far when i left.

-he's always there for me and would (and has ) drop everything to comfort me if needed.

- he rubs my stomach when i have cramps

- when he's supposed to be out enjoying himself with his friends or on a guys night out....he spends the whole time texting ME. lol

He really is the sweetest...just thinking about him puts a big cool-aid smile on my face. I really thought there was no hope for me romantically and he really changed my life. I thank God every single day for him.

Great thread!

* Told me to name every flaw I felt I had, and then told me why he absolutely loves that about me.

* I will catch him staring at me, and call him on it, and he'll just say he can't help it.

* Will pick me up all over the place when I have to work far, and never complains

* Comes over after he gets off of work late eventhough I have to get him up early just so we can spend some more time together.

* Tries to steal pictures of me.

* MAKES PLANS! this is so huge, if he says he's gonna do something, he'll do it, and he'll plan out where to go, what time the movie starts, everything. I'm not sure if that's sign of love, but it makes me really appreciate him.

I see myself as truly blessed to have a wonderful bf, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes, I know that I am the luckiest girl in the world.:yep:

When I was broke and couldn't go home for x-mas, he bought me a plane ticket to Norway so i could spend the holidays there.

I have allergies in the summer and he will get up in the middle of the night to buy me nasal spray.

He makes sure that i always have food in my fridge.

He tells me he loves me every day.

He is very busy with school and the military but always make sure that we spend important days together with his family, such as thanksgiving, 4th of july ect.

He runs baths for me.

When we first started dating he threw a BBQ for my friends just so he could get to know them better.

He calls me sometimes when he is with his boys and puts them on the phone so they can chat with me.

He never hesitates to do anything for me.

He tells me that I'm the smartest girl he knows :rolleyes:

He is very affectionate and is not scared to show people that I'm his girl.

Somtimes I think that there is no one else out there for me...I hope I never have to look.

Last edited:
I see myself as truly blessed to have a wonderful bf, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes, I know that I am the luckiest girl in the world.:yep:

When I was broke and couldn't go home for x-mas, he bought me a plane ticket to Norway so i could spend the holidays there.

I have allergies in the summer and he will get up in the middle of the night to buy me nasal spray.

He makes sure that i always have food in my fridge.

He tells me he loves me every day.

He is very busy with school and the military but always make sure that we spend important days together with his family, such as thanksgiving, 4th of july ect.

He runs baths for me.

When we first started dating he threw a BBQ for my friends just so he could get to know them better.

He calls me sometimes when he is with his boys and puts them on the phone so they can chat with me.

He never hesitates to do anything for me.

He tells me that I'm the smartest girl he knows :rolleyes:

He is very affectionate and is not scared to show people that I'm his girl.

Somtimes I think that there is no one else out there for me...I hope I never have to look.

that is soo sweet. You've got a great man.

Back