When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

He opens his life to you.
His thoughts, his family, his home, his emotions, his affection, his spirituality....

Last edited:
My husband is very very good to me even when I am not so good he is very supportive and kind he is a good father always reliable and treats me very well I am very very Blessed

Thank you for keeping 'Love' alive. And 'Love' does indeed live between a man and a woman. It is not up for auction, neither is it pending an epitaph; for the love of a man and a woman is here to stay... for always.
I'm so happy for each of you. And I say this beyond words and emotion.

I wouldn't trade the love of the men in our lives for anything. It's a gift that I cherish and thank God for each and everyday.

God blessings shall always be upon you and your Precious Men who love you.... Always. :love3: And 'Always' means just that ... 'Always', for God is Love and God is eternally for always.

:flowers: Give your precious men a great big hug and a rose in his lunch box with a note from you that says how much you appreciate him for being who he is... "Mr. Perfect" in your life. :love2:

If he doesn't have a lunch box, buy one. OR place a rose in his glove compartment or in the trunk of his car where he'll find it one day to make him smile at the wonderful gift that he has in you... his Lady 'only'. :Rose:

• He says I love you a hundred times a day.
  • Anytime I say I want something even casually, it appears immediately or over the next few months
  • I was laid off twice last year and he supported me as much as I needed it
  • When I'm unhappy it really really bothers him and he keeps asking what he can do to make me happy cos it's when I'm happy that he's happy
  • He leaves the toilet seat down and doesn't squeeze the toothpaste from the middle :)
  • He's ready to kick the a** of anyone who says anything bad about me whether it's true or not
  • He's supporting me without question on my transitioning journey. He was in the states over xmas and I ordered a LOT:grin: of stuff to last over the next year. He had to buy an extra suitcase just to get it all in and came back with 2 suitcases. I was surprised cos I know he really hates travelling with a lot of luggage.
  • I love the colour blue. Most of my clothes are blue and my car is blue. I will never forget the day he asked if it was ok to get me a blue engagement ring.
  • When he was falling in love with me and he thought it was too soon and he'd scare me off if he told me, he sent me Joss Stone's "Breathe". The minute I heard the first line of the song, I knew...:)
  • He wrote passionate and wonderful love letters to me when we met.
OK. I think I'd better stop now. These are just a few of the ways he shows me how much he loves me.

I have a good husband.
-If there is anything in this house that I want to do, he'll let me.
-If I start making rules, he tries to follow.
-He trims my hair.
-He'll tie his hair up just because I do
-He pays half when I want to get my hair/toes done
-He kisses me even if my breath/butt stinks
-He prays for me and lays hands on my womb for our future children
-Washes and takes care of my car.
-Washes dishes.
-Will iron my clothes while I do my hair and makeup.
-Will bring me breakfast when comes home from working all night.
-He'll take care of me when I'm feeling sick, sad, lonely, or depressed.
-He lifts me up when I feel 'ugly'.
-He puts my needs and comfort ahead of his.
-He acts silly with me, even if he's tired.
-He's my best friend til the end.

Last edited:
He does and has done so much lets see, here are some of the things he has done:

Anytime something goes wrong with my car, he get's it fixed ie. brakes, winsheild washer motor, tires, the rim for my tire when I hit a pothole.

Co-signed for a motorcycle.

I didn't have to work for 3 years, while I was in school, he supported me finacially and mentally.

We take a few trips every year.

Sometimes breakfast in bed.

He does laundry and dishes every other day.
Anything I ask for he usually does it without complaining...and so much other stuff..I could go on and on...

I pray that God heals my wounds and gives me the grace to open my heart and accept the love of a good man. I realize that I have a pattern of pushing away men that love me for fear of being hurt or what have you. I want to open up my heart and accept the blessings of love that the man God has chosen for me gives me. I'm excited and I thank God now for this wonderful man who will enter my life and love me as I deserve and long to be loved Yay for LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holds my hand when we walk, makes an active effort to make sure HE is the one always facing traffic
watches out for me all the time, pointing out all puddles, black ice, etc.
reaches out for me in his sleep (ALL the time)
he wakes up easily throughout the night, so when I move, he reaches for me and kisses me before falling back asleep
rubs my back and tummy when I have cramps
picks up my favorite soda (diet dr pepper) on his way home
once we had a huge, huge fight, and he went out for a walk...stopped by popeyes and got my favorite guilty-pleasure (Biscuits, red beans and rice) ...needless to say, we talked it out while eating.
always remembers to get the sauces I like when we get fast food
even if he's PISSED at me, all I have to do is apologize, hug him and give him a kiss and all his anger melts away (for 4 straight years!).
he knows I am obsessed with cupcakes, so if he comes across a new cupcake shop, he buys one for me occasionally
he works near a Redken, so he always buys my Allsoft for me, even though he is embarrassed when the girls chuckle as he walks straight for the "gold bottle"...lmao
recently, he took off his button-down shirt and draped it around me because I was freezing cold, despite only having on an A-shirt underneath. It was COLD as heck that day!!
he remembers our anniversary every single month--and always catches me off guard! So much so that I had to set my Blackberry alarm to keep up with him ;)
always compliments, prefers, and eats every single bite of my cooking--even if it's not my best
he makes sure I'm satisfied first
he calls me during his lunch break every day (even though I never ask him to!)
he supports me when I try something new, including the Master Cleanse, Blueprint Cleanse, Raw Diet, and now, low carbing. (even though he doesn't approve of lowering carbs)
he introduces me to everyone in sight, he gets excited when talking about me to others, and i truly feel like he is proud to be with me
he remembers everything I tell him, and retains the information, even if I haven't mentioned it in years.
he supports all my education and career goals.
he loves and respects my mom and dad, even though my dad acts a d*mn fool.
he'll leave the room for two hours, so I can do Insanity--even when in the middle of a video game with his friends.
he drove 6 hours back and forth from college to see me, only for a half of a weekend, when I was in my last year in college and after he graduated.
when I was in school, he paid off my $400 debt with his first internship check.
and whenever i ask him what he wants in return, all he says is "love me" with a smile.

I had a boyfriend that used to wake up way earlier than he needed so that he and i could have our morning- he would watch me get dress put on my makeup make me breakfast and coffee just the way I liked it.
He used to show me his mom's recipes
When i would cook for him, he would sit in the kitchen just to keep me company :)

-He's brought me soup when I was sick
-Made breakfast for my niece and nephew
-Tells me he loves me every day when he gets home from work
-left flowers in the backseat of the car after a long day at work
-fixes dinner a lot and helps me clean
-loves to hang out with my family
-trusts me to drive his car (manual)

I AM BUMPING BECAUSE I WENT THROUGH A BREAK UP OF A RELASHIONSHIP THAT LASTED 4 YEARS. ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH NOW ALTHOUGH I MISS MY EX SOMETIMES I AM HONESTLY HAPPY HE DUMPED ME...LOL IT WASN'T RIGHT I TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK BUT I FELT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TRYING AND I KNOW THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO WILL LOVE AND NOT TREAT ME LIKE AN OPTION BUT A PRIORITY AND TREAT ME LIKE ALL THE MEN MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD TREAT THEIR LADIES. I HAVE NEVER HAD SOMEONE TO DO SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WERE MENTIONED AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL HAPPEN. I LITERALLY WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND SAID I REFUSE TO SETTLE FOR LESS ANYMORE BEFORE READING THIS ENTIRE THREAD. I FOUND THIS THREAD RIGHT ON TIME. ALL OF YOU LADIES ARE TRULY BLESSED WITH THE CARING MEN IN YOUR LIVES. SORRY FOR WRITING IN ALL CAPS.

He says I'm sorry first (even when I'm wrong), he gets upset if I'm sad, he NEVER lets me walk away, he rubs my back, feet when we're in bed, he cuddles me to sleep, he says he loves me ALL the time (and I believe him), he shows me I'm his life, he hands his paycheck to me every month (though he knows I get my own money) he puts my needs before his, he cried when we lost our baby and promised we'd try again whenever I'm ready, he listens and supports my new business ideas, he understands when I'm on LHCF and has his own commentary, he fights ANYONE (his family included) who even "thinks" a bad thing about me, he plans around my plans, he listens to me, he thinks I'm always right and he makes me feel our love is what we were born for.

He says I'm sorry first (even when I'm wrong), he gets upset if I'm sad, he NEVER lets me walk away, he rubs my back, feet when we're in bed, he cuddles me to sleep, he says he loves me ALL the time (and I believe him), he shows me I'm his life, he hands his paycheck to me every month (though he knows I get my own money) he puts my needs before his, he cried when we lost our baby and promised we'd try again whenever I'm ready, he listens and supports my new business ideas, he understands when I'm on LHCF and has his own commentary, he fights ANYONE (his family included) who even "thinks" a bad thing about me, he plans around my plans, he listens to me, he thinks I'm always right and he makes me feel our love is what we were born for.

This made my cry. Off to tell my bf how much I love him, I don't say it enough

He's real with me. With EVERYONE else he put's up a facade ( a lot of people do) but with me, he is totally himself. I get to see his dorky side like seeing him do his happy dance, his sweet side, the way he cuddles my cat's and talks to them like I do and when I met him he said that he didn't even like cat's, lol! I think that his trusting me enough to show me his true self is a wonderful gift, amongst many, many, many others. He loves me unconditionally, will do anything for me and I honestly believe he would die for me. He is an amazing man!

I sat here and read this whole thread and all I could do was cry. :cry: and a little of :wallbash:
I have never ever been loved like this or even close to it. They always say you get what you put out but I do nothing but give...and receive little in return. It almost seems like I have to pay to get some affection. Buy him dinner, I get treated like a girlfriend other then that manhandled and left to rot.

Sorry, I am ruining the positive vibe of the thread. Feel free to delete this post...:ohwell:

He gives me what I need instead of what I want (most currently..he isn't coddling me as I go through this PhD process)

He does things that are out of his comfort zone for the sake of making me happy (most recently he came to my house to see me even though he and my mother don't get along...at all)

He makes time for me

He explains himself to me (which is a big deal for him b/c he doesn't explain himself to anybody).

Really, he does a lot of little things that indicate how he feels

I sat here and read this whole thread and all I could do was cry. :cry: and a little of :wallbash:
I have never ever been loved like this or even close to it. They always say you get what you put out but I do nothing but give...and receive little in return. It almost seems like I have to pay to get some affection. Buy him dinner, I get treated like a girlfriend other then that manhandled and left to rot.

Sorry, I am ruining the positive vibe of the thread. Feel free to delete this post...:ohwell:

@ the bolded-Think of yourself as an ATM. An ATM can only give when it has received adequate deposits and has an adequate balance ( Are you able to withdraw $5 from an ATM? )Even an ATM reaches a point when it can't give anymore. You are allowing people into your life that are only making withdrawls.

You have to work on building your self esteem and think of yourself as worthy of the best.

The thread below helped to change my thought process. I read it over and over until I realized that I deserve the best! I will never go back to being treated like someones dirty dish rag.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=141205

well im probably about to change the pace of this thread but my bf is incarcerated and has been for about 9 years, he shows me he loves me in more ways than ever thought possible for someone in his shoes....
1-he never ends our conversations with out tellin me he loves me
2-he begins every letter with "hello my love"
3-he calls me more than his family
4-never ask me for money even when i know he needs it
5-always lets me know he appreciates everything i do for him
6-talks to his family about me, and even invites me to family functions even tho he can't be there (i've gon and was treated wonderfully)
7-tells me i'm beautiful in every area i've been insecure about
8-if he sees an area i could improve in he always tells me why i should change and gives me tips on how to improve, always stressing that it is only a suggestion and that I can do what I want
9-he tells me at least 3 times in every letter that he loves me
10-he tries to be sentimental even tho thats not his personality just to make me happy
11-on our visits he is pays apt attention to me and only me
12-listens to me when i cry/express my fears
13-triumphs over my successes
i could go on and on but i will stop there

Back