what was your worst hair product??

My worst product ever was silk element conditioner. The first time I used it a small amount went into my mouth and my tongue went numb, then some of my mouth. I threw it out then took an anti histamine. I was so scared I don't remember what my hair felt like.
:lachen:i dont blame you

Pantene relaxed and natural; the worst breakage central; they should inform the consumer that this product has protien and is not to be used daily/ weekly.

I added olive oil to mine, and it was okay.:look: I decided to add coconut oil to it, so I'll give it a try again. I wouldn't use it all the time, because it has protein in it.

Vitapointe. I bought it because Reneice, the weave stylist swears by it, and she has gorgeous hair too. Well that stuff is :nono: And it was expensive to me, not to work. And I am a person woulds spends $$$$ on my hair. I still have that crap, but I cannot seem to throw it away.

Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched Shampoo....honey if it wasnt parched before I poo'd it was surely parched when I was done...my hair felt rough and dry while I was washing

Organix shampoo too...the first poo I bought on my journey and I stockpiled too lol..gave all that mess away!

Giovanni Smooth As Silk Condition...more like rough as hay when it started to dry 5 minutes out of the shower!

A whole lot of things haven't worked for me (esp. when I was relaxed), but by far the worst product I've tried since going natural is Giovanni Nutrifix. I only used it once. My hair isn't protein sensitive (I actually do protein treatments at least once a week) but I swear, after I rinsed this stuff out, it was like I could SEE the cuticles in some strands all raised, rough and tangled with the other raised, rough, tangly cuticles of some of my other strands! :lachen:

Of course I couldn't actually see that...but at the time, I swear...

I can laugh at it now because my hair bounced back rather quickly, but I will never touch that stuff again.

omg! I bought some 2 months ago and now Im nervous to try it!

Silk Elements Products- Shed City
EQP DPR 11-Sucked
Mane N Tail-Sucked
Juice-Did nada
EVOO-Greasy mess
BKT-Trashed my hair
Bleach Hignlights :nono:
Kenra MC-horrible
Cholesterol-hard tangly mess

My worst hair products?

Hmm, well back in the day there were 3: Ampro brown gel (hello breakage), pink lotion (this sludge made my hair feel like greased up hay), and Jam (used it once and was instantly afraid of this product when it melted the nail polish right off my fingernails!)

Recently the worst products I've tried since finding this forum are: HE Hello Hydration (works but burns my eyes, scared of that), Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner (pi$$ed my scalp off, itchy with gi-normous flakes), and olive oil (scalp zits??)

Garnier Fructis leave in and Optimum Oil Therapy moisturizer both left my hair a dry frizzy snap crackle and pop mess. Dry and breakage :nono:

Black Onyx's Shine Crave
PrettyDimples Shea Butter Mixture (I like her honest vidoes, no fluff)

If I wanted just coconut oil or shea butter, I would have just purchased them from my
local store.

Mozeke's Peach Pomade and Avocado Cleansing Cream (she has other products that are the bomb.com)

Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter - it seperated in the first month! But I LOVE Curl Define!!!!!!

I'm still evaluating KBB Hair Milk and Mask - my hair was not soft. when the milk dryed, so did my hair. the deep conditioning mask, did not absorb in my hair. But I love the butters.

Products have to be super thick for my hair to respond.

Miss Jessie's and the Citrus condish from Trader Joe's. That condish tangled my hair something AWFUL and MJ's dried me out and it took me like a week to get all that residue out...

suave humectant condish (my hair has never felt so horrible)
organix condishes - smell good, NO SLIP, not that moisturizing

Palmers coconut oil (no wonder, it had too much crap in it to begin with) and it had my scalp feeling sore,itchy, and dry at da same time.

HE Hello Hydration-did nothing for me and my hair was not moisturized by it.

So many-

- Hair Rules
- Deva Curls (the entire line blecchh)
- Silicone anything
- Hello Hydration

These are what I can think about right off the top of my head.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In!! :swearing:
There is nothing more mortifying than to see your hair literally break off in your hands. This product can kick rocks!

I was doing my niece's hair and my sister told me to use JAM because he likes how it makes her hair look.
So I do her hair and when I am done I notice that my nail polish has virtually melted, it went from hard and shiny to me being able to scrape it off. I told my sister to get rid of her JAM products and use pomade or some kind of wax instead. If it can do that to my polish, imagine what it could do to the hair.

Last edited:
Mane & Tail conditioner and Prostyle Gel - the notorious brown stuff back in the 90's. Lol! Everyone I knew was like "Grrrrrryl you have to get it! It's gonna make your hair grow!"

I should have known better than to get it. It wiped my perm straight out and literally gave me an afro of which I absolutely could not tame. Not that anythings wrong with a fro, but I couldn't even put it in a ponytail-lots of spring-back action. And then breakage like no tomorrow....

Oh and Dax grease because I thought that if my brother could get waves, so could I.......FAIL.

.....there's more, but I'm already embarrassed on my previous admission....my hair has been through the masses. Lol

Black Onyx's Shine Crave
PrettyDimples Shea Butter Mixture (I like her honest vidoes, no fluff)

If I wanted just coconut oil or shea butter, I would have just purchased them from my
local store.

Mozeke's Peach Pomade and Avocado Cleansing Cream (she has other products that are the bomb.com)

Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter - it seperated in the first month! But I LOVE Curl Define!!!!!!

I'm still evaluating KBB Hair Milk and Mask - my hair was not soft. when the milk dryed, so did my hair. the deep conditioning mask, did not absorb in my hair. But I love the butters.

Products have to be super thick for my hair to respond.
i hated that stuff too. mine didnt separate but i swapped it after only having it like 2 weeks anyway. i didnt like the smell and my hair was crunchy with it. it also made my hair look really dull. but i love the whipped gelly though.

abba(or alba cant remember) cupuacu butter conditioner. that stuff tangled the mess out of my hair. i have never felt my hair shrivel up like that before:nono:
hairveda sitrinilla. i wouldnt say this was a terrible product but it just didnt do anything for me on top of leaving little white bits all over my hair.

kccc. this stuff makes my hair hard a crunchy no matter what i use it with and no matter how little i use. i still have an 8oz jar that i may try out again.

Back