Your All-Time Worst Product Pick

chayil0427

Hey ladies...hits and misses are big on the board, but I thought it would be fun if we named the WORST product we've ever used. Name the product and what happened to your hair. Try to name only one, but I know you PJs out there are gonna have to name atleast three :lol: .

For me, I vote for Suave 2-in-1. I was in a bind and needed to wash my hair so I thought this would work for a quicky. It turned my hair into a brillo pad. I remember emailing macherieamour in tears cause my hair was matted to my head. :lol: That's a lesson learned. My runner up would be CD SoMM....major itchy scalp and shedding with that one -- now I use it as a foot cream. :lachen:

Chayil

Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklelites.. blue gel.. terrible. It dried out my hair, left it very dull, and it flaked like crazy. I looked like I had a really bad case of dandruff.

FlowerHair said:
PINK OIL. That one was the worst! :mad:

I remember when I first got a relaxer the beautician recommended I use this. I didn't like the smell, it was too greasy, and it was all around just a major dose of super suck.

I know everyone uses this but, miconazole 7. I have minor burns in my scalp from that. I was trying to be patient and keep it in but I've had it in my scalp for 4days now and my scalp is still tender to the touch.
It feels like I have minor cuts, scrapes and burns in my scalp.
This product may work for others but it doesnt work for me. :ohwell:

Hello Hydration
*ducks rocks*
This did nothing but sit on my hair. It gave me no slip at all. I had to clarify and start over.

Noodlehead products, I use them for a couple of weeks thinking, they have to work, they have to work. Well they didn't work and I have a half bottle of several of these products.

Pantene did not work for me, I had more shedding with that product than any other product.

Protein treatment broke my hair off, I believe I used them to often.

Dove conditioner I hated it but my daughter hair loved it.

ORS Olive Oil Lotion made my hair hard. ORS Olive Oil Cream didn't moisturize at all. A waste of money.

crlsweetie912 said:
Hello Hydration
*ducks rocks*
This did nothing but sit on my hair. It gave me no slip at all. I had to clarify and start over.

2nd for Hello Hydration---gave me all this slip during and after rinsing...the next 2 days DRY HAIR CITY. Same thing had to Clarify and Deep Condition like crazy to get my hair back to normal.

milotic13 said:
I know everyone uses this but, miconazole 7. I have minor burns in my scalp from that. I was trying to be patient and keep it in but I've had it in my scalp for 4days now and my scalp is still tender to the touch.
It feels like I have minor cuts, scrapes and burns in my scalp.
This product may work for others but it doesnt work for me. :ohwell:

not everyone

Clairol Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner for Colored/Permed/Dry/Damaged Hair

159515.jpg

this made my hair a dry, hard, brittle, tangled mess

Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo, conditioner, leave in, the entire darn line. The first time I used them, I was like, wow my hair feels soft. Then it was, why is my hair so hard and dry. Then I started reading the boards, turned the bottles around and saw they contained mineral oil and petroleum. Went to the store, looked at the Pantene products marketed towards caucasians and saw NOT ONE product with mineral oil and petroleum. Grr.:mad: That was some nasty stuff for me.

A conditioner by Motions. I can't remember which it was, but it made my hair CRISPY, and that was whilst it was still wet. I threw it away immediately.

But the worst THING I ever did to my hair was braid it with Worlds Of Curls Activator Gel after a wash. I thought that since it had water and glycerine as first ingredients it would keep the moisture in, right? WRONG!! The next day, I took the braids down, and my hair was still moist, which wasn't bad in itself, but it was a weird kind of moist. Five minutes later, I could sense that my hair was in a state of shock :eek: :eek: :eek: . It just froze and wouldn't move an inch!!! Now, I know my hair is natural, it doesn't swing, but this time it just wouldn't bug! And to make matters worse, I was travelling on the same day, so I had to be at work really early and then make my way to the airport, and you know the air on the plane is dry. By the time I got to Vienna (where my parents live), my hair was so crispy and stiff, I was scared to touch it!! To top it all off, the water at my parents' house is very hard, so needless to say I suffered for the week I was there.
Well, my hair has recovered since :) , but I won't be doing that again!!!

Carla From VA said:
Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo, conditioner, leave in, the entire darn line. The first time I used them, I was like, wow my hair feels soft. Then it was, why is my hair so hard and dry. Then I started reading the boards, turned the bottles around and saw they contained mineral oil and petroleum. Went to the store, looked at the Pantene products marketed towards caucasians and saw NOT ONE product with mineral oil and petroleum. Grr.:mad: That was some nasty stuff for me.

See, I didn't like the Relaxed & Natural line AT ALL. I had been previously using their shampoo & conditioner in one for permed or color treated hair several years ago and I was very pleased with it. Then I bought some Relaxed and Natural shampoo, conditioner, cream moisturizer, wrap lotion, and maybe one or two other things and hated them all. Now, when I use Pantene I don't buy anything from the Relaxed and Natural line and my hair loves it. Although, I did hear that their Breakage Defense mask was good. I may give the R&N another shot at that.

Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioning repair cream. I tried it on wet hair. I tried it on dry hair. I tried to twist with it. I mixed it with aloe vera. It just sat on top of the hair and produced white beads. I should have listened to my first mind (Holy Spirit) and not wasted that $5.

300.jpg

John Frieda's shampoo and conditioner for relaxed hair, my hair was dry, hard and refused to detangle when I used that stuff on my head. At first I thought it was me since I have absolutely no talent when it comes to my hair, but when I took it to the Domincan salon the stylist was like "No mami, don't bring this anymore, bring the other one you had." It was sitting in my bathroom for three years after that. I finally threw it away this past November.

Garnier Fructis Length & Strengh Shampoo: It smells really good, but it left my hair really hard and crunchy feeling. I've never felt my hair like that after washing. I tried it 2 more times and it turned out the same way, so in the trash it went. The conditioner is just the opposite though.

Jay said:
Garnier Fructis Length & Strengh Shampoo: It smells really good, but it left my hair really hard and crunchy feeling. I've never felt my hair like that after washing. I tried it 2 more times and it turned out the same way, so in the trash it went. The conditioner is just the opposite though.

worse stuff ever!!!!!! made my hair brittle hard and DRY.:mad:

ohsosuzy said:
John Frieda's shampoo and conditioner for relaxed hair, my hair was dry, hard and refused to detangle when I used that stuff on my head. At first I thought it was me since I have absolutely no talent when it comes to my hair, but when I took it to the Domincan salon the stylist was like "No mami, don't bring this anymore, bring the other one you had." It was sitting in my bathroom for three years after that. I finally threw it away this past November.

Dang, that's bad when the stylist says that! :lol:

My all-time worst pick is Infusium 23 leave-in spray. After using that regularly and then trying to comb my hair, it was like taking a pair pf shears to my ends, serious breakage. Never again. :nono:

Carla From VA said:

I HATE THAT CRAP AS WELL!!!:mad:

Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer
Infusium 23 Leave-In Conditioner
ORS Olive Oil Lotion - this stuff was alright for me until they started putting petroleum in it. Now it just totally sucks.

Last edited:
Wow ladies my worsts are simular to most of yours
My hair can't stand
Pantene Relaxed and Natural made my hair hard and tangles
Pink oil does the same
I swear MN made my hair shed like crazy
Hello Hydration same results as the R&N
Ganier Frutis anything dry dry dry hair
Ors anything dry coated tangled hair

Opps you said one product oh well I am a pj

Jay said:

I hated it! All of it, conditioner included!

Miss*Tress said:
ORS Olive Oil Lotion made my hair hard. ORS Olive Oil Cream didn't moisturize at all. A waste of money.

I 2nd the ORS Olive Oil Cream, as well as the ORS Carrot.

ALL TIME WORST: Infusium 23 leave in. Hard crispy hair, even when I diluted it.

Close Second: Apple Cider Vinegar rinses, tangled my hair so bad that no conditioner would soften it. I had to wait until my nest touch up for it to be normal again.

Cantu Leave In: Made my hair rock hair and reacted badly w/ my other products and "curdled"

Sunsilk Hydra TLC: Did a whole lotta nothing

Ors Olive Oils Lotion-nasty mess. Did nothing for my hair, stank, and proivded no moisture.

S-curl on my natural hair-sat there and made my hair hard and greasy. My NG loved it though.

NTM Deep Conditioner/DPR11-both made my natural hair hard and TANGLED!

navsegda said:
See, I didn't like the Relaxed & Natural line AT ALL. I had been previously using their shampoo & conditioner in one for permed or color treated hair several years ago and I was very pleased with it. Then I bought some Relaxed and Natural shampoo, conditioner, cream moisturizer, wrap lotion, and maybe one or two other things and hated them all. Now, when I use Pantene I don't buy anything from the Relaxed and Natural line and my hair loves it. Although, I did hear that their Breakage Defense mask was good. I may give the R&N another shot at that.

I love the Breakage Defense mask! I don't like the shampoo but the mask really empress's me everytime I use it. This is my all time favorite deep conditioner. I can comb through my hair like butter when using this.

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be the worst product thread:lol: . I don't have many extremely bad products but I guess one that I really did not like would be that Pump It Up hairspray by Isoplus. Ughhh....my stylist goes over board with this gunk. When you step into her shop this is what you smell. She actually sprays it on heavily and uses the blow dryer to "freeze" the style in place. Needless to say there is breakage involved.

Back