Votes: 39 9.6%
  • Hair Length

Votes: 221 54.3%
  • Hair Cut

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 138 33.9%

• Total voters
I just wish it was thicker, like i mean coarse. My hair is medium thickness/density. I want teflon strands. I notice those with coarse hair, it takes a lickin and keeps on ticking. And when its blown out, its so lush and full.:yep:

other

i don't like the fact that parts of it are heat damaged and it's growing out but still grow faster i don't want my hair to have any straight pieces.

I find that now since I've been actively been taking care of my hair since last July 2007 - I'm having difficulty - something I've never had to deal with even with my color. I've had this color for well over 9 years with no problem. Now, I don't know - I've seen breakage that I didn't know existed and the funny thing is I take very good care of my care. I wash, dc weekly - moisturize daily, wear protective styles, no heat - only my Pibbs - just this last weekend I tried out my Maxiglide. My sides and like right down the mohawk section of my hair - I see breakage. The back grows flawlessly - even my nape has improved with growth. I don't understand. When I didn't care as much and I washed maybe every two weeks with no dc'ing done - my hair thrived.

I need something to maintain thickness for my sides and center portion and to help those areas grow like the back of my hair. I want it all to be one length. I'm trying very hard not to cut it. The length really doesn't matter - as long as my hair is healthy. Right now I'm at BSL - but I still haven't passed that and I think I should have by now.

Any suggestions, thoughts, anything.

Products now using: KeraCare line - shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and silken seal. Pre-poo - V05 or Suave conditioners.

Protein - hard core Apoghee (only did that once back in january)

ORS mayo - I tried that about 3 weeks ago.

I'll be 12 weeks post on Saturday.

Right now I am able to manage - but am wondering should I continue my stretch.

I wish I could go natural - I just think I don't have the texture for that. Although I really don't have a clue as to what my texture would be - I also want to keep my color - I love it.

Last edited:
I hate that my hair has a mind of it's own. It is is thick but takes forever to grow.Thankfully the MN has been helping with that aspect but good Lord c'mon already. My mom's hair grows like weeds but I got stuck with the slow growth stuff.

I also hate that my sides will not grow. That is very fruststrating :perplexed

But I am working on it!!!:yep:

I definitely wish it was thicker and I HATE the fact that the front of my hair hasn't budged in months!!! So frustrating:wallbash:

My ends seem like they are never going to get right.
Keisha's roller/baggie method is helping,but i just want them to hurry up and be okay,before i get frustrated and cut:ohwell:

My hair has never really had body before,so i'm grateful for that,but as bodiful as it is,it doesn't really move like i want it to:drunk:

Don't know if there is anything that can fix that though...

Also,my hair is tripping with this protein/moisture thing.It seems like i can never get it right.
It breaks a little when its wet,but hardly at all when its dry...why is that?I feel like its tricking me...

I wish my edges were thick.My sister has a hairline damn near her eyebrows,and my edges just stay practically see through.Its hereditary,but it still sucks!

Last edited:
  • its thinness - trying to fix with castor oil and biotin
  • its tendency to look & feel like dreads when it starts to dry even if i detangle
  • the knots on the end - probably need a serious trim though
  • i'm sure there is more

Currently I'm transitioning so I'm not liking the 3-4 different textures. Also, I use to have strands of red hair, but those strands are now becoming grey (not that I mind the new grey strands, but I would rather it be the black hair instead).

I mostly just don't like the entirely different textures. That made being natural years ago a huge headache and now it just gets annoying to deal with.

I don't like my dry ends. My hair is so thick it is hard to keep them moisturized. But I have been working on that by doing the baggies every night. I have sine a lot of improvement.:grin:

I had to click other. I don't like having so many textures. It's hard to wear my natural hair loose because of this. The sides have a looser curl than the crown. So when my hair is loose it looks like the back is shorter or shall I say it looks layered because the nape is a looser curl like the front. GRRRRR!!!! But, I gotta' love it cuz it's mine!:rolleyes:

I hate that it's a moisture whore:grin: No matter how much moisture I give it, it's never enough. I feel like I need to constantly wet it to make it look normal:nono: And I also have to add product to define my curls otherwise it's just a big poofy mess:wallbash::spinning:

My 4a/b texture on my fine, fragile hair that I can no longer relax on the regular because of hair loss... has become a major problem. It doesn't like heat, doesn't like texlaxing, doesn't like stretching... I have to pick the lesser of all the evils and get by as best I can these days. I'm always trying to figure out what I can do to live with my situation now.

I envy ladies with softer textures and/or thicker, stronger strands. At least it grows long and fast. If it wouldn't break in new and interesting places and ways for all the reasons listed above, I'd be slammin.

I guess I should vote: OTHER

I DONT like the fact that my hair is always thirsty...it takes soo much to keep it moisturized to the point of overdoing it and causing buildup! It takes a whole lot of water, aloe vera juice, vegetable glycerin, conditioner and/or castor oil to feel moisturized and soft b/c my hair is naturally very brittle....this makes retaining my length a huge obstacle

I DON'T like the fact that it seems to take longer to grow than others

I DON'T like the fact that I am so tenderheaded ....a gorgeous set of cornrows done by African sisters in my neighborhood could not even last a week on me due to the soreness.. my scalp was soo sore even 2 weeks after I took the cornrows out!! Even when I do my own braids or twists my scalp is sore for like a day or 2 and I am very gentle w/ my hair

I am constantly trying to learn what my hair/scalp likes and dislikes and manage it accordingly so that my hair can thrive and I can actually fulfill my dream of having long, healthy, beautiful natural hair!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My right back side has a quarter size patch of dry hair that tends to want to break..I have to baby it :perplexed I have at least 3 hair types:nono:, I want color but I don't want to damage my hair and because I'm not graying yet, henna only gives a nice tint. I want BSL tomorrow:wallbash:, I would love more thickness(my hair is medium density ).

But after all that ...what I love :infatuated:about my hair is :
My hair flat irons like butter and swings like its permed, the majority of my hair is soft and hydrated, I see a growth spirit in my near future, I never get bored with my hair :grin: ..I'm still soooooooooooo great full for where I have come from ...and if I had to end the journey here I would would still be very happy with this blessed head of mine:grin:

Back