Update: I think I'm ready to leave him

This guy is using trick to make luck. Sorry OP but again this man sounds like a depressive/sociopath/trickstar Bum who saw you a mile away. I had an ex who asked me to have a child with him when I asked him who will take care of the baby he said the government would. Needless to say that was the last week I ever saw him again in my life. This guy saw a good thing and decided to set up shop. If you every get the chance read " the sociopath next door" . My ex was a bum who some how got involve with ambitious women and expected them to take care of him according to him there are a lot of women out there who are willing to take care of men he also said it is 5 woman to 1 man out there. I agree you need legal advice he does not sound like he wants to work.
Sent from my device using LHCF

The sociopath next door is necessary reading for EVERYONE especially women. Her husband sounds like a sociopath who is taking advantage of his wife. I'm beyond disgusted by this situation. It's the stuff nightmares are made of. That's why I can't mess with no broke men who don't have real CAREERS. Yeah I'm real politically incorrect when it comes to selecting a mate.

Maybe someone can help me, cos the recertification story seems off to me.

For a skilled laborer/blue collar position, (construction worker, mechanic, etc) is it necessary to get re-certified just because you moved to another state. Is there really that much difference in skills and technical know how across states for those kinds of jobs?

^^yes they do. But all they have to do if take the exam, pass and get the license. There's not much ado about it.

Honestly, her husband has been in construction for (what sounds like) over 10 years. He knew he would need that license. He should have made his exam appointment the moment they drove up their new driveway.

He's just giving exuses. Doesnt matter the reason, whether depression, anxiety, the sky falling or the coming zombie apocalypse. He needs to take care of his family NOW. End of story.

I hadn't read the whole background so I went back to review your old threads and OP I must say I'm confused. Things just don't add up.
You have a three month old so you conceived in Dec 2011?
You have been married 15 months which would make the wedding in August 2011
In the first thread you said you got pregnant before you got married.

You said you had a long distance relationship for a few years before he moved to NY.
You said during the time you were dating he was going through divorce.
So in the two years y'all were long distance was this like an emotional affair. He would have been married during this time.

In the first thread you said you reconnected last year.

He was your high school sweetheart but his mom and sister confirmed that he had a job since he was 15?

You make nearly six figures but had unpaid maternity leave and now you're behind on the rent and light bills.

I though you owned your home not renting.

You pined over this man for the past 15 years? Even that number is IDN :ohwell:

Hmmm nevermind it was cleared up....

Maybe someone can help me, cos the recertification story seems off to me.

For a skilled laborer/blue collar position, (construction worker, mechanic, etc) is it necessary to get re-certified just because you moved to another state. Is there really that much difference in skills and technical know how across states for those kinds of jobs?

different states have different guidelines. just like any profession that requires you to be licensed and certified. and construction worker, mechanic, etc.. is a career. just because somebody is not sitting in a office doesn't mean they don't have a career. some skills require much education and training. it bothers me that folks think because you are not wearing a suit, you are just a dummy. my grandfather took care of his family by myself as a single father being a skilled carpenter. built a nice small business for himself and but a lot of property. he was able to retire on his own. he created his own pension, had no loans or debt. the majority of the men on my block have retired, and own brand new houses that are paid for off of money they used their hands to earn.

Last edited:
different states have different guidelines. just like any profession that requires you to be licensed and certified. and construction worker, mechanic, etc.. is a career. just because somebody is not sitting in a office doesn't mean they don't have a career. some skills require much education and training. it bothers me that folks think because you are not wearing a suit, you are just a dummy. my grandfather took care of his family by myself as a single father being a skilled carpenter. built a nice small business for himself and but a lot of property. he was able to retire on his own. he created his own pension, had no loans or debt. the majority of the men on my block have retired, and own brand new houses that are paid for off of money they used their hands to earn.

I don't know what the issue is but I wasn't questioning the intelligence of anyone in these career paths.

So reading btw the lines, the states and/or unions r basically making money off the fees for exams, licensing and such. If a person moves 5 times they might have to go thru this process 5 times. Seems kinda of unfair, since I would think that basically the skills and knowledge to be a mechanic or construction worker wouldn't vary that much across state lines.

I don't know what the issue is but I wasn't questioning the intelligence of anyone in these career paths.

So reading btw the lines, the states and/or unions r basically making money off the fees for exams, licensing and such. If a person moves 5 times they might have to go thru this process 5 times. Seems kinda of unfair, since I would think that basically the skills and knowledge to be a mechanic or construction worker wouldn't vary that much across state lines.

i answered your question in the beginning of my post. anything else was just added commentary to how folks seem to think having a blue collar job doesn't require intelligence or isn't a real career path. and like i stated before different states have different guidelines, practices, and procedures. what is allow in one state, might not be allowed in other. and each states needs to make sure you are able to do want is required. it is for the protection of one that inquires or uses services from licensed/certified person as well. just like you need to be certified to practice law, medicine, cosmetology/barber, insurance, real estate, etc....

things do very across state lines. as far as unions that is something totally different. it helps to be in a union. it can give you help in networking, classes, health insurance, and job protection. generally most unions only deal with people who have the education/certs/licensing to do their jobs. all of them require you to pay dues and membership fees

Last edited:

The actual skill set of a construction worker is the same. I don't think the exam is about hammering and plastering. I think the bulk of the information he has to learn is about zoning laws. And New York has a lot more construction laws than most states because of all of the sky scrapers and the subways and stuff.

Back