Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

Hey ladies! I'm still here with my braid extensions. Lurking and enjoying the posts....I miss my hair and will be taking these braids out right after the holidays.

I loosened the ends of my braids, and here are pictures of the bun that I did after they were cowashed.

Attachments

• 12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (2).jpg
    12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (2).jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (1).jpg
    12-11-12--Loosened Ends Bun (1).jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 31
noname-1.jpeg

:grin:

bajandoc86 Your hair looks longer than it was the last time you did a twistout. :yep:

I just untwisted my hair after having them in for a few days. I didn't like how the ends of my twists started looking thinner. :ohwell:

I have not been as consistent with Bunning this quarter, but hopefully I will still see some good retention. Going to try to do donut buns for the rest of the week.

I took my twists out to wash and deep condition but was too lazy to re-twist -- so celies at night and buns during the day...

I have fallen in love with some of the products from my Hairitage Hydrations (Etsy) Black Friday haul... So far I've used the castor infusion, silk n' aloe cream, avocado cloud, and sweet butter pomade. When I undid my twists, my hair was so soft and moisturized! (pic below) I still have quite a few products to try but everything I've used so far, I've really liked.

I'm bunning this week and using all BeeMine products. Will probably co-wash once then wash, deep condition and go back in twists. It's about to get crazy with the holidays so I don't want to have to mess with my hair too much. Twists are sooooooo much easier...

Oh and I'm down for the 2013 twist challenge! :grin:

P1030239.JPG

Put in loose twists. I have fine hair so it makes my hair look fuller. Will try to keep in for 2 weeks. Then maybe redo. I'm still in my pajamas. Lol

Showing both sides. Off to check and see about this Haritage Hydrations.

Sent From My Pheauxne

Attachments

• image-3263085260.jpg
    image-3263085260.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3290770060.jpg
    image-3290770060.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 39
Put in loose twists. I have fine hair so it makes my hair look fuller. Will try to keep in for 2 weeks. Then maybe redo. I'm still in my pajamas. Lol

Sent From My Pheauxne

I have fine hair strands too. my hair is medium density. How did you do this? Your twists look great! If my twists looked full like this I'd def do them more. Show me your ways sansei lol

I have fine hair strands too. my hair is medium density. How did you do this? Your twists look great! If my twists looked full like this I'd def do them more. Show me your ways sansei lol

I just twist tight at the root like twice then twist loosely. Not tightly. YouTube it. It's just regular twisting but not tight. Here's my hair twisted more tight and spacey. No bueno. Creatividual

Sent From My Pheauxne

Attachments

• image-719656369.jpg
    image-719656369.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 33

Sent From My Pheauxne

pookaloo83 - There's a 36% discount at Hairitage Hydrations today using code 121212
I placed another order for a few more things I want to try from her product line.... Not that I'm a PJ or anything.... :look:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HairitageHydration?ref=top_trail

day 17 in these mini twists.

they're starting to look a bit beat up, but not enough for me to take them out. i'll hold onto em for a bit longer.

My coils look really good for 3 days. And my regimen and hair have been improving so I don't have to moisturize as often. But as soon as I do moisturize, my coils start to turn into fuzzy balls. And then these long stray hairs start to come out. :nono:

Is there a sigh emoticon? I'm sure there is :lol:

Just a little mini vent.

Damn! I might order that sprout or horsetail butter.

Sent From My Pheauxne
pookaloo83 - I ordered the Sprout with my first order, but I haven't used it yet. When I ordered yesterday I got the horsetail butter and the Alaya oil. Let me know if you ordered anything... The election day sale she had was 44% off so I hauled....

I got --
Sprout
Castor Oil and Shea Butter Hair Growth Treatment
Rich Amazon Butter
Mango Tango Cloud
Avocado Cloud
Sweet Butter Pomade
Blackberry Sage Hair Moisturizer
Whipped Shea Butter- Golden Whip
Coconut Mango Hair Moisturizer
Silk n' Aloe Cream
haven't tried everything, but I did like what I've tried so far...

Missed the HH sale yesterday unfortunately, but I got some stuff today anyway.

2oz Peach Aloe Pomade
2oz Sprout
2oz Whipped Shea Butter

Not too heavy handed with stuff which means they should last, so they're worth a try :)

Airdrying a bit now and then installing my curlformer set! bajandoc86 did you try yet??

Checking in - I put in mini braids Saturday. I am hoping to keep these in until the end of the month. I plan to cowash this weekend, so I am hoping they hold up well.

One day I will catch an HH sale. That stuff sounds so :lick:

Missed the HH sale yesterday unfortunately, but I got some stuff today anyway.

2oz Peach Aloe Pomade
2oz Sprout
2oz Whipped Shea Butter

Not too heavy handed with stuff which means they should last, so they're worth a try :)

Airdrying a bit now and then installing my curlformer set! @bajandoc86 did you try yet??

-PYT she posted the curlformers in her head on instagram. So I'm waiting!!!! :grin:

Oh my gosh ladies! I'm freaking out!

As some of you know, last week I dropped out of this challenge early. I've been wearing twists for 6 months straight and have been dying for a "new look."

I finally blow dried my hair today and I can't believe how long and big my hair is. I could barely do a puff in April and now I have a luscious bun!

I definitely plan to return to twists again! I just want to encourage everyone by starting the reveal pictures early.

I will be back with pictures! All this detangling and blow drying has made me hungry! I'll be back in an hour!

The last time I blow dried my hair was the beginning of my twists journey. So this is where i started in May 2012.
Photo14-vi.jpg

My first legitimate Puff (September 2012)
Photoon92512at10_41PM-vi.jpg

Blow dried hair today, December 13th, 2012

IMG_0261-vi.jpg

Photoon121312at11_48AM3-vi.jpg

Photoon121312at11_51AM-vi.jpg

Photoon121312at11_52AM-vi.jpg

IMG_0267-vi.jpg

If you want more before photos they're in my fotki. Thanks for creating this challenge! I will be back next year for sure!

Last edited:
Back