The BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge

My shescentit products came yesterday. i ordered them on the 30th so i am within the boundaries of the rules. so i am good for the month.

OMG!!!!! Now I want to order a tabletop steamer. I didn't know I was this bad. It's only May 7th and I am fiending, jonesing, itchin' for a hit. I had no idea I have this problem so bad. Have mercy...talking all that mess a couple of days ago...I should be ashamed!

take deep breaths and let a hot shower be your steamer until May 31st
:grin::grin::grin:

ummmmm....Can I get a pass Passionfruit?
I sizzled up my comb trying to do the chase method with my flat iron and all of the teeth are crispy and leaning to the right:ohwell:

LOL at everyone in this thread.

I have noticed that this buy nothing challenge has turned into a use it up challenge which I needed. I have a bag of empty conditioners, gels and what not that need to go in the plastics bin (I can't spell recy...) LOL. I actually think I'll make it to the end and then it's on..

I propose a new rule:

Buying for someone else does not count. :)

haaaaaaaaa

Im gonna let your conscience rule ya wallets...

yall know when ya have gone too far...

this challenge is KILLING me but Im gonna do it... cuz I dont need a darned thing yet I want to run out & buy something just because Im used to doing so...

I think next month Im gonna put the $$$ I wouldve spent into a fund of some sort, just to see what I saved

I've already emptied two bottles of just a little bit of conditioner and the remainder of the Redken Butter Me Up and finished an Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate.

This challenge is really not that hard if you think about it. If you've already got a ton of stuff that you've just used once or twice, it will force you to really find out whether you like a product or not if you use up what you already have. That's really how I found that set of go to products that we call HGs. Besides, if you've got a lot of stuff, you probably don't remember why you stopped using product X anyway :lol:

*grin* I'm still doing pretty good - I really do think that MegaTek spree took a lot of the shopping outta me. :look:

:lachen::lachen:You guys have to be going through withdrawals by now....
Actually I am doing OK. I a few different butters and Dominica Products on April 30th. I just received them, so I am not having any withdrawals. But I have started making a list of things I will buy in June. I think it is going to get real hard around the 20th. I will be like :whyme::cry2::cry4::freakout::freakout:!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure am.....but I'm still holding on.:perplexed

Another poster/sista friend Eisani told me about beautyofnewyork.com, and I can't quit going to that site now. That site is heaven for a pj!!

Last night, I pretended that I was ordering stuff, by loading up my shopping cart....but I didn't check out. I'm just practicing and waiting on June 1st. :look:

On the other hand, I have been receiving all of the items that I ordered last week, so that makes me feel a little bit better!

I got my indigo, roundbrushhair and vitacost stuff on Monday, and my lotioncrafters order a few minutes ago!
Just waiting on my Qhemet order now!!

Don't know what I'm going to do next week. I guess I'll just go into Walgreens and just stand in the hair product aisle and look crazy.
:ohwell:

I am, but I'm going on a business trip for 10 days and hopefully that is enough of a distraction. I don't know how I'm going to make it through that last week though.

Doesn't this month feel longer or something...

I am, but I'm going on a business trip for 10 days and hopefully that is enough of a distraction. I don't know how I'm going to make it through that last week though.

Doesn't this month feel longer or something...

We would have to pick a 31-day month to do this. We should have done this in February.

Last edited:
I failed........:look:

But I have a good excuse...my hair needed it

Can I just add another week to the challenge? I promise to be good :angel:

so... um... i failed. i accidentally went by the hair care aisle, and unintentionally bought some suave vanilla floral, and some HE none of your frizzness conditioners.:perplexed

OMG @ you two!!! what did we decide was the price to pay for the 1st slip-up??
looks like you have some exercises to do!!!

Salon visits wont count unless ya buy hair products....

Everyone should either take a pic of their products or list them in a post on this thread

If you falter during the challenge, you have deal with the circumstances

1st Violation: 50 extra sit ups/crunches a day for a week

2nd violation: must pack healthy lunch, nothign fast food-ish or store brought, for 5 consecutive work/school days

3rd violation: Hmmmmmmmmmm gotta think about thsi 1

They just opened an ULTA here and i have a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 or more purchase. Maybe i can get a "fix" by going with my sister and just let her buy something.

They just opened an ULTA here and i have a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 or more purchase. Maybe i can get a "fix" by going with my sister and just let her buy something.

As long as it's not something for YOU, or something you'll even want to sample - ummhmm.

Though, girl! An ULTA store? And a NEW one? :nono: Talk about temptation! :lol

:woot: I just got some hair stuff in the mail that I ordered on the 30th. :look:

i want to try that reconstructive protein treatment by joico and that detaingling creme from redken.:drowning:
you cant make me do those crunches you just cant make me:cry:

Hi strong willed ladies

Can I join for the next 2 weeks, and then I will see if I can handel 3? I know I am really late, but that's because I was planning on buying stuff. I think I got most of my purchasing plans out of the way. As a punishment I will cook my own and all of my meals for the next month (I don't cook, so it's definately a punishment for me)

Back