The BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge

Hi strong willed ladies

Can I join for the next 2 weeks, and then I will see if I can handel 3? I know I am really late, but that's because I was planning on buying stuff. I think I got most of my purchasing plans out of the way. As a punishment I will cook my own and all of my meals for the next month (I don't cook, so it's definately a punishment for me)

welcome aboard.... just make sure ya cooking healthy

Well I did promise that I would update. Here it is:

100_0576-vi.jpg

100_0574-vi.jpg

100_0536-vi.jpg

100_0544-vi.jpg

100_0545-vi.jpg

100_0546-vi.jpg

100_0548-vi.jpg

100_0549-vi.jpg

100_0551-vi.jpg

100_0564-vi.jpg

100_0565-vi.jpg

100_0570-vi.jpg

100_0572-vi.jpg

Believe it or not, this isn't everything I have. I have a ton of hair rollers, 2 Sedu flat irons, A roll around stand up hair dryer, a blow dryer, and lots of other accessories which I may have to edit here or add in another post, plus many of my hair products that were on order from last month has not yet arrived in the Bahamas. I know I know, I have it really bad.

Will try to update later.

Last edited:
Aggie ~ all I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a 6 month DC challenge, you could easily do a 6 month no buy challenge. Were you able to find most of these things locally or did you have them shipped?? Wow I can't wait to show my husband (see I could be a lot worse):grin:

AGGIE!!!,

I'm still picking up my bottom lip from off the floor. If there was a LHCF Product Junkie Contest then YOU WON! What the hell! You got your own BSS.

On another note though, um, where did you get those economy sized V05 Conditioners? :lachen:

Where do you store it all?

Aggie ~ all I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a 6 month DC challenge, you could easily do a 6 month no buy challenge. Were you able to find most of these things locally or did you have them shipped?? Wow I can't wait to show my husband (see I could be a lot worse):grin:

:grin:, I bought about 85% of my hair products online and had them shipped to the Bahamas. This is actually cheaper for me to do it this way.

AGGIE!!!,

I'm still picking up my bottom lip from off the floor. If there was a LHCF Product Junkie Contest then YOU WON! What the hell! You got your own BSS.

On another note though, um, where did you get those economy sized V05 Conditioners? :lachen:

Where do you store it all?

:lachen::lachen: You are too funny girl. All the VO5 conditioners, I bought them right here in the Bahamas and as far as where I keep them. I have several large storage containers that I keep them in a spaecial room in the house. I must admit though, I am running out of space, so......, it's time to use them up. I am glad I joined this challenge so I could really see that I ought to have my head examined:yep::grin:. Dang!!!:drunk::spinning:.

thats a LOT of stuff there Miss Aggie...thanks for posting the pic

Are ya having a hard time refraining from purchasing more?

Im glad someone else's sickness is as bad as mine

thats a LOT of stuff there Miss Aggie...thanks for posting the pic

Are ya having a hard time refraining from purchasing more?

Im glad someone else's sickness is as bad as mine

Yup PassionFruit, I am having quite a bit of a challenge not buying anything else. Right now, I have some more Mega Tek, 2 cases of Kalpi Tone, 1 case of Pure coconut oil, 2 boxes Jamila henna to try, shower filter for washing my hair, 2 micro fiber hair wrap turban for my hair steaming challenge, full UBH set and Jamaican Black Castor Oil all coming in the mail from last month's ordering.

I just read you were in Bahamas I think... I feel for you and those in UK and other places that dont have regular access to a lot of the things at inexpensive prices.... kinda makes ya wanna snatch up all ya can when ya can....

I just read you were in Bahamas I think... I feel for you and those in UK and other places that dont have regular access to a lot of the things at inexpensive prices.... kinda makes ya wanna snatch up all ya can when ya can....

LOL, so true.

PassionFruit ~ I might need to ask for a reprieve. Someone just posted a dollar store site and they have Suave Milk and Honey. I have been looking for this 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I have my husband buy it does that count???:grin:

PassionFruit ~ I might need to ask for a reprieve. Someone just posted a dollar store site and they have Suave Milk and Honey. I have been looking for this 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I have my husband buy it does that count???:grin:

:grin::grin::lachen::lachen: How many situps are you willing to do??

ok, yall have seen the pics of SOME of the stuff I have....

I literally have no place to put some of this stuff... I have 2 JC Penneys bags of stuff I have nowhere to go...

Target had a plastic container that I almost bought for $30... and then I got to thinking... the point of this challenge is to curb my PJism... so does it make sense to buy something to store this stuff in when I dont plan on buying like this ever again... If I buy stuff is normal proportions I have enough room to store... but thats like 6 months from now....

it was sort of a reality check for me.... and it also stopped me when I was tempted to buy something just for the heck of it....

so as it stands, my only temptaion is to buy scrunchies/clips cuz though I bought some 2 weeks ago, they have mysteriously disappeared ( I have 2 teen daughters) ... I literally have 3 ouchless bands left

As long as it's not something for YOU, or something you'll even want to sample - ummhmm.

Though, girl! An ULTA store? And a NEW one? :nono: Talk about temptation! :lol

:woot: I just got some hair stuff in the mail that I ordered on the 30th. :look:

I walked in and it was just too tempting so i gave my card to my sister and told her to not let me buy anything. then i had Redkenin my hand and i put it down and went and sat in the car. (Solitary Confinement) :wallbash:

I failed.

I bought $40 worth of stuff yesterday, not all hair products... but for my hair. I might buy some more today. I was going to hide it, but I really need to stop. I have no space in my room to store this stuff. I haven't seen any great results and growth with any of them yet, so I just need to stop. I will look into my cooking punishment. There's no food at home to cook though.

Dang. I need to make a sign on my desk to remind me of this challenge.

Wait, does this challenge include staples that need to be replenished?

I just ordered a Big Kenra Clarifying shampoo 64 ounce bottle.
I had to! That thing is normally $44 plus shipping. :nono:
I got it on ebay for $31 including shipping. :yep:

Well I did promise that I would update. Here it is:

100_0576-vi.jpg

100_0574-vi.jpg

100_0536-vi.jpg

100_0544-vi.jpg

100_0545-vi.jpg

100_0546-vi.jpg

100_0548-vi.jpg

100_0549-vi.jpg

100_0551-vi.jpg

100_0564-vi.jpg

100_0565-vi.jpg

100_0570-vi.jpg

100_0572-vi.jpg

Believe it or not, this isn't everything I have. I have a ton of hair rollers, 2 Sedu flat irons, A roll around stand up hair dryer, a blow dryer, and lots of other accessories which I may have to edit here or add in another post, plus many of my hair products that were on order from last month has not yet arrived in the Bahamas. I know I know, I have it really bad.

Will try to update later.

Aggie!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

oh my goodness!!

1.gif

your stash is out of control!!!!!! You are the PJ of the year! And you just joined in October 2007!!

I am totally breathless! :drool: You just blew my lil bit of stuff out the water!!

-----

Aggie!!!

oh my goodness!!

1.gif

your stash is out of control!!!!!! You are the PJ of the year! And you just joined in October 2007!!

I am totally breathless! :drool: You just blew my lil bit of stuff out the water!!

-----
The first time I saw the pics I must have missed a lot of them. I thought-oh, that isn't bad at all- then wondered why everyone reacted the way they did. Now I see!!! Wooooooooooowwwwww!!!!!!

Aggie!!!

oh my goodness!!

1.gif

-----

Yup, for sure I am gonna be needing counseling in short order if I don't quit, so you see why I had to join this challenge.

Back