The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

Wow, just one more week. This month went by pretty fast. I think I have curved my PJ'ism pretty well. Not sure if I will sign up for next month (if there is a challenge), but I'm down for August.

Surprisely, I have been doing well. I have so many products that I really do not need to buy anything for a very long time. It has been interesting experimenting with the products that I had stored away. Some of the products actually work better than I thought they did.

I'm doing great over here, I don't even have a back up list for products I want or even thought about. JK, I'm planning on this 2, extending a no buy for my life for the month of july only w/in the allotted days. This month has given me good practice an I want to do it again next month 2!

:ohwell:. I personally don't see where I really saved any money. That's just me. I won't be doing anything like this again for a while. I have learned to curb my habit and stop my impulse purchases but oh well. I guess I actually did save quite a bit by not placing online orders...

5 more days ladies and we are free! :grin: well, i've decided to make my list, i'm going to clean out my bathroom cabinet of old stuff. no more natural buying for me, i hate the way they smell.

This month really has flown by!!

So far, the only thing on my 'gaplist' is a re-up on some Mega-Tek (though I need to check the cabinet to see how many bottles I have - I might be just fine), and some horsetail (which I won't be ordering online, to reduce the temptation).

Hrm. I think I might need to restock on my IFC, and I was kicking around the thought of getting some pretty fabrics so I can start rocking some scarf/headband type deals, but - hrm. I don't know.

....I really need to join this for July...I THOUGHT I dind't have a problem...but Houston I have a problem haha...a Big one...Hair stuff is cutting into my clothes spending! ...I need to stop buying clothes AND hair care products...:sad: This is going to be a long july

Im going for one more month.... I had a LOT of temptation this month... but still have plenty of products left... I gotta formulate my weekend shopping list but promise it will be short

Ok Ima be buy'n Mizani
The cream is calling me and I'm answering
so I will be rocking my wet wraps next months

MIZANI Butter Blend Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo
MIZANI Butter Blend Relaxer Medium/Normal/regular
MIZANI Butter Blend Microfusion Penetrating Conditioning Treatment
MIZANI MOISTURFUSE MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER
MIZANI THERMASTRENGTH SERUM
MIZANI FOAM WRAP LOTION

I saw my lil Indian "boyfriend" on campus Friday and he told me they got in a whole new shipment of stuff and they're extending the beauty section based on my suggestions :grin: and I should stop in this coming week. I really need to go buy rice anyway and I'm thinking I may as well stock up on a few things and be done with it. He said they have fresh Vatika oil and loads of fresh powders. He even has some movies for me *aww, look at him*. One thing this month has taught me is that there are so few things I actually NEED. I've already established what works for me, most are very inexpensive so I just need to stick w/what I know. No more excessive buying. Period.

One thing this month has taught me is that there are so few things I actually NEED. I've already established what works for me, most are very inexpensive so I just need to stick w/what I know. No more excessive buying. Period.
ITA. i am almost out of VO5, as in i have enough to put in as my leave-in for a day or so and that's it, and i dont even want to buy that. i'm lazy now as far as buying stuff which is grrreat. all i'm getting is some kinky twist hair (shoulda got it before this challenge so i didnt have to wait a month but whatever), some more VO5, and maaaybe some coconut oil. my miss jessie's baby buttercreme is almost gone and i hate the price but if i cant find anything that good (not even raw shea butter is that good IMO) i will be repurchasing it.

is it cheating if my mom bought me a bottle of VO5 cause i am out?

yes, ya shouldve used something else in your stash.... you are supposed to make sure ya have enough of your staples before the chalenge begins...

be that as it may, this month's challenge ends on Friday and ya have the weekend as a free time to stock up for next mont, if ya so shall join again

ya done good....

did u ask for it?
no...she called and was like "dont u use that vo5 strawberry stuff"
yes, ya shouldve used something else in your stash.... you are supposed to make sure ya have enough of your staples before the chalenge begins...

be that as it may, this month's challenge ends on Friday and ya have the weekend as a free time to stock up for next mont, if ya so shall join again

ya done good....
i knowwwww...i've been trying but my vanilla mint tea is down to one day left as well, that day being tomorrow, and my sis took my lone bottle of kiwi lime to summer camp. i didnt buy anything before the challenge began cause i figured i had bought so much in may that i wouldnt need anything. on top of that my regimen has changed twice this month so the 3 bottles of VO5 that were sposed to last till august only lasted 3 weeks once i began cowashing every other day. LOL!

i havent used it yet so i could ask her to take it back. the thing with that is she would be like "you want me to buy it tues...take it back wed...and re-buy it sat?!"

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: i can here ya mama now :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

passion done told you! hey maybe you can save it till u use the last drop of the other bottle

ETA: I'm not out on anything, but I did do a shelf clean up...again! You see my list below, I'm waiting for my june 27th 12am...i'm free! i'm ordering b4 so that way i'm straight 4 july. btw what cha'll doing 4 the 4th? i wish i can have my relaxer done and go n eat some bbq but since i have to order it and sit at home i need to find someone to get me some ribs and maybe make some tata salad!

Last edited:
lollll i know i need to be doing some situps. 5'5" 120 with a gut and all. but that's another forum.

i wont use it till the other stuff is gone...i can do that. i have been stretching it so i can stretch enough for 2 days.

-sigh-

OP i'm dropping out at midnight 2night, it will be friday june 27th in 4 1/2 hrs. i am so on a mission for my stuff i already have a time...lol

girl, i just noticed it's 0007am i'm late...let me getta ordering:grin:

MIZANI Butter Blend Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo
MIZANI Butter Blend Relaxer Medium/Normal/regular
MIZANI MOISTURFUSE MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER
MIZANI Spradiance high gloss SERUM
MIZANI FOAM WRAP LOTION

i switched some stuff cuz i want shine w/o heavy oil and i only need/want one co
let head over ta amazon.com

now i bet you dont need alla THAT. lol

i can go pricing kinky twist hair at the BSS's now! yay!

oh, and find that heating cap!

i seriously think thats all i need. i WANT glycerin, AV gel, and coconut oil but i dont need em per se.

okay maybe not the wrap lotion but my hubby is about to close my spending acct for my biz class tickets home and i want to make sure i get what i want/need for my hair. hey i can't buy my hair stuff here:sad:

CONGRATS to those who made it!!!!

I dont think there is anything yet i NEED... I slacked on my regimen a lot in June so I hardly used any product cept for cheapie conditioners for co-washing & Vatika oil

Yippeee!!! I finally survived the buy nothing challenge, but I won't be joining for July :nono: Maybe August though.

We are done, what, what!!!! :lachen:

All I have on my list is some horsetail, more vitamin E oil, and a new doo-rag, since I somehow lost mine..... :( and maybe some new hairclips of some sort.

I might get some smaller combs, too. The ones I have now are so huge, they are really only useful when I'm trying to hold my hair apart, not so good to use in a 'style'.....

The local meetup is tomorrow, and it might be next door to an Ulta! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back