The BUY NOTHING for May 2008 Challenge

I STILL havent bought a thing.... 7 more days!!!!!!

Hang in there ladies!!!

and for those who fell off, there's the June Challenge

I haven't bought either even though I never thought I could last a month. I didn't even buy for DD. I think I will get my wish list on the 30th (glycerine, castor oil, tabletop steamer) and then be set for the June challenge. Thanks ladies for helping me to control myself!

I'm proud of myself, I have been doing really good. I haven't bought anything. I have been VERY tempted, but am standing strong. Lawd knows I can't wait for this challenge to be over.

I got tempted considering I ran out of condish but I found a half bottle in cupboard.......I still can't wait for May to be done though

I haven't bought anything but I have a dilemma. Pray for me. 7 more days.

HOLD ON!!!! you can make it thru

I have an issue too...my hair is mushy... I need some protein and Im out of Aphogee 2 min.... but I think I have a solution... gonna throw 2 eggs into some cheapie conditioner & hope it works

Believe it or not :meme:, I have been tempted but still going strong. The only thing I really need on May 31st are some V05 conditioners for my co-wash challenge because I'm starting to run a little low.

I'm doing well too! DH pissed me off yesterday right next door to an Ulta. I went in but didn't buy a thing--no PJ retail therapy for me!:nono: So proud of myself. I'm just going to buy a few things during the grace period and I'll be right back in the groove.

3 more days!!!!!

Who is still hanging in there?

Well, it helps that I'm unemployed right now and don't have any money... I think I'll just go raid my stash. It'll almost be like shopping, right? I have tones of stuff that I've not ever used. I need to dig out a moisturizing poo and deep con and grab one of my bottles of oil.

totally off topic but why was Neyo just looking really good on the Tyra show?

Last edited:
Thank God for the grace period! This actually works better for me so instead of picking up a hair product everytime I go near a store. I can just get what I need over the weekend and get back on the challenge.

Question: What if I purchase something today but won't receive it until Friday or next week? Does that still count as a May purchase...:look: I mean, the items won't be in my possession until Friday or Later. It's the same thing as me going inot a store on Friday and buying something...right??

Question: What if I purchase something today but won't receive it until Friday or next week? Does that still count as a May purchase...:look: I mean, the items won't be in my possession until Friday or Later. It's the same thing as me going inot a store on Friday and buying something...right??

I'm not the police or anything but I think that that should pass.

:lachen: I just did this - ordering the stuff that I need to get through next month all clear. I don't plan on doing any in-store shopping til the weekend, and I think that most of my online shopping won't get here til the weekend - so I should be all good.

And I'm ONLY getting the stuff on my 'wish' list. Soooooo. I think it should be a-ok, too.

I'm hanging on but i don't think i can do this for another month. Since I couldn't buy hair products i have bought 7 shirts, 4 pair of pants, 6 pair of shoes and a purse. Hair products are way cheaper. I will just stick to that to get my retail therapy.

technically I guess its cheatign but ahhh what the heck, its not liek ya can use it before June

The only thing that I must have is some of that Rebuilder stuff and I'm determined to find it offline in a local feed/seed or pret supply store. I'll look for it this weekend.

last night!!! I did well....thinking of treating myself to a Doinican Blowout for successfully getting thru the month..

Im gonna get my necessities and hold off on my wants...if I still want them Sunday I will get one or 2 on Sunday and be ready for the June Challenge on Monday

JUST WANTED TO OFFER A CONGRATULATIONS AND "WAY TO GO!" TO ALL THE LADIES IN THIS THREAD. :clapping::clap::woot::dance7::weird::thewave:

I know how difficult it is to not feed the beast once you know it's there.

:grouphug3:

I did!!!! Well mostly--I got some discontinued staple con off the exchange board--she only charged me for the shipping--I had to get that and it's the ONLY thing for the whole month. At 12:01 I will order my steamer and go get my glycerine and castor oil (I changed my mind on the pressing comb, I don't need that for DD). Congratulations to all that finished the challenge and another congrats to those that are continuing into June!!:congrats:

I did!!! It was easier than expected - I've started ordering stuff for next month, and I need to swing past the drugstore tonight....

Back