The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2008!

Re: The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2

Great challenge Whip!!

I'm in...I'm on a personal bun challenge until May anyway, so this one will be easy:yep:.

However, I will be rollersetting for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's gatherings...the friends and fam will talk about me if I come around looking crazy:look:. I won't be blowing out my roots though. This is still within the rules, right??

Re: The Partial No Heat Challenge(No flatirons, curlers,rollers) Nov 1, 2007-May 1, 2

Great challenge Whip!!

I'm in...I'm on a personal bun challenge until May anyway, so this one will be easy:yep:.

However, I will be rollersetting for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's gatherings...the friends and fam will talk about me if I come around looking crazy:look:. I won't be blowing out my roots though. This is still within the rules, right??

Of course dear!

Down like a clown Charlie Brown.

Not much of a heat user except for DC under dryer but thats it. One of my goals is to limit as much heat as possible so this is a great goal for me...

I.....Am......In!!

I was soooooooo reluctant to join this challenge but I'm gonna give it my best shot! I really really need to eliminate heat so that I can retain more growth. Or at least give it a a shot! I just had a deep trim and I want to protect these ends.

I'm in :yep:, but I'ma need serious help!

I'm in! I hope I can make it:crossfingers:. I'm 10wks post relaxer and I am using the MN growth and and my new growth is out of control. I'm going to give it a shot :grin:

Hey hair twin!

yeh I tihkn I'm in. I don't use heat that often anyways, and I'd like to see if I can make it through the holidays w/ straightening. Plus the HYH challenge I've been failing miserably at (I need the fro:look:) , so this should keep me on track. Plus it should save me from the winter dryness.

I think I might get braids or a weave when the weather gets chillier just so I can further protect my hair from the NY winter.

I am coming out of lurking because I want to join this challenge. This will be my first challenge on LHCF. This challenge should be a breeze because I haven't used direct heat since May 2006. :grin:

Whip,

I'll have to change my status from "active" to "lurker" for this challenge. I just remembered: my hair is in cornrows and I won't take them down until a few days before the new year -- hence, no starting pic. Also, I plan on joining the 2008 HYH challenge (I'm assuming there will be one :lachen:) -- hence (again), I wouldn't be able to post "after" pics.

Goodluck everyone, I'll be here in spirit :grin:.

Okay, so I tried the search feature and couldn't come up with nothing so I'm going to do my own challenge starting on November 1st. It will run until May 1, 2008 which will be six months. The requirements of the challenge are:

****No heat for the whole challenge. This excludes blowdrying for deep conditioning treatments, rollersets, etc.

****The Partial No Heat challenge is geared towards keeping the curlers, flat irons, etc. out and finding alternative ways to style our hair while ensuing optimum health to reach our goals.

****If you want to check length, just do the stretch test. Try to think of the end result in May 2008!

So who's in???:grin:

hI WHIP....where is our list of participants?:look:

Add me to the list please. It's going to be tough to not go to the Dominican salon and have them do a blowout every once in a while, but I know my hair will be better off without it. Great challenge!

*breathing to prepare myself for the race* I'M IN!:grin:

Count me in. After constantly cutting my hair for the past year or so in an effort to get rid of damage, my hair is finally long enough to rollerset. I rollerset my hair last night for the first time since march:drunk:. I'm so excited cuz I love to wear curls. I can put the curling iron and the blowdryer away now. I'm good for the next 6 months.

I'm in too, I need to stop using heat.

I'm flatironing my hair tomorrow for a party, but after that, I'm in! :D

I suppressed the urge to blowdry my hair tonight. I'm so proud!:grin:

I'm in I need to get to full APL soon anyway :grin: and this will give me a boost!

I'm in --> I told a girl three weeks ago I was trying to keep heat out of my hair and she laughed at me. She was like no - you have short hair and if you don't use heat your hair will looked jacked up. Well, I'd rather have some length by june so I can start doing protective styles. No heat will touch this hair! save for DC's or roller set's of course

hm
i was going to flat iron in march
but i'm used to no heat
and can wait for an extra 2 months
plus by may, i'll have more growth haha.

i'm in!!!

<3

I'm about to undo my braids and I'm so tempted to flat iron my hair:nono:......I will do my best to resist to the "Christmas flat ironed style calling" :ohwell: :look:

Hi Ladies, just doing a check-in and status update for this beautiful sunny December that we are having. So far so good. I used the hair dryer for two deep conditions so far but no flat irons, curlers, rollers...nada! I've been wearing one set of protective style, its getting a bit puffy under there but my moisture regimen is helping me to keep the flat look also the night tie down w/ a satin scarf helps as well.
I've put some pictures in my fotki of my protective styling that i plan to stretch throughout the holidays and on into January. :yep:

Back