The Buy Nothin for JULY 2008 Challenge

Dang, and I just realized, I only have thing of banana baby food. *sucks teeth*

Hrm.

Okay, I think I figured it out. I used half as much caramel, and added some of my usual moisturizing conditioner to it. That way, I can stretch it so that I'll definitely get through the month.

Though, I seem to have more drippies doing it this way.

I'll be aiight. :lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Why was I looking for an empty bottle to put a rinse in, and stumbled across 4 more things of banana baby food?

I don't need to buy a DAMN. THING. :lachen:

Though, I do like how my hair turned out with the 1/2 caramel 1/2 con mix - so I might still stick with that.

:lachen:

Damn shame.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Why was I looking for an empty bottle to put a rinse in, and stumbled across 4 more things of banana baby food?

I don't need to buy a DAMN. THING. :lachen:

Though, I do like how my hair turned out with the 1/2 caramel 1/2 con mix - so I might still stick with that.

Damn shame.

WOW the Epitome of this challenge for sure!!

Congrats!!!

lol!

nope maybe in august. i'm using this month to do some product reviews and stuff...

...good luck to all the PJs in here, it will definitely help! (well, for a few weeks at least...)

I am in. Can't afford to spend money on hair products at all. Although I did do one last splurge (it was payday) on Friday and finally decided to try Oyin handmade.

I have everything down (i think) except for a moisturizer that actually works for my hair. I hope this whipped pudding works!

Last edited:
I've started looking, with more interest, at hair toys.

I want to start with forks - 2-4 tine, I think, would be best for me to start with.

:lick:

So, I might be drooling over a lot of stuff.

Mdwezi - do you have any good/wonderful hairtoy links to share?

You know I do. :grin: My favorite is Etsy because, since it's all hand-made, you get one of a kind items and can find really beautiful interesting pieces:

Search for hair forks

Search for hair sticks

Search for hair pins

I'm not sure if I can join this challenge. I guess I'll be in my own personal sub-challenge. I won't buy any more products for the month, but I can't promise I can stay away from the hair accessories. I mean, I neeeeeed it. :lick: I realized that I don't have a blue hair comb or pin. Must I be satisfied with just my blue flower? And red? I got nothing! *cries*

I am in. Can't afford to spend money on hair products at all. Although I did do one last splurge (it was payday) on Friday and finally decided to try Oyin handmade.

I have everything down (i think) except for a moisturizer that actually works for my hair. I hope this whipped pudding works!

I really like Oyin's Whipped Pudding. I used up my sample so I haven't had any in a while. Their whipped pudding + their honey hemp gave me soft fluffy hair, and that's not easy to do for my hair. Dang, why did I have to remember this, now I want some. This is not a good way to start off the month. Anyway, let us know how it is when you try it. I found it best applied to wet or damp hair, but I'm like that with almost all my products. Oh, I also used it for finger detangling and it worked well for that, too. It's got quite a strong scent, chocolaty.

Last edited:
You know I do. :grin: My favorite is Etsy because, since it's all hand-made, you get one of a kind items and can find really beautiful interesting pieces:

Search for hair forks

Search for hair sticks

Search for hair pins

I'm not sure if I can join this challenge. I guess I'll be in my own personal sub-challenge. I won't buy any more products for the month, but I can't promise I can stay away from the hair accessories. I mean, I neeeeeed it. :lick: I realized that I don't have a blue hair comb or pin. Must I be satisfied with just my blue flower? And red? I got nothing! *cries*

I really like Oyin's Whipped Pudding. I used up my sample so I haven't had any in a while. Their whipped pudding + their honey hemp gave me soft fluffy hair, and that's not easy to do for my hair. Dang, why did I have to remember this, now I want some. This is not a good way to start off the month. Anyway, let us know how it is when you try it. I found it best applied to wet or damp hair, but I'm like that with almost all my products. Oh, I also used it for finger detangling and it worked well for that, too. It's got quite a strong scent, chocolaty.

OMG!!! Those hair accessories are GORGEOUS!!! :lick::lick: Now I wish I had hair to put in these things, lol. Do the 2 tine forks work just like hair combs do?

Search for hair forks

Search for hair sticks

Search for hair pins

Can I say thank you, and you ain't right, all at once? :lol:

:drool: Oooohm, my wish list is going to be a MESS!!!

I'll join. I am trying to work on using up my tub of products. I don't think a month of no new hair products will make me feel too deprived. :look:

OMG!!! Those hair accessories are GORGEOUS!!! :lick::lick: Now I wish I had hair to put in these things, lol. Do the 2 tine forks work just like hair combs do?

I'm not sure, since I've never used a hair fork. But hey, ProductJunkie, *whispers* didn't nobody say you can't buy yarn on etsy; it's just as pretty.

I already fell off. I bought NExxus Humectin shampoo and conditioner and SoSexy conditioner and shampoo by Victoria Secret (smells real good too). At least I got all that stuff on sale:ohwell:.

*clings to the challenge like a drowning woman*

Hair Toys!

Ghee!!

Help!!!

Oh, that's right, I'm broke, anyhow.

If I get real crucial, I can always try to make some ghee. :giggle:

Last edited:
I already fell off. I bought NExxus Humectin shampoo and conditioner and SoSexy conditioner and shampoo by Victoria Secret (smells real good too). At least I got all that stuff on sale:ohwell:.

I have the Humectin shampoo sitting in my hair as we type... those hair toys are on my list to buy next month

I was gonna go to Whole Foods today... cuz I desperately need Rose Water for my face... and I was gonna get( well look for) Nettles tea cuz I heard they have it there... but that would be for my hair... so it means I cant buy it :(

gonna be a LONG July...

I was gonna go to Whole Foods today... cuz I desperately need Rose Water for my face... and I was gonna get( well look for) Nettles tea cuz I heard they have it there... but that would be for my hair... so it means I cant buy it :(

gonna be a LONG July...

SAY WORD!!!:yep:

gonna be a LONG July...

Preach!!!

Though, my box from Mountain Herbs should be here soon, so that might occupy me for the rest of the month.

And, I really need to conquer my garden plot, so I'll spend some time doing that, too.

Well All I gotta say is wow.:perplexed I really have it bad I didn't even last two days. :look: I know I had no business being in there, but I went to the BSS because I had some free time and I did it. I bought something actually four things. Four packs of hair, 2 of spanish wave and 2 of Wet and wavy. Why did I buy it? Well it was on sale at 9.99 a pack plus I get a 10% military discount, So I could not resist!:bouncegre I do not regret it at all. I love Urban Beauty hair, it really matches with my texture, and this hair will last me for a while! SO yeah I'll be down next month.

I went to WHole Foods today... for my precious RoseWater to do my facials... and some peppered turkey bacon cuz I LURVE theirs.... and of course I went thru the haircare aisle..... I picked up the bottle of J/A/S/O/N biotin conditioner and put it in my cart....then I looked at the 365 Mint conditioner.... and then I started reading ingredient lists on 5 or 6 other things.... and then it hit me... I dont NEED a THING and I PROMISED to BUY NOTHING... I didnt cheat... I put the stuff back, grabbed my rose water & bacon and got the heck out of dodge....

I went to WHole Foods today... for my precious RoseWater to do my facials... and some peppered turkey bacon cuz I LURVE theirs.... and of course I went thru the haircare aisle..... I picked up the bottle of J/A/S/O/N biotin conditioner and put it in my cart....then I looked at the 365 Mint conditioner.... and then I started reading ingredient lists on 5 or 6 other things.... and then it hit me... I dont NEED a THING and I PROMISED to BUY NOTHING... I didnt cheat... I put the stuff back, grabbed my rose water & bacon and got the heck out of dodge....

:lick:

You done good, passion...you done good. :yep:

Well All I gotta say is wow.:perplexed I really have it bad I didn't even last two days. :look: I know I had no business being in there, but I went to the BSS because I had some free time and I did it. I bought something actually four things. Four packs of hair, 2 of spanish wave and 2 of Wet and wavy. Why did I buy it? Well it was on sale at 9.99 a pack plus I get a 10% military discount, So I could not resist!:bouncegre I do not regret it at all. I love Urban Beauty hair, it really matches with my texture, and this hair will last me for a while! SO yeah I'll be down next month.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Better luck next month...that was me last month.

:lachen: ChameleonChick - you walked right into the heart of temptation!!! Sales are hard to resist, though.

PassionFruit - good for you!!!! That peppered bacon sounds reallll nice. :lick:

:ohwell: My package was in Nashville last night - arrival scan. No departure scan yet, and while I know Nashville is only 3 hours away - I don't think I'll be getting my package today. *sigh*

That's aiight cuz I need to DC tonight anyhow, not play with new products. :lol:

I'm in.. I might even go longer because I checked my closet and it's full with conditioners that I haven't tried, shampoos of various kinds and some protein treatments. I also have about 6 packets of Henna so I don't really need to buy anything.

Back