****APL BY THE END OF 2008 CHALLENGE****

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be a shorter distance to make APL in the front versus the back :ohwell: I feel like I've been chasing this beast for a good amount of time :wallbash: I want to be APL by front armpit standards and back armpit standards. I have 3 more weeks...I hope I can do it.

hopefully i'll make it by the end of the year.

Lane, you look APL to me!

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be a shorter distance to make APL in the front versus the back :ohwell: I feel like I've been chasing this beast for a good amount of time :wallbash: I want to be APL by front armpit standards and back armpit standards. I have 3 more weeks...I hope I can do it.

Do you have layers? I've noticed the same thing, but I think it's because I have layers.

I am new to the challenge but I was secretly hoping to make APL by the end of the year. Well, it seems a lot more difficult than I thought.

I wasn't going to straighten until January, but I cheated myself...
so here's my new pic... I think I barely barely made it...
hopefully I can officially claim APL by January 2009... that's 3 weeks.
I'm happy though... now if the front and sides could catch up...
that would be dope, but I know I have a good year before that happens

2ccxl3c.jpg

i didnt make it ...hopefully sometime next year...I gotta do something tho about the middle of my head...this ish is so irritating:sad:

I made it! Yeah me! My front was cut in bangs above my eyebrows in Dec 07 and now they are almost chin length.

Na im not making it either. I thought i was close but really im no where near and my hair just ain't acting right.
Im going to get a hair cut hopefully before next year and grow for APL by Dec '09.

I made it! The pic below is my hair stretched right before I went in to have my hair flat-ironed and trimmed. I will post pics of the flat iron and trim tomorrow, as I had to immediately wrap my hair after it poofed up.

148zp10.jpg

ETA: Straightened

2ev6bs2.jpg

Last edited:
I made it! The pic below is my hair stretched right before I went in to have my hair flat-ironed and trimmed. I will post pics of the flat iron and trim tomorrow, as I had to immediately wrap my hair after it poofed up.

148zp10.jpg

2ev6bs2.jpg

Beautiful hair!!! You definitely did make it! :yep:

I'm allllllllmost there :perplexed

Attachments

• hair pic LC Dec.JPG
    hair pic LC Dec.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 110
  • LC Dec #2.JPG
    LC Dec #2.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Congrats to the ladies who made it! I made APL a few months ago but then I went and got a trim. I think I'm back at APL again (or close to it). I will know for sure by tomorrow (going to get hair flat ironed).

I probably did make APL this year, but wont be able to find out until next month when I get my hair relaxed. My stylist was booked this month I should have called her sooner. But on the bright side I will end up having another month of growth, :bdance:since I cant get my hair relaxed until January. So I joined the 2009 APL challenge.

:bump: for more updates.

congrats Minny :dance7:
148zp10.jpg

2ev6bs2.jpg

Thanks, but I don't have a relaxer, so that's about as straight as its gonna get :ohwell:

Oh. I just saw in your siggy that your natural. Well I think you should be full APL no later than February. It is taking me forever to reach APL too. I have been about an inch away from it for months now. But I think I will be full APL or maybe an inch or two past it ( I am really hoping to be) when I get my next relaxer next month. And if I am what helped me was using Ovation Cell Therapy and wearing protective styles. So I think the reason why it has taken me so long to reach APL is because I was wearing my hair down majority of the time, and most likely wasn't retaining length. Are you wearing protective styles?

Back