****APL BY THE END OF 2008 CHALLENGE****

Sadly, I don't think I'll make APL by the end of December unless I get a 2 inch growth spurt. My hair seems to grow really slowly. I feel it getting thicker since all the short pieces are growing longer but I don't see any length. And no growth aid has helped.:sad:

How's everyone else doing?
Sorry that I've been such a slacker with this thread.
Life has kept me really busy lately.

I think I will make it by the end of the year, my updated pic is in my siggy. I think I have about another 1/2 inch to an inch to go

straight1.jpg

I have like 1.5-2" to go... I think I can get it done by end of 2008.

I am
daily oiling
daily co-washing
daily ACV rinses
once a week hot oil treatments
daily loose wet bunning
nightly baggying ends and silk scarf, satin bonnett, satin pillowcase ( I sleep bad)

Well, I enjoyed APL for about two months, then got a big trim to get rid of raggedy ends and some layers.
I wonder if I'm 100% natural now...I know I grew out most of my texlaxed hair. I figure I'll be back to APL by December/January...provided I stay away from the scissors.

I think I will make it by the end of the year, my updated pic is in my siggy. I think I have about another 1/2 inch to an inch to go
Girl, you in the wrong challenge, you are already APL from the looks of it, it looks very beautiful and healthy

I think I'm there but SO said not yet. That was 2 months ago. According to him I had 1 inch to go. Even though the V tip is APL. In his book Everything has to be there including 1/2 inch over. I hate him. By December i would have made it. Im praying. Im using MT.

Still hoping to get that 1.5-2" by December...
I'm started to really moisturize my hair at night
trying to never let it get dry or bushy or frizzy or anything...

Anybody made it yet???

Ive got about 1.5 to go as well.

I dont plan on taking any photos until I am there.

I am a slow grower, so I dont think I will be making it :nono:

Hello Ladies,

I'm still in the challenge. I permed my hair back in August; I'll post my most recent pic tonight. I think I'm about 1.5 from APL. I'm currently bunning until my next perm sometime in December. It has been a struggle getting to APL.

TTYL

I'm definitely not making it. I'm not upset about it. I look forward to seeing who makes their goal though.

Im still hoping for APL by the end but i doubt it, well i haven't straightened my hair at all since being natural but im gonna give it a go soon.

I *might've* made APL in September (I can't really tell), but I felt like I was overdue for a trim. So I went in to get a trim. I don't know how much she trimmed off. It didn't seem like alot, though. My hair poofed up well before I could snap a pic, so I'm going to have it straightened again in December, to see where I stand. I think I need more than 1 inch, and I know I cannot make that in a month. So hopefully I'll be at APL Feb-March '09.

Before trim:

mlnx2r.jpg

After trim:

2ektzqq.jpg

Wellllll....I REALLLY don't think I'm gonna make it:ohwell: On the other hand my hair has grown loads and is soon approaching the longest I can remember for a loooonnnggg while:grin: Will keep updated (BTW my MT is working now like crazy, waiting on my Ovation shipment:yep:)

I haven't been looking... I won't be checking until it's officially 2009...
I had 1.5" a couple of months ago... I'm not there yet...
I always straighten my hair on New Years, but idk being natural and
all I might put myself in a no straightening challenge to help me
embrace my curls.

I don't think I will make it to APL this year. My hair seems to be growing slow. I will see how many inches I have to go for APL next week, when I can my hair straightened. I transitioned to texlax so my hair is pretty underprocessed and not showing its true length right now. I will post pictures next week.

I was there in the back and my front would have made it by Dec...but I had to make the decision between APL with "damaged ends" or chop of 2inches and have a healthy APL by early 09. I chose the latter. :ohwell:

I *might've* made APL in September (I can't really tell), but I felt like I was overdue for a trim. So I went in to get a trim. I don't know how much she trimmed off. It didn't seem like alot, though. My hair poofed up well before I could snap a pic, so I'm going to have it straightened again in December, to see where I stand. I think I need more than 1 inch, and I know I cannot make that in a month. So hopefully I'll be at APL Feb-March '09.

Before trim:

mlnx2r.jpg

After trim:

2ektzqq.jpg

Congrats, You definately made it before the trim. You were there once, you'll make it again!!!

I am hanging in there and keeping it optimistic. I have been mega-tekking since Nov. 16 bunning, and wearing two-strand twists (low manipulation).

I have my fingers crossed.

I added lines this time to show when I will officially claim APL...
The bulk of my ends reach 5"... APL for me is 7"
So 2 MORE INCHES
It would be like the best New Year's EVER!!!
I have been chasing APL for 2 years now...
so then in 2009 ...I can focus on getting to my ultimate ultimate goal MBL.

2vx12yp.png

Last edited:
I am glad to say that I made it. Well, The back and sides made it. My front is doing its own thing. It is fun, because I feel like my hair is filling out (getting thicker) before it is getting longer.

Back