Anyone up for a July PJ Challenge????

C'mon Tracy....join the challenge...
poke.gif
. Didn't I hear you say you needed to save some $$$$ in another thread?!!! U know we'd love to have ya!!! Or are you being a wuss????
laugh.gif

I won't buy anything today AND do the July challenge if you join w/us.... How about it! I dare ya!
poke.gif

Ooooh thats evil springing this on us on the 30th. I'm in. I need to be rehabilitated. As for now, I'm headed to the BSS for one last fix.

Hey, being a wuss can be a good thing you know! It sure helps with these challenges!
laugh.gif
Tracy, someday you have to give it a try. Stock up like I do!
laugh.gif
Go ahead, take Jen up on her challenge one of these days...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ooooh thats evil springing this on us on the 30th. I'm in. I need to be rehabilitated. As for now, I'm headed to the BSS for one last fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

One last fix.
scratchchin.gif
...yeah, we need help.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, being a wuss can be a good thing you know! It sure helps with these challenges!
laugh.gif
Tracy, someday you have to give it a try. Stock up like I do!
laugh.gif
Go ahead, take Jen up on her challenge one of these days...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll let Tracy off the hook! This time!
grin.gif
I agree though, stocking up can be just as dangerous if not more so than buying throughout the month.

Pebbles, have you decided what you're going to buy today? Maybe we can talk you down.
laugh.gif

I'm just going to get the Adore rinse. That's it. I promise!
sekret.gif
I'll try to be strong.
crazy.gif

I have so much stuff that really all I need is more plastic caps, some hair pins, another bottle of Cream of Nature shampoo, and one more bottle of Keracare Humecto. That's it. Not too bad this time.
smile.gif

mmm I think I need to go for one last fix to BUT I am going to try my hardest to refrain from going to the BSS and walking down the Hair Isles in Target and/or Walmart..even though I have to go to Walmart after work today..
sekret.gif
..I need the strength NO HAIR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so we have a good support group going so far:

Pebbles
Destinee
Brownrelaxedhair.
HairObssessed
Dandy112
Supergirl
AnjelLuvsUBabe
MissB
Tracyannette
Auntybe
DontSpeakDefeat
Lisa
Lee

Now raise your right hand and repeat after me:

I (fill in your name here), promise not to buy any new hair products between July 1st - July 31st, 2003. I know if I do, I must confess it to my July Challenge sisters and post full product reviews (including listing the ingredients) and possibly be subjected to multiple
spank.gif

laugh.gif

Now raising my right hand and repeating after you:

I, Pebbles, promise not to buy any new hair products between July 1st - July 31st, 2003. I know if I do, I must confess it to my July Challenge sisters and post full product reviews (including listing the ingredients) and possibly be subjected to multiple
spank.gif

laugh.gif

I am in! I do have a problem though! I need some Loreal Unfrizz Serum, and I can't make it to Walmart today. That will be my only purchase for July!
smile.gif

i cant join you guys, LUSH has some new hair products coming out on July 1st - *gasp* - tomorrow

soz,

i will hop on come august though - i need to finish all the stuff i have in my closet.

yours

canuck

I am scheduled for a retouch on July 15. I really won't be buying any products, just paying for a service. Does this count? If so, count me in. I have all the products that I need, but I MUST get a retouch on 7/15.

Thanks!

You can join. An appointment at the hairdressers doesn't count. As long as you are not buying any products, you're fine.
smile.gif

can't do it
naughty.gif

I am still working on buying a decent shampoo and conditioner and I will try the Elucence line. Good luck though...

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i cant join you guys, LUSH has some new hair products coming out on July 1st - *gasp* - tomorrow

soz,

i will hop on come august though - i need to finish all the stuff i have in my closet.

yours

canuck

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that was NOT a mis print and really did mean LUSH because if you meant LUST is coming out with new products, dang this is really going to be a challening month...

BRH - I know thats right because if she meant LUST it's over before we get started.

Hi, Jen Jen,

Since I've done so well with the May Challenge, I'm not going to join this time. I still need to stock up on some biotin and MSM. Because I brought up the idea for last month's Challenge, I'm going to post on the Challengers who didn't do well successfully, as well as the newcomers and successful PJs. I wish each of you good luck in July. Toodles.

I a supposed to be participatin. But I gotta more products to buy. I am sorry. It's too resistble. Plus you guys understand. My hair is having some crazy problems, if you see my last two threads. So all I have to do know is buy some pink oil mosturizer and this thing called hair food. That made my hair grow thick as Heck!!!!!!1

After I go to the BSS to buy more stuff my pj challenge will start at around, July 10. If I go to the stores before then.

So that would be 21 days of no buyin. I world record for me.

hi pebbles: (my name is lady and i'm a product junkie
smile.gif

i have the same dilemma as one of the other ladies-i'm due for my touch-up this month on the 19th
trampoline.gif
. what's the problem you say? well i'm following shamboosie's 24-month plan and i want to try the textures & tones relaxer that he recommends and my beautician does not carry this product. so, i have to have a relapse and purchase everything i'll need (relaxer, neutralizer, conditioner, etc) can i still join the challenge or is this cheating?! i want to save some money too...
frown.gif

I just hope that I don's run out of braid spray before August. I am down to my last two bottles. I guess if I do run out I will just have to make my own! Any suggestions?

Yeah no guys - can't challenge....I am, indeed, a wuss....
laugh.gif

But I wish all of you luck!

You know what I AM gonna do tho...I want a few of you (those who are willing) to keep your reciepts for the stock up and "challenge is finally over" monies spent...and I'm going to spend as normal and report in at the end of the month.

I really do want to see whether or not these challenges actually result in less spending or not.

Really!
smile.gif

Tracy thanks for the well wishings!!! That's a good idea. I went to the BSS store yesterday and the only thing I purchased is the Adore Sienna Brown..my total was $4.24 inc. tax.

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope that I don's run out of braid spray before August. I am down to my last two bottles. I guess if I do run out I will just have to make my own! Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to restock if you run out...this is only to not buy any NEW products that you don't already own. So you in?

[ QUOTE ]
Does the PJ challenge include purchasing phony tails!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say purchasing a phony tail would be ok. Who am I to stand in the way of protective styling????

BTW, welcome!
wave.gif

Back