T.O. says the women he dates don't wear scarfs to bed

TO is wack.....this is coming form a Buffalo Bills fan :look: But I will say that wearing a scarf isnt sexy BUT there are certain things you can do with a scarf to make it look more appealing (ie matching your scarf with your nighties, tying it up in a cute way, making sure its clean and not drenched with gel, dirt, and dandruff)

Prefacing this comment to say that no matter how we look at this "issue," T.O. is an idiot.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I see it like this.

Black women do not have to wear scarves to bed unless they are trying to preserve a straight style, so yeah, I have a problem with the idea that this is a necessity for black women.

HOWEVER... if black men have a problem with the scarf, then they need to stop worshipping straight hair on black women.

So, men have a few choices here.

A. Say, "NO SCARVES," and then encourage and assist their black SOs/wives to go natural and sleep on a satin pillowcase. Then there's no concern about rollers, wraps, scarves, pins and all of that. Then they won't have to worry about the dreaded unsexy scarf, and they can revel in the beauty of black women's natural and manageable kinky hair. (BIG GUFFAW! As if!)

B. If they demand that their women have a straight style that's bouncin' and behavin', they can say "NO SCARVES" and then wait patiently as their partners spend hours styling it, or they can pay for someone to do it for them as often as needed the next morning.

C. DEAL WITH THE SCARF.

I only wear scarves if I've got a wrap. But I've never heard a complaint about it.

Oh..TO is Terrell Owens a cocky football player and I don't know why he has a reality show. His opinion on scarves matters not.

Last edited:
There are ways to make a headscarf at nighttime look sexy. You can wear animal printed silk scarfs(scarves?) or ones that match your pjs, tie it gypsy style,and still look attractive while you maintain your doo.

If I was a man, I wouldn't want to see my wife wearing a jiffy pop bonnet every night, or her dirty, graying with frayed edges and floral print head scarf tied like a turban to bed. Not cute.

Who is T.O btw?
Great minds think alike:grin::grin::grin::grin:. T.O. is Terell Owens. Former WR for Dallas cowboys, now is with the Buffalo Bills. He also has his own reality show on vh1.

I'm well aware that men are visual creatures, but no one looks like a beauty queen at night unless they are wearing makeup and have their hair perfectly coiffed. Now if you're wearing one all day, we have a problem. The guys I've dated never had an issue with it and thought I looked sexy in my pinup style leopard print scarf regardless, so maybe I just can't relate.

And it's not just a black thing. White women have been sleeping in pink sponge rollers and pin curls for decades--sacrificing comfort at night to look hot during the day. Didn't seem like much of a problem then.
I think it's a bit of an extreme to say that sans scarf= beauty queen.

Me personally, I don't care about white women. because white women aren't getting NEAR the amount of scrutiny we receive daily. My thing is that the scarf issue is pretty minute and is easily able to be compromised. If my man was walking around in a du-rag, I'd be having trouble and he would have to remove it.

There are ways to make a headscarf at nighttime look sexy. You can wear animal printed silk scarfs(scarves?) or ones that match your pjs, tie it gypsy style,and still look attractive while you maintain your doo.

If I was a man, I wouldn't want to see my wife wearing a jiffy pop bonnet every night, or her dirty, graying with frayed edges and floral print head scarf tied like a turban to bed. Not cute.

Who is T.O btw?

:look:

My scarf is black. Darker than my skin, but I guess it matches. ;)

Hrrrrm, maybe that's why DH doesn't care - since the scarf is the only thing I wear to bed. :lachen: :lachen:

Serious question: Some ladies mentioned sleeping on a satin pillowcase...is that just as effective in hair retention as a scarf? I've been sleeping in a scarf since I was a toddler and it is my security blanket. Might be nice to give it a rest awhile.

Last edited:
Prefacing this comment to say that no matter how we look at this "issue," T.O. is an idiot.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I see it like this.

Black women do not have to wear scarves to bed unless they are trying to preserve a straight style, so yeah, I have a problem with the idea that this is a necessity for black women.

HOWEVER... if black men have a problem with the scarf, then they need to stop worshipping straight hair on black women.

So, men have a few choices here.

A. Say, "NO SCARVES," and then encourage and assist their black SOs/wives to go natural and sleep on a satin pillowcase. Then there's no concern about rollers, wraps, scarves, pins and all of that. Then they won't have to worry about the dreaded unsexy scarf, and they can revel in the beauty of black women's natural and manageable kinky hair. (BIG GUFFAW! As if!)

B. If they demand that their women have a straight style that's bouncin' and behavin', they can say "NO SCARVES" and then wait patiently as their partners spend hours styling it, or they can pay for someone to do it for them as often as needed the next morning.

C. DEAL WITH THE SCARF.
I totally agree.

Serious question: Some ladies mentioned sleeping on a satin pillowcase...is that just as effective in hair retention as a scarf. I've been sleeping in a scarf since I was a toddler and it is my security blanket. Might be nice to give it a rest awhile.

I don't know, but I just had to :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: at your siggy.

Get it, Sister Grace!!!! :lachen:

Who is T.O btw?

Yes, you can make it look sexy. I agree that bonnets are OUT! The hair thing, especially with black women, can be rough--because most nighttime hair setups don't look too sexy. Doobies don't look sexy, big braids for braidouts don't look sexy, plastic caps for overnight conditioning DEFINITELY don't look sexy, etc...
Unless you're falling asleep with your hair down and tousled like a sex kitten, it won't look too fierce.

If I want curls or waves in the morning, I'm probably going to bed in bantu knots, braids, pincurls, or soft rollers. Throw on a cute and sexy animal print headband and KIM.

Interestingly enough my ex never cared about my silk scarf. He even asked me one night aren't you going to tie your hair up? T.O. is really full of himself.

I think it's a bit of an extreme to say that sans scarf= beauty queen.

Me personally, I don't care about white women. because white women aren't getting NEAR the amount of scrutiny we receive daily. My thing is that the scarf issue is pretty minute and is easily able to be compromised. If my man was walking around in a du-rag, I'd be having trouble and he would have to remove it.

I brought up white women because of T.O's assistant's comment, and the assumption that only black women go to bed not looking sexy.:grin:

And yes, a scarf might not be necessary at night, but preserving a straight style usually takes wrapping and that is equally not sexy. Most men who complain about scarves, wraps, etc would prefer their women go to bed with the hair they had that day. That's not always doable depending on how you wear your hair.

Glad I haven't had to deal with this issue. :nono: Is a scarf REALLY that serious?? I'm sure most men don't necessarily like it, but a real man would understand that it's necessary in order for me to look fly in the morning. :yep:

:look:

My scarf is black. Darker than my skin, but I guess it matches. ;)

Hrrrrm, maybe that's why DH doesn't care - since the scarf is the only thing I wear to bed. :lachen: :lachen:

:lachen:, I'm putting you and your man in the minority, since you go to bed like :blondboob!

But for the rest who wear their scarves with pink oil stains and holes, along with baggy sweats and XXL T-shirts, give your men a break and try to be a little sexy (unless you are not in the mood lol).

Meh..what does it really matter? That's his preference..so what? I'm sure there are plenty of (black) men who feel the same. T.O. just happened to say it on TV

So I was watching the T.O. new reality show:look: I know....I shouldnt have been lol:) And he was about to go to bed in a double bed hotel room with his publicist Kita who happens to be black.

she pulled out her satin scarf to tie up her hair and he said. What is that!!!:rolleyes:

She said "My scarf" he looked at her like:perplexed (perplexed) and said "The women I date don't wear scarfs to bed, you look like a lifesaver auntchimama" (she had on mulitcolored striped pants from vikkisecret too)

She said "See you need to stop dating all those white and exotic women because sistahs wear scarves to bed and if you date a sistah this is what you are gonna get."

He proceeded to roll his eyes and tell her "I hope you don't wear that with your man"

She defended herself by saying she wasn't trying to be cute for anybody and not him either.

I thought it was interesting and wondered if any of you women sacrifice your healthy hair care to look cute for your man at night???:scratchch(especially when its a new relationship) Or do you say what Kita said to T.O. "I'm not trying to be cute for anybody and I gotta take care of my hair":lachen:

Also, does the scarf affect your sex life:sekret:?!? I once had a scarf on in bed with my S.O. and he pulled it off my hair before you know....lol:) I was mad that my wrap had to be sacrificed but I got over it. It was worth the sacrifice!!! THAT NIGHT ONLY:lachen:

See, she needs to speak for HERSELF, because I don't wear scarves to bed.

I sleep on a satin pillowcase and may tie my hair into a PUFF with a scarf, but I don't cover my entire head. They don't stay on my head and I'm not about to fuss with them to do so. When I'm having sex, I'm not thinking about my hair (I better not be!). I'll deal with whateva later.

Now, I do like seeing a nicely tied up head with a banging outfit and earrings though! I don't know how to tie up a scarf to wear it will look pretty on me and not like I left the plantation.

And women bend over backwards to keep the "fantasy" alive. A man can come to bed with a five o'clock shadow, sweat stained t-shirt, and boxers that are one hole away from being ripped to shreads and it's cool. But women have to be on point in the dark AND when everyone's eyes are closed. Whatever. :yawn:

Not with me he can't.

oh well. he's not my man. he dosen't have to like scarves. people have preferences.. and i can respect that. i don't like men with bald heads and alien faces.. imo, TO is one of those men that i'm just not facially attracted to. no doubt, he has a nice body.. but he can hop his alien face in bed with his non scarf wearing woman. makes me no difference. i'mma hop in bed with dh, who happens to think my scarf is cute.

T.O....said what!? That ***** face look like taco meat....fall back...he lucky that football working in his favor cause his face game is a big ****ing FAIL.

these dusty no good men always have something to say about what black women should do......im sick of this crap!

Last edited:
T.O....said what!? That ***** face look like taco meat....fall back...he lucky that football working in his favor cause his face game is a big ****ing FAIL.

Right!

Sometimes I wear one to bed and sometimes I don't and just ride with the satin pillow. It all depends on how I feel but wearing one all the time is totally not SEXY!.:giggle: Let that thing air out a bit.....

^^ but its apart of black culture....he knows that...our hair is different and requires different things/maintenance.
.....i cant stand that baboon...yeah i said it...so :look:

^^ but its apart of black culture....he knows that...our hair is different and requires different things/maintenance.
.....i cant stand that baboon...yeah i said it...so :look:

:lachen: I know. He should have kept that to himself especially on national television. I've never seen a race of men that like putting their women down like black men.

OT: I'm sitting here thinking about how lucky you women are because my scarfs always fall off in the middle of the night so I don't even bother wearing one now

Carry on...

Back