Spin-off : If You Hit Your Boyfriend/husband

vani

...would he hit you back?

Say you're arguing with your S/O and you're so frustrated that you end up slapping him or shoving him really hard ....would he hit you back ?

If he did, would he be justified in your opinion? I'm not talking in general, I'm asking specifically about your current S/O.

This is a spin-off of the thread in ET about Steve Smith and his comments about domestic violence. A lot of ladies in that thread agreed that if a woman hit a man, she should prepare to get hit back.

I don't put my hands on people BUT if I did hit my current partner, no, he would not hit me back. That doesn't mean another man wouldn't.

Absolutely not.

I used to have a bit of a violent temper, I've NEVER had a man lay a hand on me. EVER.

If a man ever does, that'll be a day he'll remember and regret for the rest of his life. IDGAF what I did. Hell will have no fury like this woman. Out for blood will be putting it mildly. I'd take probation for that one. that's a promise. you can write that check and take it to bank.

I don't go around hitting men nor would I ever involve myself with any man who would think its ok to hit a woman. Now, I'm not saying men should just stand there and be a punching bag, they can restrain the woman or walk away. But to actually strike back? Unless the chick has a weapon or she's a black belt amazon warrior, I don't see it.

It must be a new breed of women out here that believe its ok and justifiable for a man to hit a woman back.

The role of a man is to be a protector, so at the point he becomes a predator he is no longer protecting. Whomever I am in a relationship should love me and care enough about me to remove himself from the situation if I am "having a moment". It takes a bigger man not to do the fool with a fool.

Maybe this type of man is a rare breed nowaday, but I fully expect my SO/DH to be the bigger person if I am trying to pick a fight and vice versa.

I can't imagine hitting my DH, I don't even yell at him.

However, I married a man with excellent upbringing . If I were to hit him, he would never hit me back.

A man hitting a woman is taboo in certain circles , this is why this debate is not entertained in mainstream arenas.

I personally hate the issue because it takes the focus off of women who are abused. Now victims have to deal with the question " did you hit him first?" What is this first grade? Quality men don't hit women.

It must be a new breed of women out here that believe its ok and justifiable for a man to hit a woman back.

The role of a man is to be a protector, so at the point he becomes a predator he is no longer protecting. Whomever I am in a relationship should love me and care enough about me to remove himself from the situation if I am "having a moment". It takes a bigger man not to do the fool with a fool.

Maybe this type of man is a rare breed nowaday, but I fully expect my SO/DH to be the bigger person if I am trying to pick a fight and vice versa.

A real man--a gentleman of quality, integrity and self-respect knows when to walk away. Leave.

There is never an excuse to hit a woman. EVER. period. point blank. the end.

women who believe otherwise do not need to raise boys. Instilling such misogynistic sadistic values in boys will only produce future men that feel justified and entitled to hit women as they deem fit. smh.

I pushed my current SO but I have never hit him. We both experienced physical abuse in the past so he knows better to not go there.

...would he hit you back?

Say you're arguing with your S/O and you're so frustrated that you end up slapping him or shoving him really hard ....would he hit you back ?

If he did, would he be justified in your opinion? I'm not talking in general, I'm asking specifically about your current S/O.

This is a spin-off of the thread in ET about Steve Smith and his comments about domestic violence. A lot of ladies in that thread agreed that if a woman hit a man, she should prepare to get hit back.

I have been in some scuffles with a man more so defending myself. And I have had the police called on me. But I used to fight boys all of the time and would knock dudes out. Two separate incidents had parents knocking on my door thinkin I was a boy that jacked their kid up. I don't condone violence, but if you are bad enough to slap a grown man, you are bad enough to get slapped back. If not you don't go and poke the bear.

Is there going to be anyone who is going to say yes they hit their current SO and he hits back?

I want someone that said it was okay for a woman to hit a man and expect him to hit her back to come in and say she hits her man and he hits her back and its cool.

I realize the dynamic within every relationship is different, so Id like to see how a relationship like this works.

No he wouldn't hit me. I'm sure he would not tolerate me hitting him but his response would not be to slap me back and definitely not punch me.

This thread is nuts. Everyone should keep their hands to theirselves.

If a woman has balls to put her hands on a man, a guy may walk away, he may restrain her, he may push/choke her or he may beat her *** like she's a man...

You may not know who you have until you're in that situation. Why take the gamble?? Learn to deal with anger appropriately.

All in all, no matter how frustrated, DO NOT HIT. There's no justification. I am not on the side of any woman that hits first.

I want someone that said it was okay for a woman to hit a man and expect him to hit her back to come in and say she hits her man and he hits her back and its cool.

I realize the dynamic within every relationship is different, so Id like to see how a relationship like this works.

And I have a sister in law that thinks it's cool to fight men, so yep she gets what she asked for.

Yeah I've noticed that a lot of women (especially black women) are raising their sons to hit back. Knock a *bleep* out a la Ray Rice :nono: they fail to see how wrong and short sighted this is.

Why would a man manipulate a woman to the point she feels threatened and fights back with screaming and things escalate to the point she hits him? Is that all her or is she being manipulated to strike him so he justifies beating her?

As much as people's personal lives get dragged on here, I don't see that happening. Maybe on a different board with a different audience and anonymity.

No he wouldn't hit me back. It would be the end of our relationship though.

People do need to keep their hands to themselves and if they choose not to they need to know who they are dealing with. People can should and should not other people all they want. A woman hits the wrong one she is going to get hit back. Right or wrong, it's done. There is theory and there is reality.

Yeah I've noticed that a lot of women (especially black women) are raising their sons to hit back. Knock a *bleep* out a la Ray Rice :nono: they fail to see how wrong and short sighted this is.

This sounds like you are condoning women girls hitting and that no matter what happens men boys should show restrsint. How about teaching people that hitting is wrong period. Everybody keeps their hands to themselves.

Why would a man manipulate a woman to the point she feels threatened and fights back with screaming and things escalate to the point she hits him? Is that all her or is she being manipulated to strike him so he justifies beating her?

No some women just act out and haven't been raised properly.

Why is it hard to believe their are women who are rats who just like to swing on men because of their vagina. I know of too many women who cannot articulate with words and get overly frustrated and start beating the **** outta some dude. There are women who test men this way. Its not right.

I would never swing on DH. He made it clear that he doesnt tolerate getting hit and vice versa. If I swing on him will he hit me? No...But if I didnt stop he probably would fling my a*s somewhere. I know this.

Absolutely not.

I used to have a bit of a violent temper, I've NEVER had a man lay a hand on me. EVER.

If a man ever does, that'll be a day he'll remember and regret for the rest of his life. IDGAF what I did. Hell will have no fury like this woman. Out for blood will be putting it mildly. I'd take probation for that one. that's a promise. you can write that check and take it to bank.

The role of a man is to be a protector, so at the point he becomes a predator he is no longer protecting. :nono: It takes a bigger man not to do the fool with a fool.

Suppose you hit him and he doesn't hit you back...is it ok for his sister/cousin or whatever to come by and wax that arse?

I think this brings up a whole new issue where a woman hitting a man has become justifiable. Forget about what comes next.

I said it before in the last thread...let a woman try hitting on my brothers just because she's having a "moment". Men have moments too, and so do sisters and moms :ohwell:

I am not physical fighter. I use words and even in those situations, he walks away rather than say something he would regret. It just not in his personality to be violent so his instinctive reaction would never be physical violence.

Why is it hard to believe their are women who are rats who just like to swing on men because of their vagina. I know of too many women who cannot articulate with words and get overly frustrated and start beating the **** outta some dude. There are women who test men this way. Its not right.

I would never swing on DH. He made it clear that he doesnt tolerate getting hit and vice versa. If I swing on him will he hit me? No...But if I didnt stop he probably would fling my a*s somewhere. I know this.

Nobody should be hitting or feeling the need to hit. If it gets to that all parties involved need to remove themselves. Why can't people just agree about that. What is the weaker sex stuff. You don't spit, hit, kick, poke, push, etc...period. I would like to hear from women that do this and don't feel a msn should retaliate. Tell why what you do is ok and you deserve a pass.

Like I say sometimes. Im childish. I will beat the shaat outta woman for hitting my son or brother.

I know my brother wont hit a woman back.....but I fight hos. Abuse is abuse period.

Suppose you hit him and he doesn't hit you back...is it ok for his sister/cousin or whatever to come by and wax that arse?

I think this brings up a whole new issue where a woman hitting a man has become justifiable. Forget about what comes next.

I said it before in the last thread...let a woman try hitting on my brothers just because she's having a "moment". Men have moments too, and so do sisters and moms :ohwell:

Back