Sooo, How many weeks post relaxer are you?

santia

Currently, I'm 6 weeks and trying to stretch at least til 10. Every touch up I plan on adding 2 weeks :D

13 weeks going for a 6 month stretch. I've been doing this since I joined this board and it has made a WORLD of difference.

I am coming up on 10 weeks and since I underprocessed the front of my hair last time on my first attempt at self relaxing, I may touch up at any moment. :look:

I'm currently 10 weeks post. I usually relax between 10 and 11 weeks, but I'm going to see how long I can go since I'm pregnant. I just don't have the energy to do a touch up at this point.:p

SILKE74 said:
I am currently 4 weeks post and I'm going for 12 weeks and its hard.
Isn't it though? But that's why the support that you get on this board is priceless!!! I have learned how to deal with the two different textures instead of trying to fight the new growth. My hair has not been this healthy since I was a kid. It's funny how my family went from calling me "hair obsessed" to calling my for hair advice on a daily basis.:lol:

caribeandiva said:
6 weeks. i'm trying to stretch for 12 weeks. i've never been able to go past 8 before.

Me too, I am currently 6 weeks and trying to stretch for 12 weeks and I have never been able to go past 8 before but I am determined this time....I have so much ng but it's cool though..has'nt gotten out of hand yet.

this Saturday will be eight weeks for me. :) I used to be not able to go beyond six weeks because it would be difficult to comb through my hair and it would start to break. :( I started going to the Dominicans and that helped me with the combing and shedding part. I just got tree braids so that I can stretch it out another six to eight weeks. I really only want to get touch-ups three or four times a year.

I'm 9 wks and 4 days. this is the longest i've stretched without a weave, but i'm excited! i've never taken the time to properly care for my hair and now that i'm armed with all of this information I'm sure i can stretch to 12 weeks!:grin:

13 weeks down and 7 more to go.....(I was going to try to go 24 weeks again, but I am just so anxious to get it relaxed so I am hoping I can even make it through the next 7 weeks!)

I'm at approximately 23 weeks and currently have my hair braided to avoid dealing with my hair. I'm not too sure what my next step is going to be.

I will be at 12 weeks on Friday. My goal is 12 weeks so I should be relaxing soon.

This is the first time for me to go this far. Last time I went 9 weeks. I am gradually increasing each relaxer until I make 16 weeks.

santia said:
Currently, I'm 6 weeks and trying to stretch at least til 10. Every touch up I plan on adding 2 weeks :D

This is an excellent strategy. Exactly what I did to work myself up to being a 20 week stretcher!:grin: On my last go-round though, my hair must have grown like crazy because I just could not make it to 20 weeks. I made it to 17 but was really struggling at 13.

I am currently 6 weeks post and will be going to my usual 20. That should be around Thanksgiving time.

This Saturday will be 7 weeks, but I'm going to get a touch-up at 9 weeks. I know that's not impressive, but I used to get touch-ups every 5-6 weeks!

Back