Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Just texlaxed!
Currently sitting under the heated conditioning cap.

I'm sooo exhausted y'all. I didn't do a good job with my relaxer BUT I'm happy to have done SOMETHING bc my last relaxer was Dec 27th or so and today is September 28. So I had 9 months of new growth going on. lol

Finally finished prepping last night. I relax in very large sections. This time I only did 6 instead of 8, 3 sections on each side:

1727536856038.png

I washed, no DC bc I knew I was relaxing and DCing today. I based my scalp with EVOO, Blue Magic and Vaseline. Applied EVOO and then the Vatika moisturizing and protein conditioners that I want to use up to my hair. I slather conditioner and oil all over and then apply Blue Magic and Vaseline onto the pre-relaxed portion of my hair only and then twist that up:

1727536894967.png

Before I relax, I apply another coat of Vaseline onto the twists.

ETA: To apply, I hold out a twist and slather on the relaxer all around the base of the section with my other hand. I do all sections that way first and then I go through each section, hold out a twist and literally squeeze the relaxer into the base of the section, ensuring that my fingers meet each time I squeeze. And then do a pulling motion after my fingers meet, in order to "smooth" the relaxer into the section. Once I do one section, I move on the next. I hope that makes sense. When I'm done I use one finger to smooth all of the sections down onto my head in the same direction.

This is the relaxer applied:

1727536919979.png

Took me longer apply this time bc I'm absolutely exhausted. So my relaxer stayed on longer than I wanted. Instead of 8 minutes, it was in approx 10-12 mins as I waited for my water to warm up a bit more.

I neutralized 3 times. Lathering and letting it sit 15 mins the first two times and then 30 minutes the final time. I like to style my hair like this when I'm neutralizing:

1727536946870.png 1727536983934.png

Does anyone else remember this 90's French roll at the top of the head style?? I used to love it but I never had enough hair to actually do it myself. So it's my go-to when I neutralize bc the hair is so moldable. lol. Also, it's a good way to keep the hair from falling down and the water doesn't run down as much while I'm sitting around for 15-30 minutes.

Also, I should note that I skipped my trusty ACV rinse for my final neutralizing. I'm not sure how different my hair will turn out. I won't know for a few days. But I had to skip it bc my son is very sensitive to smells and I traumatized him bc I've been relaxing my hair during the day instead of doing it at night, when he's asleep, like I used to. And the ACV smell mixed with the chemical is too much for him. He's very sweet about it but I don't want to affect him like that. Like, the first time it happened, he quietly put on his jacket and went out into the backyard to swing without either me or Dada and wouldn't come back in until the smell was gone. He usually has one of us out there with him bc he has no other sibling to play with. And now every time I do my hair in the sink I have to promise him that I'm not using the "stinky" hair stuff. So, yeah, Mama is trying to see if I can skip that step - for his sake. :pray:

So then I mixed up my amino acid + baking soda condish to DC with. The baking soda helps to get rid of the faint chemical smell I usually experience after relaxing. I start applying it like a touch up on loose hair:

1727536999620.png

And then apply more down to the rest of the hair. Then I bun it up and cover with two plastic grocery bags and a thick shower cap to DC with heat:

1727537025871.png 1727537036224.png

1727537052443.png

It's very messy so I do it over the sink. As I said, I'm currently DCing. Once I post this, I'll rinse it out in the shower and then get my results pix. Also do my pull tests because it's my TWO YEAR RELAXER ANNIVERSARY. I'll be posting those pics in the other thread but I'll come back and post pix here after I blow dry and flat iron. I plan to do that either tonight or tomorrow. But probably tomorrow bc, I'm exhausted. lol

Last edited:
Back