Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

I’ve been breezing by this stretch this time around that I completely forgot how many weeks post I was (8-9 weeks based on my last post). Correcting my curly ends helped tremendously and I feel like I can keep things going for a while so far. I use the revair to stretch my hair after washes and I’ve just been doing two Dutch braids between hair washing unless I go out. I need to relax it in October for a major event I want to look perfect for but I might end up doing a longer stretch next year.
We’ll see how it feels at the 12-16 week mark but fingers crossed that it stays easy!

I think I may have overestimated my energy level for today! Had a great time hanging out with family, and now I'm back home and tired!

It's not like I did anything but sit, eat, talk and kiss on babies! Lol! However, I'm going to chill for another hour then dive in and pre-part my hair. I have zero time to mess with relaxing tomorrow or Monday. Just gotta suck it up and get to it tonight. :)

Trimmed a few days ago and this is from this morning after the gym, so still a little wet at the roots.

20240906_074745.jpg

I'm happy that I don't feel any underprocessed areas like before. I slightly underprocess my nape on purpose though. I used ORS Olive Oil no lye (regular). I only added half the oil packet to the relaxer this time. I think using that full packet weakens the relaxer too much.

Of course I wish my hair was longer, but I'm good with where I am. The length will come.

Plan to relax again at 10 weeks post. That'll put me right before Thanksgiving. :up:

@sunnieb

Yay, I'm happy to hear you've figured out that relaxer issue! I had no idea that system came with an oil package! They were literally texlaxing ppl? Wow. With that info, it makes sense that the relaxer was underprocessing you.

You're absolutely right that your length will come. I saw your bun you posted in another thread and I was happy to see it look full again. You're doing all of the right things to get you back to BSL in no time! KUTGW!! :clap:

Trimmed a few days ago and this is from this morning after the gym, so still a little wet at the roots.

View attachment 498486

I'm happy that I don't feel any underprocessed areas like before. I slightly underprocess my nape on purpose though. I used ORS Olive Oil no lye (regular). I only added half the oil packet to the relaxer this time. I think using that full packet weakens the relaxer too much.

Of course I wish my hair was longer, but I'm good with where I am. The length will come.

Plan to relax again at 10 weeks post. That'll put me right before Thanksgiving. :up:
Ok so you deserve hugs for the oil mention as I’m getting a new relaxer soon and won’t add much of the oil because my hair looks natural.

View attachment 498486

I didn’t add the oil at all. I actually forgot about it. And I am chilling on the length for now too. I am over cutting my hair, since I have enough length to pin or clip it up. I was wearing it clipped up with a headband this week. My new boss likes to have the camera on during meetings…………….

I didn’t add the oil at all. I actually forgot about it. And I am chilling on the length for now too. I am over cutting my hair, since I have enough length to pin or clip it up. I was wearing it clipped up with a headband this week. My new boss likes to have the camera on during meetings…………….
I am such a stickler for following directions!

I might try not adding any oil next time. Or maybe just a little. :look:

Camera on meetings should be banned. I do love the Zoom filter though. That feature makes me looks lovely with zero effort on my part! :lol:

I am such a stickler for following directions!

I might try not adding any oil next time. Or maybe just a little. :look:

Camera on meetings should be banned. I do love the Zoom filter though. That feature makes me looks lovely with zero effort on my part! :lol:
I got triggered and impulsive now that I gotta be on camera, so I just ordered some Goody spin pins, I got some black and brown scrunchies yesterday, and bought some more lipstick and glosses. I needed those spin pins. I was in Walgreens searching for them. I guess they don’t sell these in stores anymore. Nobody rocks buns anymore? I also got some Garnier Honey serum and their leave-in that can be used on damp or dry hair. I used some last night and I like how my hair feels!
Oh and I wanted to tell you I got the Conair Pro drying wand. love it! It has different setting for heat and speed. It is light weight. I love the comb attachments. I am heat styler, but use heat only on wash days.

2 weeks post and i can definitely tell that my hair is back on track to being properly relaxed. I've been airdrying without a scarf - couldn't do that with underprocessed newgrowth.

THIS is what 2 weeks post should feel like! :lol:

I still think I'm over doing long stretches. I'll get to 10 weeks post and reassess. I might go to 11 weeks only because of the timing right before Thanksgiving. I'll see how my hair is acting.

Lurking in here has been so helpful as some are rebounding from setbacks with ease and consistency.
Your are so right!

I was inactive for some periods of time while I dealt with stuff, but I always come back to work on and refine what I'm doing with my hair.

I remember when I first found LHCF back in 2008 and was so excited! I couldn't find anyone IRL who wanted to do all this with me. Most of them didn't want to commit, went to a stylist weekly, or simply cut their hair off and wore weave/wigs.

They thought I was nuts! :lachen:

Your are so right!

I was inactive for some periods of time while I dealt with stuff, but I always come back to work on and refine what I'm doing with my hair.

I remember when I first found LHCF back in 2008 and was so excited! I couldn't find anyone IRL who wanted to do all this with me. Most of them didn't want to commit, went to a stylist weekly, or simply cut their hair off and wore weave/wigs.

They thought I was nuts! :lachen:
Your one I have had my eye on and it hit me earlier this week. Like you keep showing up and being consistent no matter the time. I have never know anyone irl who is into hair like us here. I do wear wigs but that’s because I would be bald with all the stuff I like.

But I’m in such a transition state of life and it’s like ok here are ladies not where they want yet but will be because they keep tinkering and showing up. I apply lessons on all areas of life. Heck you have managed to completely shift your life from body, money and ease.

Back