Single Ladies (or those are keeping their options open), lets take a step...

Okay since we arent getting that many more responses, maybe we can start forming the local sub groups and start planning some meet up activities.
For me, i know so far, blackhairdiva seems to be the only one in ontario / canada. Black hair, do u ever come to toronto? And how is the "prospect pool" over there in Ottawa? I know it would be better if we were in the same local area or had more members in our local areas but we can see if we can make something good out of this. For now, we can be the ONTARIO group.

For other current members, lets do the same. I'm not sure how close you all are geograpically so it would not be a very good idea for me to do the group splitting so lets have everyone add themselves into the most convinient geograpical groups.

For everyone else, we are always accepting new members so feel free to let us know if you're intersted and which group local group u will join.

Last edited:
Okay since we arent getting that many more responses, maybe we can start forming the local sub groups and start planning some meet up activities.
For me, i know so far, blackhairdiva seems to be the only one in ontario / canada. Black hair, do u ever come to toronto? And how is the "prospect pool" over there in Ottawa? I know it would be better if we were in the same local area or had more members in our local areas but we can see if we can make something good out of this. For now, we can be the ONTARIO group.

For other current members, lets do the same. I'm not sure how close you all are geograpically so it would not be a very good idea for me to do the group splitting so lets have everyone add themselves into the most convinient geograpical groups.

For everyone else, we are always accepting new members so feel free to let us know if you're intersted and which group local group u will join.

I dont go to toronto to much but I would be open of going there. The dating scene in my area sucks... No offense...Before this thread I was thinking of maybe working the other side of the border as in the New england area.

I dont go to toronto to much but I would be open of going there. The dating scene in my area sucks... No offense...Before this thread I was thinking of maybe working the other side of the border as in the New england area.

I think we'll be starting with the toronto scene then :-D. Depending on our schedules, if there are any interesting social events happening here at the time, we can try them out and if there arent, we can have dinner to get better acquainted and then head to lounge recommended for meeting people (i already one i want to try out) and see what happens. We'll chill and try to have fun and if we meet ppl by doing so, great; if not, at least we had a fun night out. We can coordinate and find a convenient meet up day thru pm'ing since it seems like its gonna be just us to for now.

If anyone else wants to join us, just let me know.

And finally for all of us, i think that even if we meet someone through one of the meet up events, we should still try and attend events (if possible) to give moral support / assistance to those who havent met anyone especially because we just started this initiative and dont have too many members yet. Or what do u guys think?

Okay, I'll get the ball rolling for the NYC ladies (i'm not on LHCF often enough to keep this up on my own though so this needs to be a team effort, lol). Here's a list of people who said they were interested in being part of the NYC group:

rastafarai
labellechele
brittster
jewelleny
livingdol1
ackee walk
fadeka (in dc, but willing to travel to ny)

If you want to be added to the NYC list, speak up. In the meantime, my fellow NYC ladies, let's make a list of good spots/events to check out. Oh, and maybe we should all meet up before the first event, so it won't be awkward :look:

I'll start the list:
First Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum

Okay, I'll get the ball rolling for the NYC ladies (i'm not on LHCF often enough to keep this up on my own though so this needs to be a team effort, lol). Here's a list of people who said they were interested in being part of the NYC group:

rastafarai
labellechele
brittster
jewelleny
livingdol1
ackee walk
fadeka (in dc, but willing to travel to ny)

If you want to be added to the NYC list, speak up. In the meantime, my fellow NYC ladies, let's make a list of good spots/events to check out. Oh, and maybe we should all meet up before the first event, so it won't be awkward

I'll start the list:
First Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum

thanks for starting a list.

i think it's a great idea to meet up before the first event. maybe we should do brunch or after work drinks.. whatever is easier.

to add to the list....:

First Fridays at the Guggenheim is a fun party. 9pm until 1 am.

Free Music Fridays at the American Folk Art Museum- this sounds kinda fun.

mmm... i don't know if anyone has any interest is speed dating, but a friend sent me this site and she's been told by other friends that it's fun: www.onspeeddating.com

i'll try to think of more things. there are always things i want to check out with friends but they're never available. tim burton will be showing an exhibit at the MOMA and i MUST see that!!!!

Back