"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

I am half way finish doing my twists. They are big. I am not sure how long they will last as I did not get the kinky twist hair. They're cute though.

I am thinking of adding headwraps with baggies underneath since it is fall now.

I WANT TO JOIN!
FOR MONTHS I'VE BEEN WEARING BONNETS EVERYDAY. I JUST PUT MY HAIR IN BRAIDS BUT I STIILL HAVE A PATCH THAT NEEDS TO BE BRAIDED.

My protective style of choice is BRAIDS AND WIGS...when i get my wigs
I will PS for 3 months
I promise to adhere to the heat rules; already in practice
I will update at least once every two weeks FROM MY ROOTS (I'M IN SINGLES RIGHT NOW)

Checking in- I just got back from a week in cold, dry Boston. I did pretty well with buns, french braids and daily moisturizing.

Just checking in with you guys---Took down my Kinky twist had them in for 3 weeks ---Deep conditioned with Yes to Carrots mask and now wearing a sew in (hoping it will last for 6 weeks)

Checking in

Took out my braids and DC'd with heat yesterday. Washed and redid them. Sealed the braided section with castor oil and the exposed section with coconut oil. Still wigging it and today I'm wearing the exposed in a large flat twist, rather than out. Also did a porosity test (my hair hasn't been feeling too dry, but I still wanted to check) and passed with flying colors.

Checkin in..... I used a heat pass 4 the front of my hair this weekend. I wanted a sleek look so I straightended my kinky weave 4 this black and white party I went to this weekend. I was really cute :)

I miss my hair tho :/ I have till next weekend till I remove my kinky weave there is at least and inch of hair under this bad boy. Next I plan to instal a straight weave next week as well I will keep it in for two weeks (im really just doing it 4 my Bday). Then I will go back to my kinky weave hopefully till the end of the year.

I when I change my hair do. I reallly really really hope I get some good growth by the end of this challenge!!

Checkin in. Am having withdrawal symptoms from seeing my hair in corn rows so much. LOL. ok ok joke

Well Saturday i did a protein DC and followed with a moisture DC. Moisturized, plait over my rows and sealed my ends.

I have to post my pics but i'll put it on my fotki.

Checking in..I’m still in cornrows. I plan to keep them in until November 18th, then get them redone.

Checking In. My hair is behaving so well. I can't believe how wonderfully this stretch is going. I LOVE wigs.

Checking in!

Last night I did Twist on my natural hair!!! It didn't take as long as I expected and they turned out awesome.

I used the Jamaican Mango and Lime Twist and Loc Gel!!!! WAs awesome and my hair is soooo soft!

Checkin' in. Sunday was wash day. I DCed with Alter Ego w/ Garlic mixed with some humectress and sweet almond oil. My hair was soooo soft afterwards.:lick:
Still bunning. Loving the simplicity of bunning.

Checking in!
I've been bunning every day, and my hair is so happy with me for it. She stays soft and moist all day, and there's no breakage! :happydance:
I'm 7 weeks post, so the battle with my new growth is kind of beginning (:lol:), but as long as I keep bunning and baggying, I think I'll be okay.

This has been a great challenge, thanks poranges! :yep:

Checking In!

I'm 12 1/2 weeks post. It hasn't been a problem yet! I'm still bunning my lil heart out. I'm going to a black tie event on Friday and I plan to get a wig for that so I don't have to straighten my hair.

I've been bunning everyday so far. I hasn't bothered me yet except for Saturday when I went out, I ended up wearing my ends out, I couldn't go out in a bun (my buns are tiny). At least my hair was up off my shoulders all night.

Allll right! I am all in for this challenge.

-My protective style of choice is two strand twist and braids.
- I will PS For all the months.
- I promise to adhere to the heat rules.
- I will update at least once every two weeks

I'm still a-bunning with my Good Hair Day Pins and moisturizing twice a day with a combination of Hydratherma Naturals, Lacio Lacio and JBCO. I also seal my ends with JBCO.

I'm still in a bun, actually i did a braidout and then bunned it to give me that wave effect. I will be doing this for another week, then back to the half wigs and wigs.. I ordered 7 pieces from clair hair yesterday, and I cant wait until they get here! They should take me into the new year!

ok what i have been doing for the last 3 weeks or so is twisting/braiding my hair for a week, wearing a puff for a day and then braiding or twisting again. yesterday i wore a puff and am back in braids today. i will try to wear these for two weeks. when i take them out i will rock a puff using my new curl junkie products and then that same night i plan on doing individual twists using afroveda totally twisted butter.

Back