LHCF Stylin' School challenge

So this is attempt #1 of the tuck and pin style. When I reached to the bottom I secured both sides with hair bands so its like 2 ponys. Then I bring both sides together and secure with a third band. So there should be a triangular space between the both sides and where they are secured at the bottom. I then hold the hair at the band where the two sides meet and bring it upwards and through the triangular space. Next I take the ends of the pony and bring them upwards through the space again and secure with a hair clip. Thats how I got that bun looking thing at the back of the style.

Attachments

• DSC00304.jpg
    DSC00304.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00306.jpg
    DSC00306.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00310.jpg
    DSC00310.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00316.jpg
    DSC00316.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00302.jpg
    DSC00302.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 30
This is attempt #2 of the tuck style. I didnt like how the rolls looked starting from the front on my hair (I usually like the front of my hair flat) so I did a center part, brushed the hair backwards and started rolling from about the center of my head. The back I did the same way as before. The pony tail can be tucked through the triangular space once and the ends left hanging (like in pic #3) or you can bring the ends upwards and through the space again to create that bun effect.

Attachments

• DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00320.jpg
    DSC00320.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00321.jpg
    DSC00321.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00322.jpg
    DSC00322.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00323.jpg
    DSC00323.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 25
Now for the Chinese bun.... would you believe that I went to 2 BSS and they had no hair sticks? Im not sure where I can get them now, I thought that they would have been easy enough to find....:perplexed

Anyways, I did the bun using a pencil but it was pretty difficult because it was not long enough for me to wrap my hair around properly:spinning:. I attempted it once because of this.... I need to get me some hair sticks so that I can do this style the right way. I liked it alot though... looking forward to trying it again. :yep:

Attachments

• DSC00324.jpg
    DSC00324.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00327.jpg
    DSC00327.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00332.jpg
    DSC00332.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00326.jpg
    DSC00326.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 20
The Pomp & Cinnabun Hairstyle on twists

Excuse the conditioner on my shirt

Photo2381.jpg

Photo2406-Copy.jpg

Photo2408.jpg

Photo2409.jpg

Photo2410.jpg

It's starting to get lonely up in here.
Where are all the other challengers?

Hey!!!! I'm sorry for being out of commission. I recently became a foster mother to a little puppy (long story short: I have an irresponsible younger brother. Ugh!!!), and I have not even had time to put conditioner in my hair sadly. Please don't stop this thread. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I've seen so far. I will be back in about two weeks. Until then, keep doin' what you guys do b/c I'm tryin' to do me some cute hairstyles just like you guys are!! :yep:

@ lovegymnasts..... I love this style on you!!!!! U have a color? WOW great job chic. I havent tried it as yet.... the stocking wont work on my texturised hair, Im not getting the resistance I need to tie it properly. I may try it with a banana clip doh.....

So which style has been ur fav. so far?

I really like the tuck and pin style.

@cia.... no probz... you can just post pics when you try them

@ lovegymnasts..... I love this style on you!!!!! U have a color? WOW great job chic. I havent tried it as yet.... the stocking wont work on my texturised hair, Im not getting the resistance I need to tie it properly. I may try it with a banana clip doh.....

So which style has been ur fav. so far?

I really like the tuck and pin style.

@cia.... no probz... you can just post pics when you try them

Thanks
No color; I've never colored my hair. I like my natural color. It looks like a blend of browns but it's really a slight reddish brown. A hair stylist told me it was called dirty brown.:ohwell:

IRL: hair looks different in different lights and lighter/redder during the summer
On camera: the camera messes up the color sometimes; don't know why

Favorites
For comfort: tuck and roll
For look: the first southern tease with the hair stick

The Pomp & Cinnabun: I like it but it requires too many bobby pins. I've never used more than 2 or 3 before.

@ lovegymnasts... im definately out of my comfort zone as well girl... very thankful for your support in this challenge!!

Wow - I like this thread. I especially like how everyone is doing the same style but because of different hair textures, each head looks unique.

I didn't know about this thread but I did my first chinese bun last year and it's a keeper.

Now you're making me want to try that tuck and pin style! I'll post if I do it.

Wow - I like this thread. I especially like how everyone is doing the same style but because of different hair textures, each head looks unique.

I didn't know about this thread but I did my first chinese bun last year and it's a keeper.

Now you're making me want to try that tuck and pin style! I'll post if I do it.

Thanks for stopping by... you have beautiful hair. Nice job with the chinese bun!! Def. post the pics of the tuck and pin style if you try it.......its my absolute fav. thus far. It just think its sooo cute!!

Thanks for stopping by... you have beautiful hair. Nice job with the chinese bun!! Def. post the pics of the tuck and pin style if you try it.......its my absolute fav. thus far. It just think its sooo cute!!

I will! I love the way it looks on you. So pretty!

It reminds me of the styles from 20-40s. Look at these pomps:
2339831211_25ab7a928f.jpg

3033797196_238612ccdf.jpg

@ wavezncurlz... WOW!! gorgeous! They look so classy and elegant.. especially the 2nd pic. Imagine I spent the past year and a half in plain ole boring donut buns most of the time.. I feel like I didnt enjoy my hair at different lengths... so sad

The pomp an cinnabun is proving to be a bit difficult for me..... I wore a banana clip for the first time today, wen I got home I realized that I cracked one of the top pieces that interlock :ohwell:

I guess I need to get a new one so that I can attempt the style... maybe a bigger one that has a little room to stretch. I hate when my hair breaks stuff....it was a my first banana clip too :sad:

:perplexed

This is my pomp and cinnabun attempt#1. I didnt like the cinnabuns honestly:ohwell:.
I took them down and just wore the back open (I guess this is my personal touch :grin:). I really like it this way... I think this is going to be one of my go to styles now...its really easy an perfect for when S.O suddenly decides he wants to go out :spinning:

Also, the style of the week is this twist updo..see vid below for instruction..
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fleurzty#p/u/26/N_RNXKEUXUU

Im going to do this style on an old wash an go or braid out... i hardly ever wear twist... we'll see how that goes.:yep:

Thanks for your support and HHS

Attachments

• DSC00385.jpg
    DSC00385.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00386.jpg
    DSC00386.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00384.jpg
    DSC00384.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00381.jpg
    DSC00381.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 41
This is my pomp and cinnabun attempt#1. I didnt like the cinnabuns honestly:ohwell:.
I took them down and just wore the back open (I guess this is my personal touch :grin:). I really like it this way... I think this is going to be one of my go to styles now...its really easy an perfect for when S.O suddenly decides he wants to go out :spinning:

Also, the style of the week is this twist updo..see vid below for instruction..
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fleurzty#p/u/26/N_RNXKEUXUU

Im going to do this style on an old wash an go or braid out... i hardly ever wear twist... we'll see how that goes.:yep:

Thanks for your support and HHS
:hiya: Hey, you guys!!! I'm finally available to be actively involved in this thread now. I was SOOOOO jealous I couldn't do any of the styles. They looked REALLY good.

For the style of the week, do you think I could do this even though I have relaxed hair?

For those with relaxed hair, I suggest braiding your hair and when you are ready for a change from the updo, you can wear a braid-out.

Ok,sorry I've been out of commission. Ive been super busy and haven't even logged in. I'm back on it and will post pics. Wanna try the cinnamon and need to do tuck ad roll

Thanks for the video! I have relaxed hair, too and I didn't know how I was gonna do this week's style being relaxed and all. :ohwell:

Hey Cia, I'm doing the updo style on a old braid out or wash an go...maybe you can do the same... or you can try it with your straight hair and see what you can create...:yep: My hair is texturized and lovegymnasts is natural and I love to see how the same style looks on both of us!!!!

Hi Ladies,

This is the updo on an old braid-out. Im not sure how I feel about it:perplexed... it was really really difficult..i had to try this over an over an over:ohwell:... this was my final result... its ok:look:.. maybe for a wedding or something...I dont think I will be tryin it again anytime soon...:lol:

picture.php

picture.php

Yes see all those flyaways!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Is this challenge still active? I loved looking at the styles and how they came out on different of heads of hair.

Last edited:
Aww! I was slacking off, not checking lhcf for weeks! I just came on & ran in here. Do u guys want to.start it up again? I promise to be check on a regular

Back