"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

I'm in :look: and late

I washed and DCd my hair yesterday. I cornrowed my hair and left out the front inch of the hairline. I intend to wig it up until the week before Christmas (14wks). Crossing my fingers that I'll be APL by then.

Doing a garlic treatment right now on my plaits..lol..will co wash then amla oil pre poo, moisture DC and re plait..

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE

checking in ive been wearing my wig and hats faithfully right now my hair is in 2 pigtails with my megatek in and of coruse my hat is still on.

Just checkin in. I'm still bunning but I'm starting to get bored :ohwell:. I've been going back and forth with myself (and DBF) about getting a wig (I'm scared it will fall off).:look:

Just checkin in. I'm still bunning but I'm starting to get bored :ohwell:. I've been going back and forth with myself (and DBF) about getting a wig (I'm scared it will fall off).:look:

Most wigs have lil combs in them or a strap. Or you could also pt bobby pins in just in case HTH

Update: I removed my Kinky weave tues and did an Aphogee 2 step treatment With and overnight DC (TJ condish, honey, coconut oil & Lekair Cholesterol). I blow dried my hair on cool setting and wore a bun wed

I had very minimal shedding and my hair retained all length and then some :) im glad im doing this Im more than positive now that my hair will be APL by the end of the year which is super cool!!!

Earlier today I installed a 12" straight weave with sensational Goddess remy hair. im may only leave this in till thanksgiving.

This weekend is my Bday so I can add pic updates then of the install.

ppg0069--> Have a great B-day and party it up!!! :)

Checking in--Wash day is tomorrow and I plan on using my new Chagrin Valley Aryuvedic shampoo bar and I'll deep condition! Yea. Back in twist otherwise.

Checking In!
I've been bunning everyday since my last check in.
But I bought a flat iron, and of course I had to try it out....what if it was broken? :look:
So I used it, along with one of my heat passes. *hangs head*

The good news is that my hair came out okay ( a little dry, but okay), I can actually feel my scalp without fighting through my new growth, and I won't be doing it again for a good minute. :grin:

Last edited:
Well I'm using my heat pass and I got my hair straightened at the salon today. It's not really sleek or shiny and It's too big to lay down properly so I guess I need way more length before I can straighten again. Even presses do this so I guess I have to be MBL or something before I get enough weight on my hair. It's grown though I need my ends trimmed I'm going to wait until I twist my hair for that. Already I want to wash it and try my hand at an out curly style. All the college girls around me do that as opposed to PS so I'm sorely tempted. Though it never ends well for me. I'll stick it out though...

Checking in:
Been in braids since Oct 18th. Took hair out the other day to wash and DC. Went and got hair braided today in cornrows, so I'll be in braids till the New Year:yep:

-My protective style of choice is braids
-I will PS for Nov and Dec
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every two weeks.

May I join??

-My protective style of choice is buns
-I will PS for Nov and Dec
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every 2 weeks

umm, so i've had braids in and was changing to twists last night when i noticed breakage :(. i haven't used heat in almost a year, don't brush, and try to be gentle! i don't know why the breakage always comes. :( i've even been moisturizing every day. i usually wear a scarf, and when i don't, i'm using my satin pillowcase. maybe i'm anemic or need to drink more water.

Pre-poo'd with EV coconut oil

Poo'd with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (first time using it)

DC'd with AOWC, TJNS, and Coco oil

Cornrowed hair, set the front on perm rods

Back under the half wig I go!

I'm in a wig now ladies.. I'm gonna rock this out until around xmas.. Its a long straight style with a bang. I had to cut it though it was I bit too long.. London girl by freetress..

Soooo I have to give an update on my last update. I installed a straight weave wednesday night. I really missed my hair so I removed the the weave last night and put in kinky twist with my natural hair.

I really like them this is the first time I am seeing some length so that pleases me and most important my scalp feels free!!! I plan to keep these in for a week or two and then wear a twistout for a day. I will update on where my hair takes me from there.

I wore my ends out for the 3rd time on saturday. I hope I get some growth from this, but my hair has been splitting and knotting really bad. I prob need more protein and lots more moisture.

Just took my cornrows out after 4 weeks to shampoo and DC. Washed/blowdried hair, in a bun and will go from a bun to braids until the end of the year.

Lol I've totatlly forgot to do updates. Well ladies, looks like I'll have to drop out of the challenge. I cut my hair from 2-3 inches past shoulder length hair to an inch below chin in front & neck length in the back. Can't really do buns. I can pin it up some sort of way. Or do a bantu knot out. I did one yesterday & it came out so beautiful. So maybe I can stay after all (: BC in late December!

Still bunning, although I have a birthday party to attend today, so I roller set some bangs in the front. No heat, just slept in the three rollers.

Back