"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

You are too kind, Exubah! Thank you!! :wiggle:

Checking in guys, wiggin it up. And today I was super bad because I had the nerve to be deep conditioning under my wig! Yup.... what? :lol:

Checking in. Took the twists down. They sucked. Thankfully my cousin is back in town so I can get them redone as soon as I get the hair. I am about to do a weave until I can order it. At least I know I can do a sew in by myself.

Checking In

I am still bunning. I am getting rather bored:perplexed , but I am going to hold out until my trip in November. I will be rocking a Twist-N-Curl for about 3 days of my trip and then will return to the bun. I think the Twist-N-Curl may be a protective style, but the definitions I have found seem to be conflicting.:wallbash: I will not consider it one for the challenge because it does not hide my ends.

I also will be getting my ends trimmed in the next couple of weeks. I hope that the trim helps with the growth as well!:yep:

hope everyone's doing great!!
update on me: as i thought, i took out that sew-in. i just couldn't take it anymore. i think i'm about to wash,twist, and probably wear a twistout updo for a while-still protective and very cute.

Another check in:

I did impromptu twists after having dutch braids/french braids in my hair for a week. They only took 2 hours to put in. I did them w/o washing so maybe I should cut that out now. My hair is hanging more and is not looking so hedge like. My front though is kinda sparse from some cornrolls I got back in may but maybe this challenge will help fix that. I'm just loving these twists now I just hope that I can get the roots moisterised consistently because I always seem to have that problem.

checking in

Been bunning everyday. Used my heat pass to do my BTK but have been air drying and bunning since then. I also cut about 1 1/2 inches of my hair. I'm trying to get rid of my layers and the last of my split ends.

Yesterday i took down my rows and clarified with V05 Kiwi and Lime conditioner, I added some lime juice to it. After that i did a pre poo of Amla Oil and EVOO for 2 hours. Pooed with Amla Poo then co washed with V05 moisture milks and did a protein treatment with egg and yogurt for 30mins.

Rinsed and combed through with more v05 moisture milks conditioner, rinsed, towel dried and overnighted with Lustrasilk Shea Butter and honey. This morning i added one tube V05 hot oil moist. treatment for 30mins, gently combed through and rinsed.

About to air dry in big plaits, moisturize with Amla Hair Food (very light, i luv) and seal with rice bran oil and EVCO then re cornrow.

I know this was intense treatment but i wanted to try a new regimen which i am willing to do one a month outside my regulare weekly regimen.

i wanted to add 100% real coconut cream to my DC, but the DH fell asleep before he could blend the coconut for me to extract the milk :(
Next time for sure.

Hope yall ladies are keeping up & keeping good

been in braids for 5 days now... still enjoying their easy upkeep...will redo this weekend if they're too fuzzy or next weekend if not

checking in - still wigging it. I've had some new growth since my BC. So the protective stylin is working most def.

still sporting my half wig. I made a slight adjustment to my braiding pattern to provide a better anchor for my wig.

I'll join since I'm doing this anyway:

-My protective style of choice is: Twists, Braids, and Buns
-I will PS for ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every two weeks.

I have no intention of using any heat at all.

This has to be the first challenge I've really stuck to! Been wearing my twists in a bun just about every day since September :yay:

picture.php
[/IMG]Checking in, I have had these braids in for a week now and I will be taking it down and doing a protein tx and dc and then doing a two strand twist. I received alot of compliments on my hair even a cute joke. my co-worker remined me I can not have nappy hair with a straight curlly hair scrunchie!!! HaHaHaHaHa!
picture.php

-My protective style of choice is WIGS!
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules Of Course
-I will update at least once every two weeks. Well I sure will try lol

I put my french braids back in on Sunday. Feels so nice not to be messing with my hair b/c I just put a wig on top. But I am ready to take them out and wash which I think I will do tomorrow and apply MN

MY Wigs and ponies have shipped!! , lol I should get them tomorrow per UPS tracking!

Can you all tell how excited I am??

Last edited:
Checking in! Im still wigging it, but I started wearing cornrows under my wig, covered with a satin wrap. So far so good, i'm still staying away from heat, I cowash twice a week with Suave coconut conditioner and deep condition with SE Moisturizing Treatment. I still do the Aphoghee 2 min once a week. I have noticed I have minimal shedding and no breakage! I apply JBCO every morning and night to my ends, nape and edges, and coconut oil throughout my hair. Still praying for good growth from now till the end of the year....

Still wigging it up. 9 weeks post and 7 more to go, I'm loving this, wigs are most definitely my new method of stretching until I reach at least APL where I can create nice buns and longer braidouts.

checking in-i've been doing various buns/updos on twistouts-it's pretty fun and cute.
today i'm wearing a ballerina style bun.

Ok so I have been expeirencing some dryness and breakage, and I also realized that I am 9 weeks post. Im on the way out to buy some porosity control and I will be getting a relaxer sunday.

Im also going to start getting my friend to cornroll my hair while wearing my half wigs.

Back