LHCF Stylin' School challenge

Hey Ladies

:welcome3: to the LHCF Stylin School Challenge!!!

The style we will be practicing next week 6-12 Feb is the................................. :superbanana:Southern Tease Bun:superbanana:.

Below are 2 tutorials you can use to guide you. I decided to start off with a pretty simple style because I want us to get accustomed to following a video step by step (I dont usually do this and I didnt want to take it for granted that everyone else is accustomed to this).

I know many of you have probably done this bun before but just use it as opportunity to accessorize it. Dress it up a lil, maybe make it a lil messy.. im sure you will come up with sumtin. I have been lurking on this forum for awhile now and I have honestly never attempted this bun. So im excited, it looks like a great go-to style.

Remember we are here to support and help each other so feel free to ask questions etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2UM9aeBOwQ
YouTube - maneandchic "The Southern Tease"

:dance7::thewave:

Thanks everyone for joining and HAPPY STYLIN' !!!!!
P.S Dont forget to take pics!!!

:thatsall:

I'll participate. I need to spice it up a bit. I've been going back and forth between messy bun and roller sets for 6+ months.

I'm on my own personal 52 weeks of styles challenge (on week 21), so I hope you ladies enjoy this challenge as much as I am! I will lurk cause this sounds like a good place for new styling ideas.

I'm on my own personal 52 weeks of styles challenge (on week 21), so I hope you ladies enjoy this challenge as much as I am! I will lurk cause this sounds like a good place for new styling ideas.

That's great!! How is it going for you... maybe you can come in an give us some pointers... Im really bad at styling lol.... I look homeless when its supposed to come out cute:lachen:What have you tried so far? how has the ppl. around you reacted. I know when I do style my hair (rarely) my co-workers an family act like they aint never seen me before. :yep:

That's great!! How is it going for you... maybe you can come in an give us some pointers... Im really bad at styling lol.... I look homeless when its supposed to come out cute:lachen:What have you tried so far? how has the ppl. around you reacted. I know when I do style my hair (rarely) my co-workers an family act like they aint never seen me before. :yep:

:lachen:Its going great so far, it has forced me to think about creating and maintaining the style and ensuring that my hair thrives all at the same time. Plus, i am enjoying my hair again. They are not all protective styles, but so far:

High Bun
Pin Curl Set
Hair Stick Styles
Up-Do
Bantu Knot-Out
Fun with Knots
Twist Out
Double French Braid
Cornrow Braid Out
Braided Bun
Flexi8 Styels
Roller Set
Curly MoHawk
Bun
Faux Bob
French Braid
Up-Do 2
Southerntease bun
Satin Strips Braid Out
Chinablk Braid Out
EZ Comb Styles

Its been fun so far, and I realized that I have learned a lot of ways to style my hair without the use of heat.

:lachen:Its going great so far, it has forced me to think about creating and maintaining the style and ensuring that my hair thrives all at the same time. Plus, i am enjoying my hair again. They are not all protective styles, but so far:

High Bun
Pin Curl Set
Hair Stick Styles
Up-Do
Bantu Knot-Out
Fun with Knots
Twist Out
Double French Braid
Cornrow Braid Out
Braided Bun
Flexi8 Styels
Roller Set
Curly MoHawk
Bun
Faux Bob
French Braid
Up-Do 2
Southerntease bun
Satin Strips Braid Out
Chinablk Braid Out
EZ Comb Styles

Its been fun so far, and I realized that I have learned a lot of ways to style my hair without the use of heat.

Nice I've watched most of those vids.... didnt realise it was you...hehe
Alota great styles..I'll definately be using some for this challenge... ur really good at styling...

Nice I've watched most of those vids.... didnt realise it was you...hehe
Alota great styles..I'll definately be using some for this challenge... ur really good at styling...

Thank you! I will probably try some you post as well :yep:

Just dropping in to say :wavey:

I've been getting my big earrings together to wear with the protective styles. Dont yall think updos and buns look soo much better with some banging earrings?

Im so excited!! :woohoo2:

Today my hair is in another ratty looking bun with frizzies all over :hair: next week is gona be great!!

Can I join? I can't style my hair to save my life and I need practice. I did the Southern Tease Bun today and did some pictures too.

bun2.JPG

bun1.JPG

Just dropping in to say :wavey:

I've been getting my big earrings together to wear with the protective styles. Dont yall think updos and buns look soo much better with some banging earrings?

Oh yes, definitely. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They up the glam factor tenfold. :kiss3: My flashy earrings game is nonexistent...

Oh yes, definitely. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They up the glam factor tenfold. :kiss3: My flashy earrings game is nonexistent...

Lol girl.... I have some there.... nothing beats hoops right.. What is it about the new year that makes you wana increase ur swagger?? :lachen:

I need to buy cute hair accessories ASAP!!

Me too... Im not exactly sure what kind of accessories I like as yet doh.... im not sure about the flower thing.... i like hair sticks and weird looking clips... Im really excited doh.... i kinda wana switch up my appearance this year a little...it probably sounds kinda silly doh 'my hair is styled and im fabulous:gorgeous:':lachen:

Great Challenge OP. I will be lurking for now.
RE: the Southern Tease bun. Am I the ONLY one who ends up with the hair at the bottom of the bun (nape area) looking rough as strands start to come out of the bun (say 1 hr after I style the hair, especially when my hair has rubbed off on my collar). It just ends up looking 'un-neat.'

Great Challenge OP. I will be lurking for now.
RE: the Southern Tease bun. Am I the ONLY one who ends up with the hair at the bottom of the bun (nape area) looking rough as strands start to come out of the bun (say 1 hr after I style the hair, especially when my hair has rubbed off on my collar). It just ends up looking 'un-neat.'

Im not sure...havent tried it yet... will be doing it next week... will let you know but 'un-neat' hair is not uncommon for me..lol:lol:

My attempt

The Back
Photo1944.jpg

The Front
Photo1938.jpg

:wow:You did a great job, it looks really neat. What is that you held it up with? A hair stick? Your hair is in twist or cornrows? Is it a side bun? or does it just look that way in the pic?

Nice job chica!!

Thank you
It is in twists and held with a hair stick.
It's not a side bun although it could be a little off to the side. This is the first time I have done it.

Attempt #2 (multiple times this morning)
For the life of me, I could not get the hairsticks to work again so I used a mini claw clip.
I guess the first time was dumb luck.

Photo1954.jpg

Photo1970.jpg

Attempt #2 (multiple times this morning)
For the life of me, I could not get the hairsticks to work again so I used a mini claw clip.
I guess the first time was dumb luck.

Photo1954.jpg

Photo1970.jpg
So pretty! I have never been able to make my twists do this. I am so working on it now! Thanks for sharing.

Good job lovely!! I think we can say that you have officially got this style down.

I will post my pics tonight and post the new style for next week!!

LovelyGymnasts your bun looks wonderful.

I am feeling intimidated and overwhelmed just thinking about trying some of these. :sad:

Hi Ladies,

This is my first attempt of the southern tease bun. I did it on an old braid out. I dont think I did it right..... its feels a bit slack:ohwell:... or maybe im just accustomed to tight hair bands. Felt like my hair was going to come loose any minute.

Ill try again tomorrow.... :yep:

Attachments

• DSC00299.JPG
    DSC00299.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00297.jpg
    DSC00297.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00292.jpg
    DSC00292.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00300.jpg