Overheard on the train

naturalmanenyc

On my way back from an appointment yesterday I overheard this couple discussing his gift. He looked like a teddy bear with a bubble coat on and micro braids poking from under a winter hat with a ball on top, despite the hot weather yesterday.

Him: Let me see my *ish. It's no MF secret, let me see it.
Her: Okay, here.
Him: (taking a video game from her shopping bag)....Yeah, that's my ish.
Her: Why did you want another game. You've got a ton of video games.
Him: I always get the new video games when they come out, no matter who I'm with, she better get my ish. Every year I get my ish.
:perplexed

I don't know if it was a birthday gift or early Christmas gift but it's apparently an annual thing for him. She was cooing all over him like he was a baby or something. It reminded me of my cousin who was always coming home for Christmas with bags and bags of gifts from several different women, none of whom he'd claim as his girlfriend.

That's a$$ backwards. That's why it's so hard for good women to find a good normal gentleman. These basic women are out there spoiling them.

I don't give men gifts unless I get one.

Odd convo there, but it she choses to spend her money on buying games for this guy; I'm like whatever.I've also learned we all have a different outlook of what a good man is. Maybe to her this guy is a good catch...lol

I buy my man gifts occasionally and don't expect anything in return. In reference to the comment above.

On my way back from an appointment yesterday I overheard this couple discussing his gift. He looked like a teddy bear with a bubble coat on and micro braids poking from under a winter hat with a ball on top, despite the hot weather yesterday.

Him: Let me see my *ish. It's no MF secret, let me see it.
Her: Okay, here.
Him: (taking a video game from her shopping bag)....Yeah, that's my ish.
Her: Why did you want another game. You've got a ton of video games.
Him: I always get the new video games when they come out, no matter who I'm with, she better get my ish. Every year I get my ish.
:perplexed

I don't know if it was a birthday gift or early Christmas gift but it's apparently an annual thing for him. She was cooing all over him like he was a baby or something. It reminded me of my cousin who was always coming home for Christmas with bags and bags of gifts from several different women, none of whom he'd claim as his girlfriend.

WTF @ the bolded. Im tooo disgusted!

He looked like a teddy bear with a bubble coat on and micro braids poking from under a winter hat with a ball on top, despite the hot weather yesterday.

I have nothing to add except that description made me spit out my food! I am literally in hysterics...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

He looked like a teddy bear with a bubble coat on and micro braids poking from under a winter hat with a ball on top, despite the hot weather yesterday.

I have nothing to add except that description made me spit out my food! I am literally in hysterics...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I thought OP was describing the gift!!

wait....so is the issue the gift or the conversation?

for me it's the conversation.

I love giving gifts, especially small ones that I know will be greatly appreciated. A friend of mine came over when he was visiting from out of state and he ate and loved my Trader Joes Praline Pecans, so I sent a bag to his job, out of the blue. He was very happy, which made me happy.

Odd convo there, but it she choses to spend her money on buying games for this guy; I'm like whatever.I've also learned we all have a different outlook of what a good man is. Maybe to her this guy is a good catch...lol

I buy my man gifts occasionally and don't expect anything in return. In reference to the comment above.

men talk to you like dude in the OP?

Forget the gift mess

why is he talking to her like that? Pretty much I can take or leave YOU, just gimme my game

Just gross. who's raising these girls naturalmanenyc..I read that convo and my mouth twisted up like IT. Yuck

men talk to you like dude in the OP?

Forget the gift mess

why is he talking to her like that? Pretty much I can take or leave YOU, just gimme my game

Just gross. who's raising these girls naturalmanenyc..I read that convo and my mouth twisted up like IT. Yuck

That's what I'm saying! I wish a ninja would come out his mouth to me like that.

FelaShrine

I had to step away from them. I was only on the train for a few stops but the way he was talking to her and the way she cooed over him like it was cool made me cringe. I get it that some people talk to one another like that but WOW!:perplexed

My guess is that they had to be about 18 or 19... please... let them be kids. That way, she has time to learn (maybe :look:)

DarkJoy

I'd guess no more than 22 years old based on her mannerisms and language. Him, I don't know. 28? But he could have been an old player with those micro braids and bubble coat.

FelaShrine

They got on at Wall St in Manhattan but they were on the Express to Brooklyn, green line.
I was just thinking this sound like some bk hood ish crap

I can't with these dudes out here but i be damned if any one talked to me like that. After he said what he said that game would have been back at store. Could have used that money on hair products for myself…...please

This is so funny now because the guy that I'm dating(I guess) asked me if I wanted to exchange Christmas gift. I said sure. Lol. And I told him I have expensive taste. Lmao

Back