what would you do?

I can't believe folks are justifying the gift-wrapped iced tea.

IMO what a man does for you on V-day says something about how they feel about you and/or the relationship.

If he really is cheap or low on cash, a box of chocolates from CVS, a single rose, and a card would have been better than some gift-wrapped iced tea. And some cold behind dinner? So he couldn't time the ish right to have something piping hot for you?

I'ono man.

I came home and told him I was dissapointed. He apologized.,.and said he made an effort and he will do better...He was like I just got you flowers for your birthday a month ago...I didn't want to do the same thing. He said he gave me back the card..because he buys most of his shoes from Ross or marshalls TRANSLATION. HE IS A Cheap. Then he was like I could buy a hat or shirt or something. I'll keep it. Although he apologized....if he don't improve in the love , affection, romance...etc. His time may be up soon. SMH

I'm sorry but this made me :lachen::lachen::lachen:

He's wrong for that...

Just ran the OP past my hubby. He said, "Is he on crack? He returned the Foot Locker gift card? She needs to give him her foot!"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using LHCF

I would give him the VD gift he gave me back to him and use that Foot Locker card on myself...(Ungreatful Jerk)

But,me myself I love food/drink gifts lol (Greedy)

Ain't no way in hayle. I was just telling my DD this earlier today, women make too many excuses for these men while they are just dating. Imagine if you actually married this guy and had kids.

Can you picture you married with kids, one of the way. He got ya'll splitting a happy meal, while he eats the fries. Baby no. Cheap men are cheap in all other ways as well and you're way to pretty for that.

Now if he just didn't have the funds...I'm sorry but no. It's V-Day he should have planned to have the funds, there's no excuse.

OP, I know your pain. I once got a rubrics cube and runts candy for Valentine's Day. At that point, we had been dating for close to 2 years. I would have rather had a pretty card and a teddy bear.

OP, I know your pain. I once got a rubrics cube and runts candy for Valentine's Day. At that point, we had been dating for close to 2 years. I would have rather had a pretty card and a teddy bear.

I'm sorry, Runts made me laugh! I used to LOVE that candy!

OP, I think you should just have the convo with him. Don't leave him after one sorry gift. Men are trainable. My hubs got me a mattress for my birthday and a desk with a lamp for Christmas one year... We had that talk and now it's MK watches etc... See where his mind is at with gifts. My hubs thought he did a great job with that mattress! If everything else is good in the relationship keep him around girl!

Just wanted to give you all an update. I finally just got the courage to leave him a note and let him know to start looking at alternative living situations. I can't take it no more. Thanks for all of your advice, and I have been givin all the clarity in the world. I can do better!

Just wanted to give you all an update. I finally just got the courage to leave him a note and let him know to start looking at alternative living situations. I can't take it no more. Thanks for all of your advice, and I have been givin all the clarity in the world. I can do better!

Why didn't you talk to him? A note is an easy way out. Maybe he just didn't know about what you would consider a good gift. Just e careful bc you can get with someone that gives good gifts, but is an ******* all around.

No I overlooked valentines but more stuff happened I would rather not discuss. All dealing with the same issues cheap Ness, not wanting to take me out...he just treated me like a room mate and not a girlfriend.etc.

Good for you pretty lady. If I were you, I wouldn't regret the experience either. You've learnt something important. I'm happy for you!

Why didn't you talk to him? A note is an easy way out. Maybe he just didn't know about what you would consider a good gift. Just e careful bc you can get with someone that gives good gifts, but is an ******* all around.

Hey, at least she made a decision. Maybe a note wasn't all that easy either?

Anyway....good for you OP. Your intuition will never fail you :)

He is just......cheap. There is nothing wrong with that BUT if you prefer generosity he is not the man for you. What is wrong is if you stay with a cheap man knowing it runs you the wrong way. My ex was CHEAP he cant even poop a penny out of his arse lol I realized he was also mean as hell. I coudnt deal with that so I did break up with him because yes cheap men are a deal breaker for me.

Back