Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Thanks... that helps so much!

You are like one of the sweetest ladies on this forum! There are others but I won't call them out right now! :grin::look:

:kiss: Thank you mshottienelson.

Man! ............now I really have to behave myself...:rolleyes: Oh welllll.... :lachen:

Has anyone used the megatek shampoo and conditioner? has anyone thought of using it. I want to join the challenge but I need a good poo and con and I was wondering if using the MT poo and con was a good idea?

Has anyone used the megatek shampoo and conditioner? has anyone thought of using it. I want to join the challenge but I need a good poo and con and I was wondering if using the MT poo and con was a good idea?

I love the conditioner - I think it's a perfect moisturizing match to the MT - it's fabulous! Smells a little strongly of baby powder, :lol: but other than that, it's about perfect.

Thanks justkiya I am just trying to figure out what to get before ordering today

Justkiya let me ask this do you think it is necessary to ge tthe poo and con becuase my bill with all three items is 68.00 and I am not trying to hear that! LOL But if it is worth it I will.

I can't tell you about the poo, because I don't use shampoo - but I definitely think that the conditioner is worth it. :lick: It's luscious. :yep:

Shoot! I am going to break down and get it... I guess this is trial and error and in order for me to find out I have to use it! Thanks girl:spinning:

Good Luck ladies!!! I think I will start mines in October. I plan to order Mega Tek

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a million times but that other thread is too long to sift thru. i bought some oct this morning bc my hair grows at a slow pace. 1/4 a month which equates to only 3 inches a year. that sux!!! so i saw that justkiya grows slowly like me but since she started mt she's averaging 3/4 a month. that is awesome. so i jus want to know the pace ur hair grew compared to after using oct or mt. i know everyone will not get the same results bc everyone is different but i would love to hear a/b the ladies who grow at a pace like me but their growth has accelerated twice or even three times as fast... TIA

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a million times but that other thread is too long to sift thru. i bought some oct this morning bc my hair grows at a slow pace. 1/4 a month which equates to only 3 inches a year. that sux!!! so i saw that justkiya grows slowly like me but since she started mt she's averaging 3/4 a month. that is awesome. so i jus want to know the pace ur hair grew compared to after using oct or mt. i know everyone will not get the same results bc everyone is different but i would love to hear a/b the ladies who grow at a pace like me but their growth has accelerated twice or even three times as fast... TIA

I think I grew even slower than you. I would get my relaxer touch ups about every 7-9 weeks and whenever I would ask my hairstylist how much did my hair grew, he'd say about 1/4". What?! :huh:

Since I have NEVER measured my growth (it was what it was) I really can't say. However, with Ovation, my hair does grow about 3/4" to 1" in 4 weeks and I can tell because I have the pictures now to prove it.

I am so relieved that the thread was not closed due to some mad drama:drunk:

So, I just joined c:drunk:ouple of days ago. I have MT and slowly I am getting enough info to get started.

Is it true that MT is more for thickness and OCT for growth?
If this is true then I will need to get my hands on OCT, I sure don't need more thickness or else I will have an excuse to order me some Mizani butter blends.:ohwell:
Bumping.............

One of my cousins has cornrows and it works just fine for her. BEWARE.....the braids get loose pretty fast...:yep: :lachen: Your hair is growing faster, that's why. :yep:

Thanks 4 the advice Shimmie, im looking forward to starting!

Ladies, I feel so sad. As I'm reading all of the questions in this thread that I don't have answers to. I feel so limited because all I truly have is my personal experience, what I've researched and that of my family and friends who are also using these products.

You'd be surprised at the non-LHCF members using these products. It's a very hot email topic with my family and girlfriends and I. Each day we are learning more from each other. :yep: The same applies to here. I'm always learning from each of you. :love2:

Regarding the questions and concerns about rinsing the hair:

I know it's hard to wash our hair each day. I can't always do so either. :nono:

I've done a lot of research on Hair Re-growth products and the procedures. And the first step in every product is: "Apply to a clean scalp." for better absorption. Some say, to avoid interference from other products.

Ladies... I UNDERSTAND! I apologize for not being mindful of those of you who have beautiful hair styles that they do not want to get wet or ruin.

All I can wear is a loose bun. My hair doesn't hold a style, it never did; it won't even hold braids :sad: and I envy those who have this advantage over me. I cannot perm my hair, it will break and fall out; and I cannot use heat, it dries and breaks my ends too badly. This is why I couldn't see the challenges that others may have. And I'm so sorry for not seeing this.

So for me it means having to get my glutes out of bed extra early, or going to bed a little later just to have a 'clean scalp'. :lol: When I truly want to do this. :sleep2:

Anyway, whoever I can help, I'm here. :love3: I wish each and everyone of you to have the best success ever with your hair journey. Find your own regimine that works for you. I'm almost there. :lol:

I'm always open for something new; it's a woman's perogative. Yes??? :lol:

I don't ever want to be 'locked' in to one method or product when something better may be available. I'm still growing, not just my hair.

I love you, Beautiful Ladies. Thank you for being such a loving part of my life. :heart2:
You are a very sweet lady, Shimmie:hug2:.

So, I just joined c:drunk:ouple of days ago. I have MT and slowly I am getting enough info to get started.

If this is true then I will need to get my hands on OCT, I sure don't need more thickness or else I will have an excuse to order me some Mizani butter blends.:ohwell:

Based on the results of many ladies, it seems like MT increases thickness rapidly, and growth increases, but a little slower, while OCT increases length rapidly, but thickness a little slower.
There is also thought that the increased thickness conceals the extent of the growth with the MT.

If you don't want to get any thicker, though, OCT might be best for you.....

I think I grew even slower than you. I would get my relaxer touch ups about every 7-9 weeks and whenever I would ask my hairstylist how much did my hair grew, he'd say about 1/4". What?! :huh:

Since I have NEVER measured my growth (it was what it was) I really can't say. However, with Ovation, my hair does grow about 3/4" to 1" in 4 weeks and I can tell because I have the pictures now to prove it.

thanx so much. this really gives me hope. i would really love that type of growth. that would mean a possible foot of hair a year!!! :drunk:

Based on the results of many ladies, it seems like MT increases thickness rapidly, and growth increases, but a little slower, while OCT increases length rapidly, but thickness a little slower.
There is also thought that the increased thickness conceals the extent of the growth with the MT.

hmmm, I will have to look into buying some OCT then:ohwell:

It looks like OCT might be the best bet for me also, because my hair is already too thick in its natural state. But MT is cheaper though. I'm still so undecided on which one to get. :wallbash:

You are a very sweet lady, Shimmie:hug2:.

Yes she is! :yay:
Tlhank you Lovelies.... :kiss:

May your hair grow 3 inches while you sleep tonight :sleeping: - :yep: At least 3 inches by Tuesday, November 4 --- Election Day for President Obama.

And.......... another 5 inches by The Obama's Innaugeral Ball on January 20, 2009.

Just say :amen: :yep:

May your hair grow 3 inches while you sleep tonight :sleeping: - :yep: At least 3 inches by Tuesday, November 4 --- Election Day for President Obama.

And.......... another 5 inches by The Obama's Innaugeral Ball on January 20, 2009.

AMEN! :grin:

If you believe, you will achieve.:grin:

shoot i just recieved my mt. my hair is crazy thick already i wanted length. Oh well. ill try it.

shoot i just recieved my mt. my hair is crazy thick already i wanted length. Oh well. ill try it.
You'll still get length :yep: You'll just get it with a 'bonus'. :woot:

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Hi Beauti:

This is a new journey for you and your hair and it's a HUGE change. We will help you make this change for the better. :yep:

I used to pre-oil my scalp and also added oil to the Ovation and Mega Tek, but I stopped and started using the product 'straight'. I also started rinsing the product from my hair after an hour or so; definitely the next day before re-applying more product.

I don't have all the answers, :nono:, I never will, but I can share my experiences with you and I hope this helps you.

First --- Limit applying the Mega Tek to 3 times a week. (Your hair will still grow :yep:).

Try to Condition Wash your hair first using your favorite hair conditioner.

Rinse it out and then apply the Mega Tek (straight) to your scalp.

After an hour or so, rinse out the Mega Tek (it's strong enough to be effective for an hour) and condition your hair again. Put on a plastic cap for about 30 minutes to an hour; Rinse and place into your favorite protective style.

Between Mega Tek Days, give your hair a DC treatment. Use your favorite conditioner...but no protein.

If you want to add a little oil to your DC hair conditioner (Castor Oil, or Jamaican Black Castor Oil, or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil), that will help with moisturizing. Stay away from heat.

I hope this works for you. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning with these products. Many lessons I learned the hard way. I stopped adding other products to the Mega Tek and my Ovation because it was 'diluting' the product. I wanted to have the full benefit of them as they were. I stopped leaving it in as much, because it caused my hair to shed and it was a little dry.

Okay, let's Recap: Limit apply Mega Tek to 3 times a week.

1. Condition Wash Your Hair (Use your Favorite Hair Conditioner);
2. Rinse out Hair Conditioner
3. Apply Mega Tek (or Ovation Cell Therapy) to scalp (straight...no oil for full effect of product).
4. After at least one hour or longer if you wish, rinse your hair of the Mega Tek (or Ovation)
5. Re-condition your hair with your favorite hair conditioner; adding a little oil to the hair conditioner for extra moisture. (Use Castor Oil or Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Jojoba or Emu Oil).
6. Cover hair in plastic cap; leave on for at least 30 minutes to an hour or overnight.
7. Rinse out and place hair in protective style.
8. Between Mega Tek days, DC your hair with your favorite conditioner but no protein.
9. No heat. :nono:

This is only until your hair rehydrates than you can minimize the extra work.

Again, I sure hope this helps. The one thing I've learned is that with these protein products, I have to keep my hair conditioned.

For an extra treat, Treat yourself to a Kiya Fizzie - The KF Solution (Just Kiya's Wonderful Hair Softening Creation :up:).

Once a week, just add a little sea salt to your hair conditioner. Your hair will be soft as silk. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt to a huge handfull of conditioner and apply to hair and fall in love :love4:.

r u serious?! this seems like far too much work. another thread just said to apply mt to your scalp as many times as u'd like and to wash out once a week, and lots of ladies have testified that they applied mt daily and washed out once a week. so if ur saying we need a clean scalp to apply why would we only co wash instead of shampooing? and if people are leaving it on all day and only washing once a week, why are u saying we should only apply after we co wash and then rinse after an hour only to dc again???? please let me know how to correctly use this cuz no one else said n-e-thing about protein overload and my head is spinning :drunk: thanx in advance.

say what?? :perplexed Are you for real? And I just ordered more MT! :blush::rolleyes::wallbash: I want length; I already have mad thickness.

Oh ye of little fath. Don't worry we may have some drama yet. :lachen:

Please refer to my siggy and notice the pix and date. MT is perfect for both thickness and growth. I think they may work the same but in reverse, based on what I have read. MT-thickness first and length 2nd. OCT-Length 1st then thickness 2nd. If someone could REPOST the links of the ingredients of both.

Please, please go over the links listed at the beginning of the thread to help you as a guide. At your leisure, it is truely an education. They can actually be fun. Also if you could change your settings to show more posts per page it will go a lot faster. I went through both of the old threads and I feel very knowlegeable. I'm still learning but with more confidence. :yep:

Good luck and happy growing! :grin:

:kiss: Thank you EMJazzy. As for the no-poo product, I think it is WEN....:yep:

I just don't have all of the answers to help everyone; I wish that I did. :blush3: This why we need each other all the more.

You're doing a great job Shimmie.

Shimmie/Nice and Wavy? anyone else who wants to weigh-in,
I need thickness and length, I am recovering from illness. I have both OCT and MT. Any recommendations on how to use both at the time?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back