Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. '08

oh ok! but see the thing is I dongt plan on washing out. I plan on using MT daily and wash my hair once a week but regarding breakage...I have doubts because how would it cause breakage if only used on the scalp ? anyhow what ill do to see how my scalp feels with castor oil on it. I will start applying it before i get my MT and if I feel my scalp gets mad build up ill skip that stepor replace the oil and use water instead.

I was under the impression that people were using the oil if they were not going to wash it out right away. Ovation is made to be washed out so if you want to just apply it nightly the oil helps to make sure there is no protein overload and then breakage

correct me if I am wrong someone!

Re: Ovation Cell Therarpy/Mega-Tek Challenge Sept. 08

Is it because mt dries out ur hair that u pre oil because I just apply it directly to my scalp tried to pm but can't for some reason my product is mt
Hi Beauti:

This is a new journey for you and your hair and it's a HUGE change. We will help you make this change for the better. :yep:

I used to pre-oil my scalp and also added oil to the Ovation and Mega Tek, but I stopped and started using the product 'straight'. I also started rinsing the product from my hair after an hour or so; definitely the next day before re-applying more product.

I don't have all the answers, :nono:, I never will, but I can share my experiences with you and I hope this helps you.

First --- Limit applying the Mega Tek to 3 times a week. (Your hair will still grow :yep:).

Try to Condition Wash your hair first using your favorite hair conditioner.

Rinse it out and then apply the Mega Tek (straight) to your scalp.

After an hour or so, rinse out the Mega Tek (it's strong enough to be effective for an hour) and condition your hair again. Put on a plastic cap for about 30 minutes to an hour; Rinse and place into your favorite protective style.

Between Mega Tek Days, give your hair a DC treatment. Use your favorite conditioner...but no protein.

If you want to add a little oil to your DC hair conditioner (Castor Oil, or Jamaican Black Castor Oil, or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil), that will help with moisturizing. Stay away from heat.

I hope this works for you. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning with these products. Many lessons I learned the hard way. I stopped adding other products to the Mega Tek and my Ovation because it was 'diluting' the product. I wanted to have the full benefit of them as they were. I stopped leaving it in as much, because it caused my hair to shed and it was a little dry.

Okay, let's Recap: Limit apply Mega Tek to 3 times a week.

1. Condition Wash Your Hair (Use your Favorite Hair Conditioner);
2. Rinse out Hair Conditioner
3. Apply Mega Tek (or Ovation Cell Therapy) to scalp (straight...no oil for full effect of product).
4. After at least one hour or longer if you wish, rinse your hair of the Mega Tek (or Ovation)
5. Re-condition your hair with your favorite hair conditioner; adding a little oil to the hair conditioner for extra moisture. (Use Castor Oil or Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Jojoba or Emu Oil).
6. Cover hair in plastic cap; leave on for at least 30 minutes to an hour or overnight.
7. Rinse out and place hair in protective style.
8. Between Mega Tek days, DC your hair with your favorite conditioner but no protein.
9. No heat. :nono:

This is only until your hair rehydrates than you can minimize the extra work.

Again, I sure hope this helps. The one thing I've learned is that with these protein products, I have to keep my hair conditioned.

For an extra treat, Treat yourself to a Kiya Fizzie - The KF Solution (Just Kiya's Wonderful Hair Softening Creation :up:).

Once a week, just add a little sea salt to your hair conditioner. Your hair will be soft as silk. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt to a huge handfull of conditioner and apply to hair and fall in love :love4:.

I have a question. I just got a wash n set yesterday and this morning when I took it down it looked so thin that I squeezed some gro aut oil on my scalp and massaged upside down to get a fuller affect. I ordered my mt this Monday but it still hasn't arrived. When it gets here do I still have to wash my scalp or can I go over it with some astringent and a qtip. Then apply the mt? I'm trying to avoid washing so much cuz I dont want knots or breaking. And the instructions posted said wash once a week or leave overnight and wash the next day. Im confused:sad: also my moisturizer is carefree curl now umma have to stop using it cuz it has protein and I shouldn't overload? :wallbash:

I was under the impression that people were using the oil if they were not going to wash it out right away. Ovation is made to be washed out so if you want to just apply it nightly the oil helps to make sure there is no protein overload and then breakage

correct me if I am wrong someone!
I was doing just that, applying the oil to my scalp and also added to both the Ovation and the Mega Tek, just so that I could leave it on overnight. But I stopped. The oil was actually 'blocking' the absorption of the product on my scalp and it was diluting the product when mixed.

I then stopped with the oils, and started using the products straight, BUT I rinsed them out. The results are in my pictures. That's my only testimony of the effect of the changes I made. I don't even use the product everyday, many weeks are less than others that I use them.

I didn't rinse before, and my hair suffered with the shedding and drying, Even though we are applying the product to our scalps, it Still gets into our hair, there's no way to avoid it, especially when we are massaging our scalps with it.

Less is best with these products, it really is. :yep: I learned the hard way. We don't need all of these add ins and add ons for these products to work. It's too much being put into our hair. Way too much; especially if someone has a perm.

The Garlic Oil hair treatments (once a week), Rinsing the OCT/MT products, using them less;more frequent conditioner washes, my hair took off after my June update pictures.

I'm just sharing my experience. Angels, I learned the hard way these past 7 months with these products. I hope this helps someone from making the mistakes I made from my own impatience. :giveheart:

Hugs and blessings...

I have a question. I just got a wash n set yesterday and this morning when I took it down it looked so thin that I squeezed some gro aut oil on my scalp and massaged upside down to get a fuller affect. I ordered my mt this Monday but it still hasn't arrived. When it gets here do I still have to wash my scalp or can I go over it with some astringent and a qtip. Then apply the mt? I'm trying to avoid washing so much cuz I dont want knots or breaking. And the instructions posted said wash once a week or leave overnight and wash the next day. Im confused:sad: also my moisturizer is carefree curl now umma have to stop using it cuz it has protein and I shouldn't overload? :wallbash:
Don't be confused and I apologize for this. :giveheart:

The objective is not to create or allow a product build up on your scalp. Think about it for a few moments. Imagine the build up and how it prevents the subsequent applications from being effective. Your scalp becomes blocked AND ...... it's too much protein to stay on your head.

The astringent is a little drying, because of the alcohol content...???

Some of the other ladies here know of a non-poo product. I just can't remember what it is? Can someone reading this help?

ALSO, I do not recommend using these products more than 3 times a week for beginners (even myself :lol:). Your hair WILL STILL GROW... Yes it will. :yep:

Because you are using another protein, make a gradual transition to the Mega Tek. Take it slow. Too much protein is not good.

But here, hope is not lost. We have the key ingredient here, 'prayer' and God never fails to show us what path is best. I'm praying with / for you now so that you will be able to have the best care for your hair. The very best. :pray: :yep: :giveheart:

Shimmie,
Great info. I stopped the mix last week and have been using MT straight. I can really tell the difference.

Thanks... that helps so much!

You are like one of the sweetest ladies on this forum! There are others but I won't call them out right now! :grin::look:

I was doing just that, applying the oil to my scalp and also added to both the Ovation and the Mega Tek, just so that I could leave it on overnight. But I stopped. The oil was actually 'blocking' the absorption of the product on my scalp and it was diluting the product when mixed.

I then stopped with the oils, and started using the products straight, BUT I rinsed them out. The results are in my pictures. That's my only testimony of the effect of the changes I made. I don't even use the product everyday, many weeks are less than others that I use them.

I didn't rinse before, and my hair suffered with the shedding and drying, Even though we are applying the product to our scalps, it Still gets into our hair, there's no way to avoid it, especially when we are massaging our scalps with it.

Less is best with these products, it really is. :yep: I learned the hard way. We don't need all of these add ins and add ons for these products to work. It's too much being put into our hair. Way too much; especially if someone has a perm.

The Garlic Oil hair treatments (once a week), Rinsing the OCT/MT products, using them less;more frequent conditioner washes, my hair took off after my June update pictures.

I'm just sharing my experience. Angels, I learned the hard way these past 7 months with these products. I hope this helps someone from making the mistakes I made from my own impatience. :giveheart:

Hugs and blessings...

I don't rinse out and I'm very happy with my growth. Since I'm relaxed, I can't rinse my hair everyday and restyle. Its just too much manipulation and heat. I'm happy using MT as a daily scalp treatment and washing it away twice a week.

Thank you DSD for this new thread, it has re-energized my interest in this challenge. I also use my MT straight. I'm a stickler for following directions, well sometimes. OH Joy!

I am so relieved that the thread was not closed due to some mad drama:drunk:

So, I just joined c:drunk:ouple of days ago. I have MT and slowly I am getting enough info to get started.

Is it true that MT is more for thickness and OCT for growth?
If this is true then I will need to get my hands on OCT, I sure don't need more thickness or else I will have an excuse to order me some Mizani butter blends.:ohwell:

I have a question and its probably been answered, but is anyone using the entire ovation system or just the cell therapy?

I have a question and its probably been answered, but is anyone using the entire ovation system or just the cell therapy?

I'm using the entire system, but when I use OCT, I rinse out. I also use MT, which I leave in. I wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week, deep conditioning once a week. Make sure you moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. This stuff is protein city.:yep:

Hey ladies i really want to start using mega tek, however i have a question. I plan to start wearing a wig as my protective style, can i apply the mt to my scalp thru my cornrows and leave overnite or does it not matter? Im worried that it wont rinse out plus i only want to redo my cornrows every two weeks- im lazy like that! TIA.

Hey DSD
I want to be apart of the challenge, can you take alook at my thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=278263
I have pictures of the products that I bought ,there were so many choose from.
Can a person include the Avocado mist and the Premier natural Botanical leave in conditioners apart of their routine? I only got a few response with that response someone posted a thread of other pictures of products.

Do you know how to do a good regimen with micro braids, corn rows or two strand -twists. Could you help me develop a better regimen, I think this is where I can get the best growth but I have a problem maintaining the length.

Before I would spray a leave in mix with essential oils and use base oil EVOO and massage my scalp. But my braids began getting very greasy. I want to avoid that road.
TIA

Shimmie I keep staring at your avatar and forgetting to respond....your hair in your siggie beautiful. :love:

Some of the other ladies here know of a non-poo product. I just can't remember what it is? Can someone reading this help?

Were you referring to WEN??

I don't rinse out and I'm very happy with my growth. Since I'm relaxed, I can't rinse my hair everyday and restyle. Its just too much manipulation and heat. I'm happy using MT as a daily scalp treatment and washing it away twice a week.

Okay, thanks for posting this. I was wondering if there's any place in this for people who can't wash their hair all the time. I might be able to do twice a week, which is twice as often as I'd ordinarily do, but no way can I do it 3+ times a week. When I was reading to apply to scalp 3 times a week and rinse out and then days in between to do other DCs, I just thought I'd be spending my whole life on my hair. But OCT doesn't require as much DCing as MT, right? I want my temples back the simplest way possible. but hmmm, maybe i can just use it on my temples. i could probably wash those at least 3 times a week.

Last edited:

How long does it usually take everyone to apply MT or OCT to their scalp?

How often do you apply?

It takes me about 7-10 minutes to apply it to my hair, and I apply it 5 days a week - I'm aiming for 6, though.

My MT is in a tub, and I just dab the tip of my finger into the MT, and massage that into the parts between my twists.

I don't add oil or pre-oil when using MT. :look:

I think that was just some people's personal preference. You don't have to do it.

ETA: Oooops, should have quoted the original question. Sorry, Kiya.

:lol: No worries! And exactly right - it's a personal preference as to how you use it and what you mix it with, and I think that it changes as people use the product and 'wander' for a bit before they find their 'perfect' place.

Okay, thanks for posting this. I was wondering if there's any place in this for people who can't wash their hair all the time. I might be able to do twice a week, which is twice as often as I'd ordinarily do, but no way can I do it 3+ times a week. When I was reading to apply to scalp 3 times a week and rinse out and then days in between to do other DCs, I just thought I'd be spending my whole life on my hair. But OCT doesn't require as much DCing as MT, right? I want my temples back the simplest way possible. but hmmm, maybe i can just use it on my temples. i could probably wash those at least 3 times a week.

:yep: I'm there with you - I can't put water on my head every day (both because of time and my styling options), and the only way I get away with the mid-week wetting is that I'm DC'ing it, not just rinsing my hair - that would lead to some sadly dried out hair for me. I've skipped the mid-week one, several times (:look:) and it's been okay, for me.

The main reason - esp. for naturals - the increased DC'ing is suggested is to insure that your moisture levels are ramped up to meet the demands of your hair, because of the additional protein that is being used. The less often you use MT/OCT, the less of an increase you'll have to do in your DC'ing, because the protein level isn't ramping up as swiftly, if that makes sense?

Honestly, if I was only using it 3 times a week, I most likely wouldn't bother with the mid-week DC - but I would have to give that a trial run before being certain that my hair was cool with it.

Last edited:

These threads are spreading like wildflowers. :lachen: I haven't resumed my OCT system yet because I relaxed my hair on 9/5. I will continue to apply to product to my scalp in about two weeks. I'm still enjoying my flat-iron and style from the salon. :grin::grin:

I'm in DC on a business trip and my MT was delivered this Wednesday. I can't wait to get home so I can use it.

I've been using the Ovation line since March 08 and I love it!

I just wanted to report that I have started shedding more than I normally shed and I haven't experienced this until now.

I am not getting nervous yet. I believe that the change of season is causing the shed. I've been reading that people typically have a shedding season and this is it for me I believe. I hope that the shedding is not related to the Ovation products.

However, thanks to you ladies, I have products I can use that help slow down the process. I just ordered the Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment with Garlic, Nutrine Garlic poo and conditioner and just started taking oderless garlic supplements (1000mg) today. Wish me luck!

I just wanted to report that I have started shedding more than I normally shed and I haven't experienced this until now.

I am not getting nervous yet. I believe that the change of season is causing the shed. I've been reading that people typically have a shedding season and this is it for me I believe. I hope that the shedding is not related to the Ovation products.

However, thanks to you ladies, I have products I can use that help slow down the process. I just ordered the Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment with Garlic, Nutrine Garlic poo and conditioner and just started taking oderless garlic supplements (1000mg) today. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Shimmie I keep staring at your avatar and forgetting to respond....your hair in your siggie beautiful. :love:

Were you referring to WEN??
:kiss: Thank you EMJazzy. As for the no-poo product, I think it is WEN....:yep:

I just don't have all of the answers to help everyone; I wish that I did. :blush3: This why we need each other all the more.

Sign me up. Ordered OCT system today. Although...I'll probably wait for October challenge...to post any thing.

Ladies, I feel so sad. As I'm reading all of the questions in this thread that I don't have answers to. I feel so limited because all I truly have is my personal experience, what I've researched and that of my family and friends who are also using these products.

You'd be surprised at the non-LHCF members using these products. It's a very hot email topic with my family and girlfriends and I. Each day we are learning more from each other. :yep: The same applies to here. I'm always learning from each of you. :love2:

Regarding the questions and concerns about rinsing the hair:

I know it's hard to wash our hair each day. I can't always do so either. :nono:

I've done a lot of research on Hair Re-growth products and the procedures. And the first step in every product is: "Apply to a clean scalp." for better absorption. Some say, to avoid interference from other products.

Ladies... I UNDERSTAND! I apologize for not being mindful of those of you who have beautiful hair styles that they do not want to get wet or ruin.

All I can wear is a loose bun. My hair doesn't hold a style, it never did; it won't even hold braids :sad: and I envy those who have this advantage over me. I cannot perm my hair, it will break and fall out; and I cannot use heat, it dries and breaks my ends too badly. This is why I couldn't see the challenges that others may have. And I'm so sorry for not seeing this.

So for me it means having to get my glutes out of bed extra early, or going to bed a little later just to have a 'clean scalp'. :lol: When I truly want to do this. :sleep2:

Anyway, whoever I can help, I'm here. :love3: I wish each and everyone of you to have the best success ever with your hair journey. Find your own regimine that works for you. I'm almost there. :lol:

I'm always open for something new; it's a woman's perogative. Yes??? :lol:

I don't ever want to be 'locked' in to one method or product when something better may be available. I'm still growing, not just my hair.

I love you, Beautiful Ladies. Thank you for being such a loving part of my life. :heart2:

Last edited:

Hi "Beautiful Evening Snow"..... I'm right here for you.

I had the 'shed's badly too. The garlic is AWESOME! If you can....condition wash. But Only if you can. It helped me a lot; it added more moisture to my hair and I hope it helps you too.

Hugs and blessings....

Hey ladies i really want to start using mega tek, however i have a question. I plan to start wearing a wig as my protective style, can i apply the mt to my scalp thru my cornrows and leave overnite or does it not matter? Im worried that it wont rinse out plus i only want to redo my cornrows every two weeks- im lazy like that! TIA.
One of my cousins has cornrows and it works just fine for her. BEWARE.....the braids get loose pretty fast...:yep: :lachen: Your hair is growing faster, that's why. :yep:

I've always had the entire system and I loved it, but I don't use it. I mainly use the Cell Therapy. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back