Open Relationships

Would you participate in an open relationship?

• Yes...but only if it's mutual

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • NO...over my dead body

Votes: 69 73.4%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters
I think any woman that agrees to an open relationship has low self esteem. Either that or she's a whore.

And any man that either asks for or forces an open relationship on a woman is an immature worthless fluck boy who isn't worth wasting time on anyway.

I don't think this is true.

I think this may be true of those who actually admit to putting an open label.on the relationship but there are a lot of people iin open relationships that simply don't call it that.

Being in denial about it is even worse, IMO. I have more respect for people who call a spade a spade.

It's not necessarily denial. I don't think open relationships are anything new under the sun. Dont ask dont tell has been sround much longer than open relationship titles. A lot of people talk about their grandmammy and grandpappy's everlasting relationship even though many were cheating arse whores at some point.

To me I think there's an element that I consider grown folks business. Everybody mind their business until it becomes your business. I think I officially know more cheating (current or former) husbands wives than faithful ones. And I know a lottttt of married people. Everything from newlyweds to in laws people are so shady.

It's not necessarily denial. I don't think open relationships are anything new under the sun. Dont ask dont tell has been sround much longer than open relationship titles. A lot of people talk about their grandmammy and grandpappy's everlasting relationship and half of the top he and she were cheating arse where's at some point.

In my opinion... sitting up there accepting praise for having such a long-lasting committed relationship when you know that's not the case is denial... any way you slice it. There's a very deliberate reason why it's unspoken.

Camille and Bill Cosby and all the older couples like them are in denial, IMO. They live in dream world's and they constantly lie to themselves and others.

In my opinion... sitting up there accepting praise for having such a long-lasting committed relationship when you know that's not the case is denial... any way you slice it. There's a very deliberate reason why it's unspoken.

Camille and Bill Cosby and all the older couples like them are in denial, IMO. They live in dream world's and they constantly lie to themselves and others.

So you don't like or respect Camille Cosby, Ruby Dee, Jada Pinkett or Tilda Swinton types?

So just aso an example, who has a respectable marriage in your opinion?

So you don't like or respect Camille Cosby, Ruby Dee, Jada Pinkett or Tilda Swinton types?

So just aso an example, who has a respectable marriage in your opinion?

It's not about me lol. If they are in open marriages... it's about their low self esteem and standards. For their husbands, it's about them being immature fluck boys who can't get their sh!t together.

I personally never would but I do know a married couple that has an open "with rules" marriage and as far as I know, their relationship is fine. They've been married for over 20 years and it has been an open relationship since the beginning.

This.

I think a lot of people simply won't discuss it. Its crazy how many people I've met that refuse to even go there as something to think about. I know cheating trifling inlaws who's spouse and kid refuse to acknowledge the obvious. I know kids who blackmail one parent. Others move on but refuse to divorce. People are crazy. So triflin:lachen:

And if I hear about another wife having a side girlfriend im.going to start assuming they all have one:lachen:

People are so damn bold. I feel like I'm not even an adult yet because I'd have a crazy reaction that would cause me to black out if I were in some folks situations. But hey, I respect it. :yep:

I think it depends on what BOTH people want in the relationship. Honesty and communication is especially critical in those types of relationships. I've done it because it made sense for that situation. Where I'm at in life and in my relationship it wouldn't work nor make sense.

And if I hear about another wife having a side girlfriend im.going to start assuming they all have one:lachen:
:eek: that common huh? I only know of 1 situation like that but I feel like the husband set himself up. It started with voyeuristic type stuff, then went to swinging, next thing he knew she was sleeping with men and women without him. He was her first so he exposed her to all this 50 shades type stuff and she :auto: on him.

Admittedly, my knowledge of dating terminology is obtuse, but what's the real difference between friends with benefits and an open relationship?

well, one is a friend that you just hump whenever the other is your partner, the person you are hopefully with to build longevity. You're not in a relationship with a friend, you just have relations.

:eek: that common huh? I only know of 1 situation like that but I feel like the husband set himself up. It started with voyeuristic type stuff, then went to swinging, next thing he knew she was sleeping with men and women without him. He was her first so he exposed her to all this 50 shades type stuff and she :auto: on him.

Hell yea it's common

You wouldn't believe the number of cheating wives with their side gfs on this board I used to meet back in the day when I used to be super gay. Yooo one second they be up in a marriage thread giving advice.then the next minute they in pm land talking bout strapping up with another married chick.

Don't get me started on all the emotionally unfaithful people that seem to be confused as to what they are doing.

I just find it hilarious thathe people have very definitive views on what works vs what doesnt. I understand indivual preference and what works for one's own relationship but I can't say is or isn't for others. People stay lyin. Lol

TUHInIQM4bXBS.gif

Last edited:
Hell yea it's common

You wouldn't believe the number of cheating wives with their side gfs on this board I used to meet back in the day when I used to be super gay. Yooo one second they be up in a marriage thread giving advice.then the next minute they in pm land talking bout strapping up with another married chick.

Don't get me started on all the emotionally unfaithful people that seem to be confused as to what they are doing.

I just find it hilarious that he people have very definitive views on what works vs what doesnt. I understand indivual preference and what works for one's own relationship but I can't say is or isn't for others. People stay lyin. Lol
Say wha.....but really nothing should surprise me. I know a married woman that takes trips with her boyfriend, and post them on FB saying shes OOT with this or that female friend. Anytime she says she with her bestie, but you dont see a pic of said bestie shes with her side boo, who is also married. They have been kicking longer than she has been with her husband. She is so bold I'm scared that when she gets busted her very sweet husband will kill her from the embarrassment.

Say wha.....but really nothing should surprise me. I know a married woman that takes trips with her boyfriend, and post them on FB saying shes OOT with this or that female friend. Anytime she says she with her bestie, but you dont see a pic of said bestie shes with her side boo, who is also married. They have been kicking longer than she has been with her husband. She is so bold I'm scared that when she gets busted her very sweet husband will kill her from the embarrassment.

Wow, how does she continually get away with that? Doesn't the husband ever ask to see pictures of the trips or ask the bestie(if he knows her) about things they did while they were away?

That is really risky. :nono:

Admittedly, my knowledge of dating terminology is obtuse, but what's the real difference between friends with benefits and an open relationship?
Friends with benefits usually applies to someone not in a relationship at all. Open relationships are one where one or both parties maintain extracurricular activities or extramarital affairs.

I couldn't do an open relationship. From experience, that doesn't work for me.

The most I would ever consider would be a triad, but even that would be closed, so nope.

Back