Votes: 34 25.2%
  • 1 inch a month\ .5 inch in two weeks

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • 1.5 inch a month or 3/4 an inch in two weeks

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • 2 inches a month or 1 inch in two weeks

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
I have an MTG update in my fotki. I definitely think I have more growth since using the MTG. I'm on week three now and when I did my last set of twists, I noticed my hair was noticeably thicker but soft and easy to manage, even in its dry state.

I use it twice weekly applying right after twists have been put in and then two days later. I haven't had any kind of adverse reaction and because I use an applicator tip bottle, there isn't drippage or the oil getting all over my hair.

http://public.fotki.com/semperfemme/natural_hair_pics/mtg-files--tracking/
password: nappy

i got mine at a feed shop down the street from my house...$13 - superb!!!! a lot of cute cowboys in there, too.
SO ot this is, but i just have to say that while i was in the feed shop, i saw the CUTEST little baby chicks and ducks! the chicks were $1.50 and the ducks, $3.50...today is my youngest's birthday, and i'm thinking "i should buy her a baby duck :D...she's all of 3, y'all...

my mom thinks i'm crazy...but she's in chicago so she's just bitter with cold...my hubby doesn't dig the idea, but i'm the one that'll wind up taking care of it anyway...

i'm gonna mix my mtg concoction tonight and see how it goes!

I have only been using it since October and since my hair is natural and curly, I cant tell the difference between my new growth and the hair that was there. I am also taking MSM which has changed the texture of my new growth, it's starting to lay down really nice as it pushes out of the scalp and then will wave or curl wtih the rest of my hair. I've tried measuring but with the hair being springy, it's just hard. So, in a few weeks I might blow it out to get a good accurate measurement. I'm not relaxing anytime soon so that wont be an option to tell the results. I hate the way it smells, what it's done to my pillows (which have now become my MTG pillows.. I gotta go buy some more, i'm all embarassed running through the house to hide my pillows when my friends all come over so nobody thinks i'm trife! :lol: MTG causin me some real social shame man! :lachen: I've always thought people who didn't clean their linens weekly and have fresh pillows were a bit trife and now I appear to be one of 'em.. that's just wrong.. so wrong.. anyways, it's still worth it!!! :ohwell: I am going to start making my own as soon as I finish this bottle. I think the sulphur is the most important thing. Besides, the oil makes my hair hard as crap that they put in there BUT it also has stopped my hair from breaking tremendously! Who woulda knew! So, I say stick with the MTG or make your own, either way, you probably cant loose!

Last edited:
from36to38 said:
i got mine at a feed shop down the street from my house...$13 - superb!!!! a lot of cute cowboys in there, too.
SO ot this is, but i just have to say that while i was in the feed shop, i saw the CUTEST little baby chicks and ducks! the chicks were $1.50 and the ducks, $3.50...today is my youngest's birthday, and i'm thinking "i should buy her a baby duck :D...she's all of 3, y'all...

my mom thinks i'm crazy...but she's in chicago so she's just bitter with cold...my hubby doesn't dig the idea, but i'm the one that'll wind up taking care of it anyway...

i'm gonna mix my mtg concoction tonight and see how it goes!

OMG! I used to have baby chicks when I was little! That brought back the most warm memory of my grandparents and being a child at their house! That was quite magical. We would get them at Easter! It was tradition but once they got too big, mom would give them back to grandma and we always had her fried chicken shortly thereafter! Hmmmm... :ohwell: ... :confused: ... :eek: Just made a connection! OMGosh, I needs to call my grandma, ask her what was up with that! She's gonna be weak! :lol:

belle_reveuse28 said:
I hate the way it smells, what it's done to my pillows (which have now become my MTG pillows.. I

i'm SO glad you mentioned this!!!! i have been banished to the opposite side of the bed with my "mtg pillows" now...:lachen:
i really think it's because i overused the eucalyptus eo...i smell more like vicks than bacon...the mtg smell went away when i woke up, but the menthol scent...EGADS!!!!! my pillow is officialy an outcast.

belle_reveuse28 said:
OMG! I used to have baby chicks when I was little! That brought back the most warm memory of my grandparents and being a child at their house! That was quite magical. We would get them at Easter! It was tradition but once they got too big, mom would give them back to grandma and we always had her fried chicken shortly thereafter! Hmmmm... :ohwell: ... :confused: ... :eek: Just made a connection! OMGosh, I needs to call my grandma, ask her what was up with that! She's gonna be weak! :lol:

oh my GOODNESS!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

thanks for that...i think i may break down and get the chicks...i don't like the taste of duck and it is entirely too greasy!:lol:

I will be 4 weeks post relaxer on Sunday. I have been using MTG twce a week after my wash since I relaxed. I now have an inch of new growth in some spots and my previously thinning temples/edges are like little afros.

Nuff said.

been using the mtg for 3 days...noticed not much but the new growth is not as hard...i did see that my scalp was really dry after washing, but i don't know if it was because of the mtg or the mnt, which is my first time using the mnt products...

I have been using it for 3 weeks now, and I definitely have thicker, tighter new growth. I am not sure if this means more growth than usual, though, but it seems that way.

lunalight7 said:
I will be 4 weeks post relaxer on Sunday. I have been using MTG twce a week after my wash since I relaxed. I now have an inch of new growth in some spots and my previously thinning temples/edges are like little afros.

Nuff said.
i have the exact experience you have...i am only 1 month post relaxer and i need another badly as i have entirely too much growth from my mtg/mn concoction.

I've been using MTG for exactly a month and I have got an inch of hair growth. I am pleased - but as soon as I get my other two inches to get to APL, I'm done as I can't stand it running down my neck after i've applied it. :mad:

ETA - correct spelling

I am back on this stuff in full effect. I'm 4 weeks post relaxer and never get any signs of NG till week 6-8. I've used it sparingly 3 time in the last 2 weeks and OMG i'm feeling ripple upon ripple of NG. I really doubt these braids will last 3 months this time around. I remember over a 4 month period of using it it doubled my hair growth

my 4 month growth period before MTG another 4 month growth period using MTG

FebJunehg-vi.jpg

I hear you. In my opinion there is NOTHING that gives the quick results that MTG does. I've tried all the vitamins, MN concoctions, yadda yadda yadda and they can't compare. I'm using Naturallady's odorless one on days that I don't wash but I'm still holding on to the original one and using it on wash days so the smell can dissipate overnight. Call it whatcha want.......MTG is the ish.

I've only been using MTG for a few days, so I keeping my fingers crossed... But, to help with the liquid from running down my neck and face, I use a sweat band around my head . Does the trick for me...:)

Hey ladies. I gotta question. I just ordered the big bottle of MTG and I also bought some peppermint and rosemary oil for the smell. I've heard that adding EO's can sometimes cut down the effectiveness of MTG for growth. Have any of you found this to be true?? Will just adding a few drops bother anything??

I had to stop using MTG for a while, becuase when I mixed it with the EO, and sprayed some of my Leave in on the tips, the combonation of the 3 ingredients, literally burned the back of my neck, like it seriously felt like my skin was on fire, and had scabs on the back on my neck, so I will be using MTG solo, 3 times a week, for the next few weeks at night, just to see if it really works, cause I didn't notice anything, but thickness. I am currently 4 weeks post relaxer, and haven't noticed any reall NG to speak of, so maybe this time around the MTG will do it's thing.

I would like to start using MTG original.

Can any of the UK ladies tell me where they order it from?

I can get the Mane n Tail easily in the UK, but it seems the shapleys MTG is the preferred choice amongst users and I cant seem to source it anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

I always add peppermint oil and rosemary to my MTG. It cuts down the smell drastically! I have not had any issues with getting less effects. I still get about and inch a month from it.

nikkivale said:
Hey ladies. I gotta question. I just ordered the big bottle of MTG and I also bought some peppermint and rosemary oil for the smell. I've heard that adding EO's can sometimes cut down the effectiveness of MTG for growth. Have any of you found this to be true?? Will just adding a few drops bother anything??

Treasure2k6 said:
I always add peppermint oil and rosemary to my MTG. It cuts down the smell drastically! I have not had any issues with getting less effects. I still get about and inch a month from it.

Thanks! Its really inspiring to hear about your growth. I already bought some rosemary and it really helps... still waiting on the peppermint in the mail.

i love this stuff... i was seeing NG 1 month post and i am usually straight at that point..... I am about 2 months post and it is starting to fill in nicely with NG. i may not stretch until June like i had thought... I may relax in April...

ladies i really think you can use mtg as a prepoo tx or hot oil tx before you wash. when i used mg, i used it 2-3x a week and had great progress. Im on a mt kick right now but am soo tempted to start using mtg again, for quicker results.
in my old fotki i have pics of what mtg did for me.
http://public.fotki.com/4mia/
i was not using mtg in my second fotki
http://members.fotki.com/4mia-round2/about/

p.s im thinking of soaking my nails in mtg nightly to see if it can help with growth too.

I really like this product I started using it when my edges started to thin out and I actually had a bare spot. I apply the mtg 3-4x/wk and saw I saw improvement after a while. I have recently decided to apply mtg throughout my entire scalp 1x daily and do scalp massages and see what happens. I am currently now two weeks post relaxer and definitely have new growth.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to apply mtg, I make sure the solution is mixed well and I pour a small amount into an old lid, I dip a qtip in the mtg and dab on my scalp.

thanks

I really like this product I started using it when my edges started to thin out and I actually had a bare spot. I apply the mtg 3-4x/wk and saw I saw improvement after a while. I have recently decided to apply mtg throughout my entire scalp 1x daily and do scalp massages and see what happens. I am currently now two weeks post relaxer and definitely have new growth.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to apply mtg, I make sure the solution is mixed well and I pour a small amount into an old lid, I dip a qtip in the mtg and dab on my scalp.

thanks

I use a color application bottle from Sally's. it has a spout which is very easy to use.

Back