How do you MTG?

How do you MTG?

• Straight MTG (no products mixed with the MTG)

Votes: 142 45.4%
  • MTG Mixed (one or more products mixed with MTG)

Votes: 122 39.0%
  • I apply MTG 1x/wk

Votes: 37 11.8%
  • I apply MTG more than 1x/wk

Votes: 169 54.0%

• Total voters
hello ladies, ive been (well just started) applying MTG straight in the rows of my cornrows, then the next day I do surge on the scalp and ends, and i skip a day to let it marinate, then i do it again
but i have a big question
do ya'll think doing it just in the rows of my cornrows is okay, b/c i don't want hair growing long here, and growing less long there you know?

EbonyPerez said:

do ya'll think doing it just in the rows of my cornrows is okay, b/c i don't want hair growing long here, and growing less long there you know?

When I was on my braidout kick...I would MTG in between the cornrows after braiding my hair sometimes...so I think you'll be fine.

To answer the OP sometimes I use it straight, but usually I'll mix it with my glover's, and sulfur 8 in this little plastic container that I keep a lid on...it's specifically for MTG...I tried to use a spray bottle, but it kept clogging up the nozzle, so now I just pour it into the containter and apply as if I'm greasing my scalp[with fingertips].

I do this at night...whenever I feel like it, or usually after reading about somebody gaining 5 inches in 2 days from using it[j/k]...lol...That's motivation!

I've been using it only about two weeks, but I apply it twice a week right after shampooing and letting my hair air dry. I don't mix it with anything because I don't mind the smell- it smells like the Glover's mane my mom use to put on my scalp! At first I was afraid to get it because everone kept saying it stinks so bad, but as soon as I opened the bottle it was like taking a trip down memory lane, lol.

For those of you with alopecia, do you just apply the MTG to your alopecia areas or to your whole head. I read on another forum lots of people just apply it to thin/bald areas and have seen lots of growth.

I'm using it straight...daily. So far so good. I haven't noticed any growth yet but my hair is in cornrows so it's hard to tell. Today makes day 5.

I usually apply MTG after my rollerset. I part my hair and apply with my fingers. Saturday I applied it to my wet hair before the rollerset (what a mess)..:lol: I prefer the dry hair method..:)

I've been putting MTG on after I airdry my hair. Mainly on the scalp through an applicator bottle with the pointed tip, its actually a mixture of mostly MTG with Surge 14, coconut oil, hot 6 oil, and peppermint oil. It makes the smell much more tolerable. I apply it pretty lightly and my scalp stays moist until I wash it out, every 3 days. So, 2x per week for me.

I use it once or twice a week. I have it mixed in my WGO bottle with a little WGO oil, MTG, peppermint oil and lavender oil. I wash my hair and put it and apply. I find it better this way because witht he WGO bottle I can apply it easily to my scalp. No more dandruff is the best thing I get from the product. I've seen a lot of growth too, I've been slacking with the picture taking though.

I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT A MONTH MOSTLY 2- 3 DAYS A WEEK. i AM ON A 2 WEEK STRAIGHT CHALLENGE RIGHT NOW WHERE I'M USING IT EVERYDAY UNTIL THE 20TH. 3 DAYS BEFORE MY RELAXER. I HAVE EXERIENCED QUICK NEWGROWTH AND MY NAPE IS FILLING IN.

I HAVE IT MIXED WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SURGE AND CAYENNE PEPPER AND ROSEMARY AND PEPPERMINT OIL. THE OILS CUT THE SMELL. I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE MY HAIR SMELLING LIKE FOOD UNLESS IT'S COCONUT OR FRUIT. I LOVE THE TINGLE I GET WITH MY MIX AND MY HUBBY SYAS HE LOVES MY PEPPERMINT HAIR.(HE-HE)

I HAVE IT IN A BOTTLE WITH A NOZZLE SO I HAVE CONTROL OF WHERE I WANT IT.

hi :( newbeeie here iam hopeing some body here can help me i started to use to mtg every day am pm and moisturizes 2 time aday and my hair is dry and sometime a little hard i use mango butter i t works some what but by the time it time for bed it bone dry:eek: i donot know what to do my hair is short so i have set it at night i have mix it with wild grow and i still with not stay moist i have a prem had a bad hair cut and prem from this lady so now it looks like it trying it grow now this:mad: i heard about wild growth because of u ladys sorry iam so long wind but i donot want to lose the the little hair igot lol thank for your time god biess

I wear my hair down. I mix MTG with shea butter and apply it to my scalp 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I apply it straight from a WGO bottle. It doesn't make my hair flat.

I was MTGing once a week, now I do it maybe 2X some weeks, but not like I have days of the week drawn out.

I use my MTG straight. Honestly, I personally don't think it smells about bad as people made it sound before I got it. I thought it was going to smell like straight poo-poo :lol:. It smells like Sulphur 8 to me; I mean it ain't rosey, but it ain't the worse thing I've ever smelled.

I also apply it at night so by the AM it much better.

Last edited:
My bottle just arrived yesterday afternoon and I tried it last night. The smell is alot like sulfur 8 with a tad of bacon. I don't mind that much but I think I over did it because I couldn't really sleep and kept waking up from that smell. I will try to apply less of it next time and use a shower cap and some head scarves. I definitely think its worth a try especially for my edges and damaged areas.

I just received my MTG and I plan to apply it straight weekly to see how my hair reacts. My question is if MTG is a leave-in that's washed out with your normal poos?

Do you apply it to dry hair? Does it make the hair greasy? Will it stain/soil pillowcases, sheets, etc.?

Thanks!

FAMUDva said:
I was MTGing once a week, now I do it maybe 2X some weeks, but not like I have days of the week drawn out.

I use my MTG straight. Honestly, I personally don't think it smells about bad as people made it sound before I got it. I thought it was going to smell like straight poo-poo :lol:. It smells like Sulphur 8 to me; I mean it ain't rosey, but it ain't the worse thing I've ever smelled.

I also apply it at night so by the AM it much better.

I agree....I was expecting it to smell horrible, but it smells like sulphur or Glover's mane......and no one (in the real world) has ever mentioned anything about the smell of it anyway. :ohwell: I really think it's the bandwagon effect of boards, one person says it stinks and everybody else starts saying the same......:ohwell:

delta_gyrl said:
I just received my MTG and I plan to apply it straight weekly to see how my hair reacts. My question is if MTG is a leave-in that's washed out with your normal poos?

Do you apply it to dry hair? Does it make the hair greasy? Will it stain/soil pillowcases, sheets, etc.?

Thanks!

Yes, you apply it on the scalp and just leave it until you wash.....it will make it greasy if you use a heavy hand, a little goes a long way. I find it's best if you get a bottle with an applicator tip, part the hair and apply it to the scalp then massage it in. I wear a satin bonnet to bed so I have never had any stained or soiled pillow cases. However, if you wear anything gold...like necklaces or earrings: BEWARE the sulfur in MTG will tarnish them if it gets on it so apply it lightly so it doesn't run all down your neck and get on your jewelry. ;)

amr501 said:
Yes, you apply it on the scalp and just leave it until you wash.....it will make it greasy if you use a heavy hand, a little goes a long way. I find it's best if you get a bottle with an applicator tip, part the hair and apply it to the scalp then massage it in. I wear a satin bonnet to bed so I have never had any stained or soiled pillow cases. However, if you wear anything gold...like necklaces or earrings: BEWARE the sulfur in MTG will tarnish them if it gets on it so apply it lightly so it doesn't run all down your neck and get on your jewelry. ;)

thanks so much. i'm hiding the bottle from dh because he already thinks i'm nutso for frequenting the site so much. he'd flip if he knew i was putting stuff for horses in my hair......
i noticed that it didn't really stink either. i thought maybe my nose wasn't working when i checked.:ohwell:

Lol, until recently i applied it every day!! Now i apply every other day, as and when my scalp needs it.

I use it unmixed for my scalp but after doing a bun, i spray some infusium, WGHO and MTG onto my hair (not the scalp).

This seems to work well for me cos my hair always looks shiny in the bun but isnt too greasy cos of the infusium.:cool:

I Always Use a shower cap and a scarf when going to bed.

Apart from more obvious reasons like staining bedding and pillows, i have a secret fear that if my face touches any of the oil on the sheets, i'll start sprouting serious facial hair.:eek:

MTG's too potent for me to even risk getting it on my face accidentally!!

4 to 5x a week. Straight up no chaser! The smell does not bother me. I think I will start using it in my daughter hair as well. My hair is cornrolled so I don't know how much new growth I have but I can tell it is more than normal!

How many inches a month in ng have you guys gained from using MTG? I just ordered mine. I'm getting a touch-up next month and am trying to get as much ng as possible before then. :D

Denim And Leather said:
How many inches a month in ng have you guys gained from using MTG? I just ordered mine. I'm getting a touch-up next month and am trying to get as much ng as possible before then. :D

Yaaaay D&L!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of MTG! :lol: Well on a good month, I can get anywhere from 1/2"-3/4" inch. On an "average" month I get 1/2". Now for some ppl this is typical, with or without growth aids. But believe you me, i was NOT getting 1/2" of growth regularly, prior to MTG. My growth rate was slow as molasses. :cool: But even better than growth, MTG thickened up my hair BIG TIME!!! After a few months of using it, the hair stylists at my salon started noticing and commenting, asking what i had done to get my hair so thick and full. They were used to me having thin, see-thru, over-processed hair. But MTG turned that ALL around. It also stopped dandruff and dry skin. I just love it! Its such a staple for me.

For those who MTG mixed with Surge, how much of each do you use? Also do you still experience a good amount of growth. I don't mind the MTG smell, but it makes my hair so greasy. I used to dab a little bit on my scalp two nights a week, but I stopped because by morning my hair was practically soaked in oil. I figure mixing it with surge will reduce this effect.

KiniKakes said:
Yaaaay D&L!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of MTG! :lol: Well on a good month, I can get anywhere from 1/2"-3/4" inch. On an "average" month I get 1/2". Now for some ppl this is typical, with or without growth aids. But believe you me, i was NOT getting 1/2" of growth regularly, prior to MTG. My growth rate was slow as molasses. :cool: But even better than growth, MTG thickened up my hair BIG TIME!!! After a few months of using it, the hair stylists at my salon started noticing and commenting, asking what i had done to get my hair so thick and full. They were used to me having thin, see-thru, over-processed hair. But MTG turned that ALL around. It also stopped dandruff and dry skin. I just love it! Its such a staple for me.

Wonderful, Kini! :D I'm so glad to hear that this has made your hair thicker. I'm still amazed at how much thicker your hair looks in your album, whoa!! :eek: Had I known my hair could become thicker, I would've started on the MTG a long time ago.

I just put MTG on right now, and the smell doesn't really bother me, I think I can get used to it. I can't wait to see how much thicker this will make my hair. :grin:

mahogany66 said:
I usually apply MTG after my rollerset. I part my hair and apply with my fingers. Saturday I applied it to my wet hair before the rollerset (what a mess)..:lol: I prefer the dry hair method..:)

hi I am new here and I am a little lost, all of you are talking about MTG and I dont know what it is. What does it do? and I am reading so many good things about phyto specific relaxer, I would like to try it. so I would appreciate any input and would love for you to enlighten me on these products. thanks!

Precious_1 said:
hi I am new here and I am a little lost, all of you are talking about MTG and I dont know what it is. What does it do? and I am reading so many good things about phyto specific relaxer, I would like to try it. so I would appreciate any input and would love for you to enlighten me on these products. thanks!

Do a search on here, you'll find loads of information on what MTG is, but in a nutshell, MTG stands for Mane Tail Growth, not to be confused with the MTG shampoos/conditioners that you buy in the supermarket or Walmarts. This MTG is an oil substance whose main ingredient is sulfur, and you can buy this in a pet store, or online. It's a product that is used for horses to grow the hair on their tails, but it also speeds up hair growth in humans. It was invented by a barber in the 1930's for humans, but was found to work very well in horses, so it's been marketed for horses since.

HTH! Welcome to the board, btw. :)

In my mix I put alma powder, mtg, MN and henna. I oil my scalp at nights. I began using this mix just recently

I made my own MTG mix and I apply it once a day. The first mix I made I used sulfur, castor oil, avacado oil, peppermint, and rosemary EO's. The second mix I switch up the incredients a little....I still used sulfur, peppermint & rosemary EO's, but I used a smaller amount of castor oil and added wondergro pure sulfur oil in the mix. My hair seems to be growing at a good pace but it grew faster with surge. The only problem with surge is that it made my scalp all flakey and my ears too.

I use MTG Straight with everywash or rinse...1-2x per week, almost every other day on hair line...I mixed sulfur into my WGO(tablespoon) this past weekend and My scalp is sore...which my grandmother always says it a sign that hair is growing. Anyway, I like this mix...It doesnt run like MTG and WGO makes the hair so soft. I will switch off every ohter day between the two for the ENTIRE winter.

Attachments

• lhcf.jpg
    lhcf.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 380
Back