Mega-Tek/OCT Challenge November 2008

They had a homemade garlic treatment on last months challenge using garlic powder and EVOO. I don't see it posted on here this month so I don't know if anything was wrong this method. Hopefully someone will chime in as I am curious also.

I just received my OCT on Saturday. I used it sparingly one time and my hair is shedding like crazy and itchy.

HTH

ive tried the garlic powder with jojoba, i did it once and that was enough. It has taken me 3 wks to stop smelling it in my hair! Its def nt 4 me. Im takin odourless garlic now.

ive tried the garlic powder with jojoba, i did it once and that was enough. It has taken me 3 wks to stop smelling it in my hair! Its def nt 4 me. Im takin odourless garlic now.

I tried the garlic power as well mix with oil and condition and I am still smelling it in my hair after two weeks never again , I used the garlic pills.

man my neice jacked me for a bottle of mega-tek...i thought i had lost my mind when i was cleaning my mini bss that i own (aka my bathroom counter) t hen my neice comes over and im looking at her hair like DANG it sure is looking lush...i thought maybe i was using way too much product on my hair...cuz things had been going quick this girl had been using my laptop and gettin on this site...being a lil lurker and her hair is growing....i think im gonna be a nice auntie and get her the OCT and Creme rinse..cuz shes itchin for that...(of course)..before it comes up M.I.A. and i have to kick her lil A.

but anywhom....so this has been week nbr two and i have a question...does OCT make your newgrowth kinda soft....or is it a mind thing..cuz mine isnt feeling as COARSE as it normally does

but anywhom....so this has been week nbr two and i have a question...does OCT make your newgrowth kinda soft....or is it a mind thing..cuz mine isnt feeling as COARSE as it normally does

OK, I'm not nutty. My new growth is softer. I thought my hair wasn't growing. I'm 6 weeks post texturizer and usually by week 4 my new growth feels rough. However, after I flat-ironed my hair yesterday, my roots regressed faster than the rest of my hair. My hair is looking a little "square" right now. If this softness continues I may not texturize again. My finger tips can easily rub my scalp without "tearing" through my new growth. I may have to join that Keep Your Hands Out of Your Hair Challenge. :yep:

Ok yall. :look: Does this stuff make your hair revert? There is no way my hair's growing this fast. I need to take pics. My crown is a hot fuzzy mess. My edges.... don't even get me started.:ohwell: I'm gaining thickness! YAY!

I'm still breaking some but it's alot better. I've rediscovered Mizani's Rose H2O..... but I'm still working on tweaking this. This is definitely something I have to co-wash with.

This is crazy! :spinning:

I'm gettin there! :yep:

Last edited:
Thanks. I have been so busy with work and school. I was a bit weirded out by the growth and remembered someone submitting apost about waking up with your goal length. I think this could be the product. This has done wonders for my hair. I am able to get a comb through it to detangle without losing much hair and all I do is apply my mix daily, moisturize my hair with water and carefree curl, seal with coconut oil, and apply my Fantasia gel to lay it down. I then keep it moving.

They had a homemade garlic treatment on last months challenge using garlic powder and EVOO. I don't see it posted on here this month so I don't know if anything was wrong this method. Hopefully someone will chime in as I am curious also.

I just received my OCT on Saturday. I used it sparingly one time and my hair is shedding like crazy and itchy.

HTH

I tried the garlic power as well mix with oil and condition and I am still smelling it in my hair after two weeks never again , I used the garlic pills.

hey ladies thanks for replying back. lol i do patient care, i can't have people smelling me.......i tried mt as a dc and my hair is still shedding:nono:. i'm really starting to lose hope :(

Found y'all *subscribing*

Hey girl!!! How you been? When are we gonna see some new pictures? :lachen:

:yep: A lot of ladies have definitely noticed that.....

Ok yall. :look: Does this stuff make your hair revert? There is no way my hair's growing this fast. I need to take pics. My crown is a hot fuzzy mess. My edges.... don't even get me started.:ohwell: I'm gaining thickness! YAY!

I'm still breaking some but it's alot better. I've rediscovered Mizani's Rose H2O..... but I'm still working on tweaking this. This is definitely something I have to co-wash with.

This is crazy! :spinning:

I'm gettin there! :yep:

:lol: Nah, it doesn't make your hair revert. :lol:

LOL girl I was like HOLD UP! WHAT IS THAT?!?! IS DAT NEW GROWF (yes I said growf) :lol:

I might have to keep on with the MT! :yep:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm only 5 weeks post and it's THICK up in there. If this keeps up I might be SL when I relax in December. I might have to purchase the gallon! :yep:

hey ladies thanks for replying back. lol i do patient care, i can't have people smelling me.......i tried mt as a dc and my hair is still shedding:nono:. i'm really starting to lose hope :(

Do you also use a creme rinse and moisturizing conditoner? I DC with MT and I must use those two to counteract the protein and dryness.

this is my first time using MT with my hair out(usually in some for of braids). How are you ladies styling your hair and still applying the MT to your scalp? Im trying not to manipulate my hair much but I have to take my bun down to apply with my applicator bottle and its become a hassle.

this is my first time using MT with my hair out(usually in some for of braids). How are you ladies styling your hair and still applying the MT to your scalp? Im trying not to manipulate my hair much but I have to take my bun down to apply with my applicator bottle and its become a hassle.

I'm in two strand twists - but you're relaxed, aren't you? Hrm, I don't know, then. Stretching too?

I won the October Mega Tek giveaway and I would like to join this challenge. The progress pics and testimonials speak for themselves for many of the members here who are using. Since I've begun use my nape which was really slow growing is starting to grow. I cornrow my hair and always had trouble catching "my kitchen". My fingers would cramp up on my by the time I get to this area. :lachen: I'm still struggling a little bit but it's coming along really well. I can grab a little more hair to complete the braid. I think this area has suffered a lot because of wig wear.

I also notice that since I began using the MT, I've been getting some serious itching and dryness so I'm starting back using the BT more regularly (every day instead of every other day) and I'm adding olive oil to my moisturizing spray. I can't wait til December big reveal!

So I get a message on my fokti commenting on my growth from using htese products for 5 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure how to take it. She wanted to know if the hair growth were human. Maybe I'm just tripping.
once again i diddnt mean anything bad by that.i was shocked at that much hair in 5 weeks.

*ahem* i couldnt hold it any longer so i did it. So y'all remember last week, i attempted to cut layers into my hair without washing it or anything? thanks to youtube the results look good. So today, i relaxed and FHI'ed .....i believe this is what i layered cut is supposed to be. Hair is back to APL but i dont care..it will grow.
before:
CIMG1379-vi.jpg

CIMG1380-vi.jpg

what i cut:
CIMG1413-1.jpg

after:
CIMG1429.jpg

CIMG1430.jpg

CIMG1427.jpg

Last edited:
*ahem* i couldnt hold it any longer so i did it. So y'all remember last week, i attempted to cut layers into my hair without washing it or anything? thanks to youtube the results look good. So today, i relaxed and FHI'ed .....i believe this is what i layered cut is supposed to be. Hair is back to APL but i dont care..it will grow.
before:

what i cut:

after:
CIMG1429.jpg

Nice!! You did that on yourself? That's so impressive! You have a link to the youtube? :lol:

Do you also use a creme rinse and moisturizing conditoner? I DC with MT and I must use those two to counteract the protein and dryness.

what's a creme rinse? for moisturizing conditioners i use vo5s' 2-3 week and ors replenshing paks weekly...its clear, i don't know what i'm doing....really about to give up. my hair is shedding like crazy. yesterday i apply the mt for 7-10mins after washing my hair and i had strands of hair every where. what regimen are you using? and whats a good moisturizing conditioner?

I won the October Mega Tek giveaway and I would like to join this challenge. The progress pics and testimonials speak for themselves for many of the members here who are using. Since I've begun use my nape which was really slow growing is starting to grow. I cornrow my hair and always had trouble catching "my kitchen". My fingers would cramp up on my by the time I get to this area. :lachen: I'm still struggling a little bit but it's coming along really well. I can grab a little more hair to complete the braid. I think this area has suffered a lot because of wig wear.

I also notice that since I began using the MT, I've been getting some serious itching and dryness so I'm starting back using the BT more regularly (every day instead of every other day) and I'm adding olive oil to my moisturizing spray. I can't wait til December big reveal!

misstee you have some great progress. can you please tell me your exact regimen when applying the mt? and what products are you using with it? tia

what's a creme rinse? for moisturizing conditioners i use vo5s' 2-3 week and ors replenshing paks weekly...its clear, i don't know what i'm doing....really about to give up. my hair is shedding like crazy. yesterday i apply the mt for 7-10mins after washing my hair and i had strands of hair every where. what regimen are you using? and whats a good moisturizing conditioner?

It sounds like you're experiencing protein overload.

Are you applying MT directly to your hair strands? My hair couldn't take it. It was entirely too much protein for me, so I apply only to the scalp. For a good moisturizing conditioner, I use Keracare Humecto or Mizani Moisturefuse. I DC with these. There is absolutely no protein in these conditioners.

ETA: Is your hair shedding or breaking? It sounds like breakage from what you described, which means your protein/moisture balance is off. You may have to lay off the MT for awhile till you get your hair back to optimal moisture levels and then add it back into your regimen. HTH.

Last edited:
Sunbasque you did a really good job cutting your hair! It looks so much fuller, yet you were still able to maintain a great deal of your length:grin:

Hi, newbie here. I would love to join this challenge. I am going to order MT or OCT this weekend. Which thread do I find regimines? From what I have read so far, it sounds like I am only supposed to apply this to my scalp. Should I use this as a leave-in conditioner or do you just apply for a couple of hours? I am confused because I saw that some people were using it daily, do they wash their hair daily? How often should you use it for maximum results?

Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions, but I wanted to make sure that I am doing things right.

Hi, newbie here. I would love to join this challenge. I am going to order MT or OCT this weekend. Which thread do I find regimines? From what I have read so far, it sounds like I am only supposed to apply this to my scalp. Should I use this as a leave-in conditioner or do you just apply for a couple of hours? I am confused because I saw that some people were using it daily, do they wash their hair daily? How often should you use it for maximum results?

Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions, but I wanted to make sure that I am doing things right.

I am using MT and OCT. I think MT is thicker and harder to spread; so, I use MT on the three days a week I wash/co-wash my hair. I only do rollersets so I put the MT on my scalp on the parts I make to put the rollers in. This is while my hair/scalp is still sopping wet.

The four days a week I don't wash/co-wash my hair I use OCT because it's lighter and spreads better IMHO. I rollerset my hair everynight before i go to bed. I, once again, put the OCT on my scalp at the parts I make for my rollers (only when I use OCT my hair is completely dry). I find putting it on my scalp as I am rollersetting my hair helps me to keep it off my hair and avoid protein overload.

Back