Long Hair=Prettier

I agree with alot of the posters that some women look better/or at least very good with short hair those with defined features.

i personally feel i look better with long hair although i do feel some short looks still look good on me also, mostly because i have those damn big cheeks .:ohwell: I think even women who can look good with short hair usually do not look BAD with long hair.

I knew a girl back in HS, very pretty DARK chocolate skin who had ear length hair but she still looked SOOO pretty to me, she would comment on my hair and say she thought i was pretty and wouldnt believe me when i told her i really felt like she was prettier, so i really think it depends on the person i dont think she would have been as beautiful with long hair because the short hair really brought out her features.

**edit, i also want to add to still look beautiful and stunning with short hair really says alot about how beautiful you are IMO.

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I think short hair is masculine and that very few women can pull it off. If you're one of the women who can without looking like a man, then more power to you!:lol:

I don't know that I feel prettier with longer hair, but I definitely feel very feminine and more confident.

MizAvalon said:
I'll be honest. I think short hair is masculine and that very few women can pull it off. If you're one of the women who can without looking like a man, then more power to you!:lol:

I don't know that I feel prettier with longer hair, but I definitely feel very feminine and more confident.

You know I don't know if society painted this picture for me (and really don't care) but when I see a women with short hair-where any part is shaved, I automatically gay. Now since soming to LHCF if I see a women with a TWA I think she must be going natural, but the gay rule in my head still pops up first.

I'm vain and insecure, so yes, I think long hair makes me look prettier.

I'll never forget...when in high school, I had BSL hair, but I nevere ever wore it down. My Mom says it's cuz I was 'trifling', but whatever. :look:

Anyway, on those rare occasions that I would wear it free and loose, negros and girls that never paid any attention to me before suddenly had toooo much to say to me.

"I didn't know you had all that hair!"

"You have all dem' bumps in yo face, but yo hair fiya."

"Girl, if I had all that hair I'd be gettin' my hair done every week!"

"If you have hair, why you be wearin' that ugly ass ponytail?"

Men was trying to holla left and right. It mostly disgusted me, and when I was younger, it secretly made up for my dangerously low self esteem.

Etc. I think that's when I conciously realized hair had power and it could make up for a lot of things. It shouldn't be that way, but truth is truth, eh? I've seen homely women who all of a sudden look beautiful with longer hair. It just emphasizes features in a better way.

Since coming here, I've realized that healthy hair emphasizes beauty, whether TWA or butt length.

You can't easily deny the sway of long hair.

ekomba said:
i think i like bald and ultra long, no middles

That's the way I feel too. Loved myself in super short styles since I was 14! A stylist asked why I never let it grow out and then I decided to try it!

I felt better (more attractive) with short hair and when my hair got past APL. In between was my least favorite.

LocksOfLuV said:
You know I don't know if society painted this picture for me (and really don't care) but when I see a women with short hair-where any part is shaved, I automatically gay. Now since soming to LHCF if I see a women with a TWA I think she must be going natural, but the gay rule in my head still pops up first.

OMG you sound like dh....I just told him and he was like, see, she's right! :lol:

Breezy- I like this thread!

When the Halle Berry hair-cut came out I rocked it for years and I received so many compliments on my short hair cut and beauty. Every time I mentioned growing out my hair people use to say no, don't do it...I can't picture you with long hair.

Well, I got tired of wearing my hair short so I decided to grow it out several years ago...and after my growth, I'm not going back to the short hair cut....IMO I believe I look more graceful, feminine, and PRETTIER with long hair!!!!

Last edited:
I actually love my hair really short, i find that i have alot more confidence with it short and get a lot of compliments (shaved on the sides and back). I really just want a change, I want to grow my hair out since I always get the urge to chop it off, so I really want to challenge myself and let my hair grow. I am sure i will look great that way also:) .

I feel prettiest when my hair is done. I do prefer myself in shorter looks, but once it starts to fall, so does my confidence about myself. I think that once I have longer hair, I won't have to worry about that because I can just bun it up or something.

breezy said:
This isn't about what men or family members think, but what do you think personally? Do you feel that you look better as your hair gets longer?

I personally don't think that I look any better with longer hair than I did with short cuts. I actually feel 'prettier' with a fresh new haircut. However, I enjoy the different things I can do with my hair at this length.

zzirvingj said:
I personally also feel like I look better/prettier with longer hair. Like other women have already stated, it makes me feel more feminine. I think that I would've had more confidence in myself when I had short hair if I would've known how to take care of it and style it better.

Having long hair, like another poster already stated, makes me want to dress a lil better and maybe put on a lil makeup or whatever. It's kind of like "wanting to complete the entire package". On many days I feel like the hair sets the standard that the rest of my body needs to uphold to LOL :lol:

I agree completely. Longer hair just looks better on me and I do feel more feminine with it. I think it's sexy. Also for me I look really young, it doesn't matter the style. I tend to look more my age with longer hair (Get tired of people always saying I thought you were 15! :grin:)

I have a big head and round fat cheeks. SHort hair doesn't look good on me. THe longer myhair gets the much better I look. I honestly think I look best with longer hair (atleast shoulder length) that is hanging down. I don't even like wearing all of my hair pulled back. I think my longer hair is easier to manage too, I couldn't put my hair in a ponytail when I first went natural.

I looked at past pics when my hair was longer. I seemed to look prettier and happier, lol! On me, I feel like the longer my hair gets the prettier I am. My Granny looks better with shorter hair, as did this white lady that was in front of me at the DMV (I saw her license with long hair, and her new one with the short cut). It varies person-to-person for sure!

dynamic1 said:
That's the way I feel too. Loved myself in super short styles since I was 14! A stylist asked why I never let it grow out and then I decided to try it!

I felt better (more attractive) with short hair and when my hair got past APL. In between was my least favorite.

I hear you girl!!!:D your hair is beautiful!!!!!wow i love the gigantic buns in your sig:eek: beauuuuuuuutiful!!!!!

Breezy, I love this thread.:D

Okay, this is vain, but we are on a hair board after all... I feel like a woman in a Botticelli painting when I band my hair and then take it loose, take off all of my clothes, sit on the bed and arrange my hair to cover myself.:p

I feel very beautiful and feminine with long hair.

I think there are some women that look pretty with long hair but they may not be so pretty with short hair.

For me personally, I think I can be pretty with short or long hair and I have been told that. I think long hair is sexier on me, but I don't really think my hair length changes my face at all and I am thankful for that.

For me, the style itself makes a difference - short or long. I feel pretty with my hair is down and styled nicely - short or long.

I used to sport a very pretty Halle style cut. It really brought out my facial features. I felt I looked very cute with it. But I personally feel more feminine and prettier with longer hair. Even if I just wear it at shoulder length. It is just a softer more womanly-confident feeling it gives me.

Softresses

I have always thought women with long hair were beautiful no matter how their face looked. I am one of those who have always seen hair as a crown of glory. I have seen women with short hair that are very pretty as well, but think you need a certain facial structure to pull it off well.

As for me...why am I on LHCF? I think I would look and feel more feminine with longer hair. I don't even like getting a tight roller set:lol: .

If that makes me a hair snob...oh well...I like long hair.

I think i look more sophisticated with super-short hair. Longer hair for me is just easier to maintain and offers a wider variety of change than short hair.

breezy said:
I'll look at other people w/ cute short cuts and think they look pretty and sophisticated...but I just look...blah, I think it's cuz my head is so big :lol:

lol i feel the same way :lol:

Ms Lala said:
I have a big head and round fat cheeks. SHort hair doesn't look good on me. THe longer myhair gets the much better I look. I honestly think I look best with longer hair (atleast shoulder length) that is hanging down. I don't even like wearing all of my hair pulled back. I think my longer hair is easier to manage too, I couldn't put my hair in a ponytail when I first went natural.

Me too, I have the chubbiest face and such a big head. I don't look right with shorter hair, the shortest my hair has been is about nape length in the back and I hated it on me. I have seen plenty of women with short styles that really compliment them, but I am not one of those women.

i think i'll look different, more "exotic", heck dare i say it: prettier. you're right about the whole package thing. my hair looking better gave more confidence cause hey if i can conquer my hair then i can do anything. I can't wait to have long hair cause i've never had it before.

Do you feel that you look better as your hair gets longer?

I believe long hair compliments me a lot better but I look good with short hair too. I don't like having short hair because my hair is too thick.

Some women look fabulous with short hair, but I need a little length to complement my features. When I was in college (read=thinner/younger), I had short hair and it looked pretty good. But now I think longer hair works better for me.:grin:

There are those women that can rock short hair. Then there are those that can't. I happen to be one of those that can't. Long hair compliments me and I think that the longer it gets the more it'll compliment me.:D

I think long hair is more feminine or at least that is what most people think. I like long hair and could never see me cutting my hair short unless I NEEDED to for some reason. And this one guy called me a Barbie when I had my real hair out. Whatever that means.

I think it depends. Personally, I look better with longer hair. It suits me. My hair has never been shorter than about an inch above my shoulders. Sometimes I am tempted to try short styles because they're so cute, but I don't have the face shape for it. Now, some other people look absolutely gorgeous with short hair - better than they look with long hair. Then you have those people I want to beat up because they can wear either and still look hot (Like my cousin Angie :hammer: ) JK :lol: Seriously though, I think it just depends on the person. Long hair is not for everyone and neither is short hair. And length is not necessarily a sign of health. (I have seen some busted long hair :barf: )

Last edited:
I think I look good with straight hair no matter what length versus natural. :( I also know I can rock just about any style or hair type. I like big hair no matter what texture but I have to put more effort in my outfits.:mad:

I look better with long hair than short hair, but I have seen those that look better with short hair. Someone like Hally Berry looks better with short hair, and also Jade Pinkett smith.

Back