Kimmaytube's Length Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow her hair has really grown, how does she keep her hair from shrinking so much?

maybe she changed her mind on the flat iron video

hair is more stretched out to show the length when it's wet, compared to it being straightened out to do so.

hell i can pull my hair down when it's loose to show someone my length and you still cant really see it because one, i wont pull that hard cause it hurts and two...i dont know it just doesnt seem to work that way lol

I feel like, well at least for my hair, if you just pull on it in its natural state, there is still some "kink," so even doing this will not demonstrate how long one's hair really is.

I'm not sure if that made sense.

I feel like, well at least for my hair, if you just pull on it in its natural state, there is still some "kink," so even doing this will not demonstrate how long one's hair really is.

I'm not sure if that made sense.

lol you just said the same thing i said in a different way.

yeah with my hair i can pull on it when it's loose and curly but you still cant see all of the length.

dripping wet hair you def see more length, do you mean if your hair is wet with some kinks still you wont be able to see all of the length?

Her hair looks good. Im not surprised that she reached WL so quickly because she is short. Once she straightens, I wonder if she going to trim ger hair to a blunt cut?

lol you just said the same thing i said in a different way.

yeah with my hair i can pull on it when it's loose and curly but you still cant see all of the length.

dripping wet hair you def see more length, do you mean if your hair is wet with some kinks still you wont be able to see all of the length?

I was more talking about how some people do those "informal" length checks by just physically stretching their natural hair in its dry state.

She's had some incredible growth in less than a year. Her hair is gorgeous. I'm curious to see how long it is after she flatirons. It looks like its past waist length (I like to call this length purgatory LOL) and she'll probably hit hip length by next Christmas.

beautiful!

i'm so jealous of her retention.*side eye* i don't retain that much in 2 years.:nono:

This woman knows a thing or two about hair, its growth and retention. I am impatiently waiting for the flatiron video. :ohwell:

Ummm, I wonder if she will do it herself.

Her hair is beautiful, and her retention is great.

That being said, if it comes out that she just may not want to flat-iron her hair then I don't blame her. I'm not against heat at all, but I'd hate for anyone to feel pressured into doing something to their hair that they may not want to do. Seeing hair that long being straightened adds extra awe factor, but with the way she's stretching it, you can see the length just fine.

Does anyone know if she trims her hair regularly?

ETA: Nevermind, after finish watching the video, I see that she actually does want to straighten her hair. I thought that people in general were suggesting that she straighten it, to which she said maybe, but was stalling on doing it.

Last edited:
i know a lot of what she says isn't novel to us on this board but i know there are some women who are in awe. daily moisture + low manipulation = length retention is an equation that many women have never mastered. heck, if i saw this video two years ago i would have been in awe. i can not count on one hand the number of type 4 naturals that i know IN PERSON with waist length hair. I'll give props where props is due. I respect her hair growth hustle if nothing else.

I really like her leave in recipe. When I see her length check videos I always think to myself I need to stop cutting my hair, but I get bored and I get the scissors.

I really like her leave in recipe. When I see her length check videos I always think to myself I need to stop cutting my hair, but I get bored and I get the scissors.
Her Leave in is hands down the best leave in I have found so far. Gives me the best twist/braid outs.

Her Leave in is hands down the best leave in I have found so far. Gives me the best twist/braid outs.

ITA. it is awesome!!! :lick: It's light, not greasy and leaves my hair moisturized. if she could concoct one that was a bit heavier then i wouldn't need to use Qhemet during the artic cold in New England during the winter months.

ITA. it is awesome!!! :lick: It's light, not greasy and leaves my hair moisturized. if she could concoct one that was a bit heavier then i wouldn't need to use Qhemet during the artic cold in New England during the winter months.

No one has to concoct it for you. You can do that on your own; just add more oils to it like EVOO or Avocado. Or better yet, get a handheld mixer and mix in like a tablespoon of some kind of butter (shea, avocado, mango, etc) to make a much thicker leave-in.

I just went ahead and subscribed to her Youtube Channel so that I could know exactly when her flat iron video comes out. It should be in a matter of days. She is very informative and a true inspiration to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back