JOICO!!!

Dommo

I have official switched my hair products to Joico. I've been using the shampoos and conditioners for the last 3 weeks and It's the absolute best!
I use the moisture recovery line and the K-pak line. Im also hooked on the K-Pak protect and shine serum:love2: Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has used the Daily Care Leave-in Detangler? Im am going away and I will be wearing my hair in a Wash-n-go once i hit the beach and a spray leave-in would be so convenient.

Does the Daily Care Leave-in Spray leave your hair feeling soft and moisturized?

Also, has anyone tried the K-pak liquid reconstructor leave-in and/or moisture recovery treatment balm? I purchased these also, but haven't tried them yet.

TIA:grin:

joico is great, I love their silk touch line, I haven't used it in a while but i really liked it when i used it. I also like their flat ironing spray the silk touch line though.

I have some of the joico k-pak products. I actually used the liquid reconstruct for the first time last night so it's too early for me to tell if it's good or not.

Bump!!!Bump!!!

Anyone? im leaving in 6 hours

I guess I will find out through trial and error:ohwell:

i love joico. i love the entire k pak line. the smoothing balm is my fave. serum/balm for flat ironing.

I haven't tried the leave-in yet, but I love Joico. I use the K-Pak line - the liquid reconstructor & daily conditioner. I just came from Tradesecret and they are having a sale on Joico, buy 1 get the other 1/2 off. :yep:

I just so happen to have their Silk Touch line and the Moisture Recovery in my stash. I'm on a use what you got challenge....:yep:

I think it will be good for my fine natural hair, I'm going to experiment with using it for a month and post my results here.

I love Joico so far. I notice the sulfates are drying out my scalp though, compared to when I stick to my Shescentit and ayurveda.

ETA: But the hair itself is more moisturized.

Woa! How did I miss this thread, I LOVE Joico. It makes my hair feel soooo moisturized. I have only used the Moisture Recovery line and the Kpak reconstructor. The MR balm is to die for and the shampoo is good also, it's not over drying at all. The regular conditioner is a bit thin but it has good slip it's just not as moisturizing as the balm, I need heavier conditioners for my 4b hair and the balm does it.

I would however like to try a Joico leave-in. I want to stick with the whole brand and if I could find a leave in that works just as good as Lacio Lacio I would be so happy. I am out of Lacio now and have resorted to using the lighter conditioner as a leave in, it works but I'd like to use one specifically made for leaving in.

ETA: I checked out Joico's site and I think I'm going to try the Daily Detangler and the Daily Moisturizer, I see Artemis likes the detangler anyone try the moisturizer?

Last edited:
Went to Ulta today and found out that the Joico daily moisturizer is not a leave in like I thought. They didn't have the Moisture Recovery styling cream so I just bought the Liquid Reconstructor. YIKES! That stuff is expensive!!!:blush:
I took it home and sprayed it on dry hair even though it says to use it on wet hair. I REALLY like it. I thought it was going to make my hair hard because it's protein but my hair is really soft. I wish I knew about this and the reconstructor a LONG time ago. I have decided to use the MR normal rinse out cond as my leave in for now.

I've only read reviews from Artemis about the liquid reconstructor, anyone else use it? Artemis, do you ever spray this on dry hair?

Thanks ladies!

Went to Ulta today and found out that the Joico daily moisturizer is not a leave in like I thought. They didn't have the Moisture Recovery styling cream so I just bought the Liquid Reconstructor. YIKES! That stuff is expensive!!!:blush:
I took it home and sprayed it on dry hair even though it says to use it on wet hair. I REALLY like it. I thought it was going to make my hair hard because it's protein but my hair is really soft. I wish I knew about this and the reconstructor a LONG time ago. I have decided to use the MR normal rinse out cond as my leave in for now.

I've only read reviews from Artemis about the liquid reconstructor, anyone else use it? Artemis, do you ever spray this on dry hair?

Thanks ladies!

Yeah, on my ends if they're feeling fragile after a moisture dc. Oh, and I got the MR Styling Cream from sleekhair.com. It's very moisturizing :lick:

Yeah, on my ends if they're feeling fragile after a moisture dc. Oh, and I got the MR Styling Cream from sleekhair.com. It's very moisturizing:lick:

Yes!! I was waiting to hear a review on this stuff! I thought maybe it was more of a gel type thing with some superficial moisture thrown in:lachen: BUT it is in the MR line. Sweet, I think I'll pick this up and I'm set. I feel like I finally have the perfect poo, cond, protein treatment AND now leave in (if it works for me-but Joico hasn't let me down so far).

Artemis,

I ordered the MR styling creme (apparently it hasn't made it's way to my local salons). Can you give me a little review of this product? I can't wait to try it. Did you apply it to wet and/or dry hair? Did you find it heavy or light on your hair and also did it keep your hair moisturized for days or did you have to reapply daily. I know what works for you may not work for me but I'd just like to hear some reviews and can't find any online because I think it's still too new. I know you said that it was very moisturizing and that got me, I especially need this for damp hair detangling. TIA!

Artemis,

I ordered the MR styling creme (apparently it hasn't made it's way to my local salons). Can you give me a little review of this product? I can't wait to try it. Did you apply it to wet and/or dry hair? Did you find it heavy or light on your hair and also did it keep your hair moisturized for days or did you have to reapply daily. I know what works for you may not work for me but I'd just like to hear some reviews and can't find any online because I think it's still too new. I know you said that it was very moisturizing and that got me, I especially need this for damp hair detangling. TIA!

I am intriqued by "styling creme" in general and buy them and never know how to use them, so I washed/dc'd my hair and towel-dried and gave this a go to see how it works. So I applied it after some Joico Detangler (hair is damp) and my hair was soft. Most SCs leave a slight stickiness in the hair but not this one. Then I proceeded to blow dry my hair with a paddle brush. Then I followed with Chi silk infusion and my solia flat iron. No dryness, stickiness or breakage.This is a good styling product to use if you blow dry at all (because blow dry can in some cases leave the hair dry), or I imagine it would make for a good air-dry. There is control to the product but it doesn't leave you stiff. And the smell :lick: I did only use it once (I have a ton of stuff to try right now :look:) but I do look forward to testing it out some more. I definitely want to try it on a rollerset since it's so moisturizing.

Does this help?

Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I have the entire MR line and the K-pak line so if you need any more reviews, lemme know :giggle:

Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I have the entire MR line and the K-pak line so if you need any more reviews, lemme know :giggle:

Thank you Artemis! Ok one more question about the styling creme, does it smell like the rest of the MR line because I just love that smell.

Ok you mentioned the detangler. This is what I'm after and I forgot I saw this at Ulta in the Daily Care line. I was going to attempt to use the styling creme to help moisturize AND detangle but maybe I can use this then the creme. Dentangler reviews please:grin: TIA again

ok, i just got back from my trip...All i have to say is that JOICO is here to stay!!!...I wore my hair curly(wash'n'go's) and used the k-pak shampoo and condition...I deep condtioned one day with the k-pak reconstructor and other days with the MR Balm which is the absolute best(my curls were really popping with this)....I mixed the balm with the leavin-detangler spray as my everyday leave-in...The leave-in detangler is very detangling and moisturizing but would be better for my rollersets because it is very light and the balm is great for my wash and go styles...I plan n getting the daily moisturizer:yep:

I am getting my a rollerset tomorrow so i will see how the daily leave-in detagler works with my my hair straight....

I haven't tried the leave-in yet, but I love Joico. I use the K-Pak line - the liquid reconstructor & daily conditioner. I just came from Tradesecret and they are having a sale on Joico, buy 1 get the other 1/2 off. :yep:

hey, is this sale still going on?

ok, i just got back from my trip...All i have to say is that JOICO is here to stay!!!...I wore my hair curly(wash'n'go's) and used the k-pak shampoo and condition...I deep condtioned one day with the k-pak reconstructor and other days with the MR Balm which is the absolute best(my curls were really popping with this)....I mixed the balm with the leavin-detangler spray as my everyday leave-in...The leave-in detangler is very detangling and moisturizing but would be better for my rollersets because it is very light and the balm is great for my wash and go styles...I plan n getting the daily moisturizer:yep:

I am getting my a rollerset tomorrow so i will see how the daily leave-in detagler works with my my hair straight....

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to try the detangler. I am returning the liquid reconstructor today and will pick up the detangler. I need something that will help make the comb glide through my hair and this sounds good. I did find reviews for it on Makeup Alley and some people were saying it left buildup on their hair but I wash often so that does not worry me.

I'm about to order some joico products, I promised myself I would purchase some high-end stuff when I got the money.

has anyone ever odered from here: http://www.salonsavings.com/category-discontinued/

and are there any other online stores that have good prices? TIA

WHAT?! They have the leave in detangler for $4.66! These are great prices if you plan on buying a bunch of stuff at once otherwise if I just want to buy the detangler I would pay almost $12 because of shipping and I may as well go to Ulta. I think you found the best prices on the net!

Thank you Artemis! Ok one more question about the styling creme, does it smell like the rest of the MR line because I just love that smell.

Ok you mentioned the detangler. This is what I'm after and I forgot I saw this at Ulta in the Daily Care line. I was going to attempt to use the styling creme to help moisturize AND detangle but maybe I can use this then the creme. Dentangler reviews please:grin: TIA again

It does :yep:

Definitely try them together. Consider the SC as a means to style the hair, and give a light hold.

Ok, so the detangler is so good, definitely a staple. To my hair, it's a balanced (protein/moisture) all-purpose leave in that has thermal protectants in it. I love it. Light smell, not heavy. Made me so glad I gave up on Kenra Daily Provision; that one was no good for me.

Edit: I use the liquid reconstructor first, then apply the daily detangler. I rollerset 2x/week.

It does :yep:

Definitely try them together. Consider the SC as a means to style the hair, and give a light hold.

Ok, so the detangler is so good, definitely a staple. To my hair, it's a balanced (protein/moisture) all-purpose leave in that has thermal protectants in it. I love it. Light smell, not heavy. Made me so glad I gave up on Kenra Daily Provision; that one was no good for me.

Edit: I use the liquid reconstructor first, then apply the daily detangler. I rollerset 2x/week.

Ok I am sold! Going to Ulta today to get the detangler, thanks Artemis and Dommo!

Thanks ladies!
I use the liquid reconstructor and I love it. I spray it on dry hair (mostly my ends) and I usually follow-up with a leave-in moisturizer. Although the reconstructor doesn't leave my hair feeling dry, I moisturize afterwards anyway. The recon. makes my fine hair feel stronger. I haven't tried anything from the MR line but from the k-pak line I use the chelating shampoo, liquid and regular reconstructor, the smoothing balm for my roller sets, and when I want a tighter curl, I use the thermal styling foam. HTH

hey, is this sale still going on?
Yep. All Joico products are by one and get the second product 50% off for the month of January at the TS in the Galleria, White Plains, NY. They have a ton of Joico products.

Last edited:
I'm about to order some joico products, I promised myself I would purchase some high-end stuff when I got the money.

has anyone ever odered from here: http://www.salonsavings.com/category-discontinued/

and are there any other online stores that have good prices? TIA
I haven't ordered from that site before but I would look around and see what sites are offering deals. I did a quick google search

http://www.allstatebeauty.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=203
has free shipping over $50

http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/list.html?categ=52
10% off all orders and free shipping over $99

there are probably a bunch of others. I usually buy my Joico locally.

Last edited:
Back