JOICO!!!

i am in love with the k pak line. i used the shampoo, deep reconstructor and hydrator last night. then along with my PM leave in i placed a quarter sized amount of smoothing balm in my hair and blowdried and flat ironed. my hair feels soooooooo good. this whole line is a staple now. i used the balm from the MR line a while ago and didnt find it to be anything special but the hydrator is so intense its amazing. i dont even have to use heat for my hair to be soooooooo soft.

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to try the detangler. I am returning the liquid reconstructor today and will pick up the detangler. I need something that will help make the comb glide through my hair and this sounds good. I did find reviews for it on Makeup Alley and some people were saying it left buildup on their hair but I wash often so that does not worry me.

I honestly never look at hair reviews on makeup alley (only skincare) because most of the members seem to be caucasian and anything super hydrating or moisturizing will leave build-up on their hair(IMO)

I honestly never look at hair reviews on makeup alley (only skincare) because most of the members seem to be caucasian and anything super hydrating or moisturizing will leave build-up on their hair(IMO)

Lol! This is true, didn't think of that. Well I found more reviews (total beauty and epinions) and they all say that this doesn't build up at all so I'm still going to get it. I am going to wait until my next wash day to try it so I can apply it to wet hair.

i am in love with the k pak line. i used the shampoo, deep reconstructor and hydrator last night. then along with my PM leave in i placed a quarter sized amount of smoothing balm in my hair and blowdried and flat ironed. my hair feels soooooooo good. this whole line is a staple now. i used the balm from the MR line a while ago and didnt find it to be anything special but the hydrator is so intense its amazing. i dont even have to use heat for my hair to be soooooooo soft.

Wow really? I experienced the exact opposite-the MR balm was WAY better for me. I mean I guess it's no big surprise since everyone's hair is going to react differently.

What did you think of the kpak poo? Did it tangle or dry your hair at all? I had a VERY good experience so much so that I don't even want to go back to the MR one and I LOVE the MR poo (or at least I thought I did:lachen:)

Oh and I think I forgot to mention that I have the entire MR line and the K-pak line so if you need any more reviews, lemme know :giggle:
Artemis, what do you recommend from the MR line that I can use everyday as a leave in conditioner? My hair dries out during the day and I am still looking for that everyday non-liquid leave-in conditioner. Do you suggest anything from Joico?

Artemis, what do you recommend from the MR line that I can use everyday as a leave in conditioner? My hair dries out during the day and I am still looking for that everyday non-liquid leave-in conditioner. Do you suggest anything from Joico?

No, not Joico.

Paul Mitchell The Conditioner is what you are looking for :yep:

So I saw Joico today. But I saw all their products but missed the Moisture Recovery, I saw the k-pak but didnt get it because it said it was a protein conditioner and I'm skeptic about protein. I have Keratin from Lexxus Nexxus and Aphogee and when I use them my hair is kind of tough afterwards so I assume my hair doesn't need protein, but when I get some money Im going to invest in the Deva products and Joico....maybe not K-pak

I'm excited because I just bought the K-pak Clarify shampoo. I'm excited to use it since I've never used a clarifying product before. I'll let you guys know how it goes once I use it tomorrow.

Update: Loved K-pak Clarify. My hair felt like a clean, blank slate. It allowed me to start fresh with adding moisturizers. I also loved the waves once it dried.

Last edited:

Whoo hoo...I just bought this yesterday at Trade Secret during their BOGO 1/2 off sale. I hope that I like it.

I currently use the Moisture Recovery daily conditioner and I really like the fact that it has keratin protein in it but it doesn't leave my hair hard and dry.

I also bought the liquid reconstructor yesterday so we will see how things go.

I am hoping that Joico will work for me so that I can narrow down the number and lines of products that I am currently using.

Wow really? I experienced the exact opposite-the MR balm was WAY better for me. I mean I guess it's no big surprise since everyone's hair is going to react differently.

What did you think of the kpak poo? Did it tangle or dry your hair at all? I had a VERY good experience so much so that I don't even want to go back to the MR one and I LOVE the MR poo (or at least I thought I did:lachen:)
i think i liked the hydrator better because i am finding out that my hair loves protein and anything that has it in it. the k pak shampoo is amazing lol:lick:. i am almost 1 year past relaxer(my september relaxer was left on for less than 5minutes and didnt take, and before then i hadnt had a relaxer in 11 months) and the shampoo does not tangle my hair at all. it was soft and didnt feel as "naked" as it does with the aphogee shampoo. after using the whole system for almost a month i definatly see a differnce in my hair. if you flat iron you shoud def pick up the k pak smoothing balm.

Whoo hoo...I just bought this yesterday at Trade Secret during their BOGO 1/2 off sale. I hope that I like it.

I currently use the Moisture Recovery daily conditioner and I really like the fact that it has keratin protein in it but it doesn't leave my hair hard and dry.

I also bought the liquid reconstructor yesterday so we will see how things go.

I am hoping that Joico will work for me so that I can narrow down the number and lines of products that I am currently using.

Yeah that's what I was hoping for and besides my Lacio Lacio leave in and Sabino Moisture Block all I have is Joico now but before that I had products literally falling out of my closet because I was a major PJ (I guess I still am for Joico only:grin:)

Hope it works for you too!:yep:

Bumping for reviews on the Kpak Cuticle Sealer (Artemis?). Are we missing a much needed step without this? I read in an older thread that Joico won't sell this to the consumer because they want to allow stylist to have a "secret weapon". We can get stronger hair without it but not salon smooth results. Don't know how true this is...:scratchch

Bumping for reviews on the Kpak Cuticle Sealer (Artemis?). Are we missing a much needed step without this? I read in an older thread that Joico won't sell this to the consumer because they want to allow stylist to have a "secret weapon". We can get stronger hair without it but not salon smooth results. Don't know how true this is...:scratchch

Hmm, the way I see it, in a perfect world (with both competent and trustworthy stylists and clients [because everyone keeps a little info to themselves on occasion...]) all chemical services would be done at the salon, and this product would be used in the process :yep:. It's amazing. It's got the lowest pH I've seen for a hair product (save for some Paul Mitchell products back in the day)

Long story short--it resolves porosity issues like no other and prevents future porosity drama (for even results with chemical services). I used it with the other 3 steps in the 17 minute kit in my self-relaxer process (instead of neutralizing shampoo).

But are you missing out on an important step? Well if you don't know what you're doing re:chemical services, then no. You can use acidifiers like creme rinses or leave-ins during your regular wash days and over time it'll provide the same benefit. But if you are an avid/experienced home colorist or self-relaxer, then it's a good product to have to ensure even proper results.

Hey what's up cuz?! I need to drop u a PM :yep:

:waving:

Please do :yep:...

will be on lurk mode here and there...need to enter school mode over the next few months...

but you and Gym have me stocking up on my Joico after the protein talk I got.. I slipped up bad not using enough during last stretch...will NOT do that again...

*checks Joico stash*
  • Body Luxe Conditioner
  • Moisture Recovery Conditioner
  • KPak Smoothing Balm
  • KPak Split End Mender
  • Liquid Reconstructor
  • KPak Reconstruct Conditioner
  • KPak Reconstruct Poo
  • Moisture Hydrator
  • Deep Penatrating Reconstructor
  • 17 Minute Miracle Kit
How'm I doin?

:lol:

I love the Joico Moisture Recovery and the KPack Hydrator.
BTW Joico is on sale Buy one get on 50% off at Trade Secret.

I need to make a trip to Trade Secret this week. I have enought K-pack reconstructor for one more treatment. How long will this sale last?

Hmm, the way I see it, in a perfect world (with both competent and trustworthy stylists and clients [because everyone keeps a little info to themselves on occasion...]) all chemical services would be done at the salon, and this product would be used in the process :yep:. It's amazing. It's got the lowest pH I've seen for a hair product (save for some Paul Mitchell products back in the day)

Long story short--it resolves porosity issues like no other and prevents future porosity drama (for even results with chemical services). I used it with the other 3 steps in the 17 minute kit in my self-relaxer process (instead of neutralizing shampoo).

But are you missing out on an important step? Well if you don't know what you're doing re:chemical services, then no. You can use acidifiers like creme rinses or leave-ins during your regular wash days and over time it'll provide the same benefit. But if you are an avid/experienced home colorist or self-relaxer, then it's a good product to have to ensure even proper results.

Thanks Artemis. I don't relax or color at all but I was just thinking I could use it to seal cuticles after shampooing but since Joico's ph is low enough the conditioner should be enough to take care of that.

I am sold! I definitely think that I have porosity issues. I tried the Roux porosity control and it made my hair hard and dry so I have never used it again. I didn't realize that there were other porosity control products out there.

Thanks Artemis!

I am sold! I definitely think that I have porosity issues. I tried the Roux porosity control and it made my hair hard and dry so I have never used it again. I didn't realize that there were other porosity control products out there.

Thanks Artemis!

Roux porosity control wasn't that great imo, not if the porosity issue is due to chemicals. Any basic joico conditioner (or Paul Mitchell The Rinse) is better (their pH is lower). I suggest you try something else before you purchase cuticle sealer, but good luck either way.

joico is great, I love their silk touch line, I haven't used it in a while but i really liked it when i used it. I also like their flat ironing spray the silk touch line though.

I have to try this after I finish my bottle of chi silk infusion.

Back