August Hits and Misses

Yay! Another LUST lover.
smile.gif

mirror what do you use this for? I tried to use it for a wrap cause my old stylist used to, but i could never get it to come out right. now i use it on flat twists and it is great
[ QUOTE ]
**Hit**
Paul Mitchell sculpting foam- this is it, my staple styling product.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stylists uses Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam when she roller sets my hair (always comes out great, although I don't use it at home).

Thanks BrownRelaxedHair for your review on the Aussie Moist. I was strongly tempted to get this last month because it has great ingredients.

Also, I used Suave Coconut Conditioner for the first time today after a work out. I was very moisturizing and it smells great.

Also, thanks to DelightfulFlame for that rosemary growth gel recipie. I usually use rosemary in oils. Never tried it in aloe gel, but I will try it.

The only new thing I bought in August was a bottle of Camellia oil from a Japanese furniture story that is going out of business. I haven't tried it yet.

--kasey.

I almost forgot to mention another hit:

Black Strap Molasses

I bought this yesterday at Whole Foods and tried it the same day. I mixed some in with my Aubrey GPB and avocado oil then covered my head with a plastic cap for at least half an hour. Rinsed with plain water, then did an ACV rinse. I followed that up with moisturizing conditioners.

I was very surprised at how soft my hair was while rinsing put the BSM! It had a different kind of softness as compared to other times. Unfortunately that feeling hasn't lasted to today. My hair isn't hard. It's just has it's usual cottony feel.

I'm sticking with the BSM. I just gotta find a way to make the softness last. I'm trying it again tonight and I'll also be flatironing. Stay tuned...

[ QUOTE ]
I almost forgot to mention another hit:

Black Strap Molasses

I bought this yesterday at Whole Foods and tried it the same day. I mixed some in with my Aubrey GPB and avocado oil then covered my head with a plastic cap for at least half an hour. Rinsed with plain water, then did an ACV rinse. I followed that up with moisturizing conditioners.

I was very surprised at how soft my hair was while rinsing put the BSM! It had a different kind of softness as compared to other times. Unfortunately that feeling hasn't lasted to today. My hair isn't hard. It's just has it's usual cottony feel.

I'm sticking with the BSM. I just gotta find a way to make the softness last. I'm trying it again tonight and I'll also be flatironing. Stay tuned...

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif
Yay! Another convert!
clap.gif
SVT, I'm quite a fan of BSM. I'd given up hope that anyone else would try it. Back when I used to do curly sets (I'm on the bun challenge now), they would hold through humidity like nobody's business - and in the land of 10,000 lakes, that saying somethin!
smile.gif
It's also an essential ingredient in Mahalia Lee's Limolasic Liquid, which has been great for restoring elasticity to my hair.

Allandra, I'm glad to see L'Oreal's Unfrizz Taming Creme was a hit. My love affair with it continues.

HITS:
Wild Growth Oil
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Hot 6 Oil
Nexxus Headress

UNDECIDED:
Nexxus Aloe Rid (REALLY CLARIFIED)

MISSES:
LUST
SHOWER COMB

Hits:
Suave Daily Clarifying (To be fair, it's the only clarifying shampoo I've tried, but it has been working nicely)

Misses:
Technically, since I just used LUST today, it's a september miss but I'll just throw it in for a bonus. Yeah, LUST made my hair hard and tangly. It was a nightmare. It smelled nice though.

Really want to try for september:
Hot 6 oil

More Aubrey's products (This may have to wait til october--my funds are gonna be low when I start back to school this month)

Nexxus Keraphix and Nexxus Emergencee

Hits:
1. John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum
It's only the best detangler I've ever used, and it makes my ringlets more defined when I wear my hair down.
2. Old fashined showerhead that drops water vertically instead of spraying in an arch

We shall see:
1. L-cysteine + vitamin C + more protein in my diet (shakes, eggs, almonds)

It made my comb out a nightmare...maybe because I love my comb so much...Or maybe because I tried it with the LUST that made my hair hard..I'll probably give it another try after my relaxer.

Hits : Keracare Silken Seal
Salerm Biomarine leave in Treatment
Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Conditioner
Sensitive by Nature satin Shine (Bling Bling hair)
Salerm Vital (Thanks Supergirl !!!)
Misses: Tropical Avacado Conditioner

PS I have now tried everything I have wanted to try for the past several months and so no more PJisms.

[ QUOTE ]
mirror what do you use this for? I tried to use it for a wrap cause my old stylist used to, but i could never get it to come out right. now i use it on flat twists and it is great
[ QUOTE ]
**Hit**
Paul Mitchell sculpting foam- this is it, my staple styling product.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it for my rollerset. It was my first time using it over the weekend, and I love it. It truly is conditioning, no wonder it it's called Paul Mitchell conditioning styling foam and it made my hair so blowing and shiny. I love it.

Ive been having a hard time finding an awesome styling
product that I was satisfied with. Ive been through Nexxus headress- it gives good body- but it didnt last long and it made my hair looked dull and residual. Dudleys's styling foam gives awesome body but it also gave my hair a dry feeling. And Barry Fletcher moisture silk seting lotion- I could live with it, but I still felt like I was missing something.

And then came along Paul Mitchell foam, it gives my hair awesome body, shiny, medium hold and moisturized.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks BrownRelaxedHair for your review on the Aussie Moist. I was strongly tempted to get this last month because it has great ingredients.

Also, I used Suave Coconut Conditioner for the first time today after a work out. I was very moisturizing and it smells great.

Also, thanks to DelightfulFlame for that rosemary growth gel recipie. I usually use rosemary in oils. Never tried it in aloe gel, but I will try it.

The only new thing I bought in August was a bottle of Camellia oil from a Japanese furniture story that is going out of business. I haven't tried it yet.

--kasey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome. I was turned on to that at another hair board. I was having a problem with mixing it with the oils b/c the oil was breaking me out at my hairline. This works great for me! The best aloe vera gel that I've found is Aubrey Organics. The stuff they sell in Wal-mart is okay if you don't have anything else, but it is of lower quality.

Hits:
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo-great for clarifying
Fantasia IC Polisher- I did not get great shine but great softness
Joico K-pak- great, great protein treatment

Hits:
Joico K-Pak Reconstructer
Elasta QP Recovery
Elasta QP H-Two
Nexxus Humectress

Misses:
Loreal Mega Moisture
Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment (LUST)
Joico Intensive Moisturizer

Undecided:
Nexxus Ensure

HITS:

Lanza Deep Cleanse Clarifying Shampoo

MISSES:

Biosilk Volumising Leave in conditiioner by Farouk

It left a dull coating on my hair. Will use it sparingly 'til it's finished.

HITS
Giovanni Leave-in Conditioner
Fantasia IC Polisher
Pantene Hydrating Curls

MISSES
Aussie Moist conditioner (the smell…yuk! Didn’t detangle at all for me)
John Freida's hair frizz serum --Extra Strength (felt like I had sprayed Armor All on my hair --gave me a slick dried coating, some sheen yes but no detangling whatsoever)
Care Free Curl Moisturizer (it was like water, back to S-Curl)

HITS
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Suave Humectant
Monoi Oil
Dark and Lovely Almond Rain Oil Mist

MISSES
Suave Deep Conditioner
V05 Detangle and Shine Leave-In

Undecided
Aussie Hair Insurance

Back