Joico users - my first...........

Okay ladies, after lurking this thread for a few days, I decided to go out and buy some conditioner from k-pak line.

What is the difference between k-pak reconstruct con and deep reconstruct? Has anyone tried both? I ended up getting the regular reconstruct because it was on sale.

BTW: Beauty Brands is having their annual liter sale. You can buy a liter of of your fav joico shampoo or conditioner for $11.98.

What is the difference between k-pak reconstruct con and deep reconstruct? Has anyone tried both? I ended up getting the regular reconstruct because it was on sale.

I have them both and I went to look at them. The Difference I saw was that the K-Pak said to leave on 1 minute and the Deep said to Leave on 5 minutes then rinse.

Also, the (regular) K-Pak that I have says: "Daily Reconstructor for Dry/Damaged Hair.":yep:

Okay ladies, after lurking this thread for a few days, I decided to go out and buy some conditioner from k-pak line.

BTW: Beauty Brands is having their annual liter sale. You can buy a liter of of your fav joico shampoo or conditioner for $11.98.

The deep reconstructor is more intensive. The daily conditioner is a nice mix of protein and moisture which is why I use it as my basic conditioner for my relaxed fine hair.

Okay seeing that you indicated that your hair is fine, I would definitely purchase the K-Pak line and the Body Luxe line. Gymfreak also swears by the Daily Care Conditioner which softens her hair and makes her new growth very manageable. Be sure to get the K-Pak chelating poo, reconstructing poo and conditioner, the reconstructing treatment. These ones I would try first.

In all frankness, I believe the entire Joico line is hugely beneficial but your hair is fine so start with the recommended above.

I checked out the Kpak webpage, I was able to find the chelating poo(Kpak Swimmer's shampoo) but I wasn't able to identify which products you were referring to when you mentioned the reconstructing poo and conditioner, and reconstructing treatment.

Please help, thanks!

I also have fine relaxed hair. Aggie already touched on my love affair with the kpak daily conditioner. I love that stuff. It IMO is very balanced for our hair. If you wanted to try out a couple of things I would get these to start out with

kpak shampoo and daily conditioner- use for your basic washes
moisture recovery conditioner- a little more moisture based, I use it every couple of washes for just 2 minutes
kpak liquid reconstructor- this is a leave in spray. I saw a difference in my hair in just two uses of this. My hair doesn't feel great when I add it but once it dries it is fabolous

Are you referring to the Kpak Damage Repair shampoo and Kpak Damage Repair conditioner?

Thanks!

:lachen::lachen:

Yes, it does THICKEN the hair. I had a hard time getting a comb through it. Now it could be that I am almost 7 weeks post but I believe that it was the Body Luxe! You must get both the shampoo and conditioner.

I just purchased the Elixer and will use it after my touch up.

BUMPING for taz....

Okay taz, what's up with the Body Luxe Elixir? I was waiting for your review on this one. Have you used it yet? If so, what's it like:look:?

I used the body luxe poo and con... I loves it.

My hair is sooooo soft. I air dried with elucence con and green tea keratin... my hair feels great!

With this last relaxer, I used K-Pak, then the Cuticle sealer and then neutralized. I then applied K-Pak again and my hair has NEVER come out better! My hair was so thick and healthy!

That 3rd pic in my siggy was about 4 hours post relaxer. I will be doing this after every relaxer from now on!:grin:
So do you mean after rinsing the relaxer you used the K-pak Chelating poo,the deep penetrating recon and then the cuticle sealer-then you rinsed and neutralized?

What is the consistency and scent of the Joico K-Pak line and the Joico Body Luxe line??
You can just describe the products that you have from those 2 lines. Thanks in Advance.

Hmm... I'd like to try the K-Pak line because I can't seem to get rid of this breakage! but I need help deciding what to get. My regime is wash and DC once a week, and use heat afterwards. Should I...

A) use K-Pak Deep Reconstructor for 5-10 minutes, followed by DC with K-Pak Intense Hydrator once a week (is this too much protein?)

or

B) DC with K-Pak conditioner once a week, followed by leave-in Liquid Reconstructor (is this enough protein? Would I have to also use a heavy protein every couple of weeks?)

I ask because I can't afford to buy all 4 of these products at once! Eventually I would like to get them all...

Thanks ladies!

Hmm... I'd like to try the K-Pak line because I can't seem to get rid of this breakage! but I need help deciding what to get. My regime is wash and DC once a week, and use heat afterwards. Should I...

A) use K-Pak Deep Reconstructor for 5-10 minutes, followed by DC with K-Pak Intense Hydrator once a week (is this too much protein?)

or

B) DC with K-Pak conditioner once a week, followed by leave-in Liquid Reconstructor (is this enough protein? Would I have to also use a heavy protein every couple of weeks?)

I ask because I can't afford to buy all 4 of these products at once! Eventually I would like to get them all...

Thanks ladies!

I would go with option A, but I would replace the Intense Hydrator with the Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm (or any deep conditioner that has little or no protein). The Intense Hydrator has too much protein to be considered a moisturizing conditioner, imo. I would be afraid of getting protein overload.

I apologize for getting back to you so late. I use the K-Pak shampoo, Cuticle Sealer, K-pak reconstructor, K-Pak Intense Hydrator, and Joico Split End Mender. I use this every Monday.

On Wednesday and Friday I use the Moisture Recovery shampoo and Conditioner.

I just recently added the Chelating shampoo to my Monday regime and WOWOWOW is all that I have to say.

Now that I added Mizani night-time intense, my regime is complete and
I... am ... NOT ... changing (trying to convice pj myself)

This is really working. In the first picture in my siggy, I had just discovered Joico. It took about 5 months to see a HUGE difference.

I would give it about 6 weeks and you WILL see a difference.

Sorry so long and HTH.

@taz007 I know it is contraverstial but do you also use heat 3 times a week? I noticed your signature had a few straight styled pictures.....I think the only way for me to retain length right now is to adopt a regimen like this with heat but I have been really nervous about that....It just seems like my curls hair breaks at and my straight never does..... Kpak seems to be helping and I think I may adopt the whole line. For some reason this breakage only happens in winter....

Yesterday I stopped by Trade Secret and they had holiday gift sets of Joico for 50% off. I purchased the K-Pak poo and condish set for just $11 (regular size bottles with a travel size hairspray)!!! I used it last night and my hair is super strong today...almost like rope. I'm going back today to purchase the Body Luxe set :driver: I just had to read the reviews in this thread first :giggle: I'm excited!!!:pulpdance:

I still use Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. I used it about two years ago when it first came out and came back to it last year. It is the only conditioner that works on my hair. It gives me excellent slip, and keeps my hair moisturised.
I also use K-Pak each time I take my braids out. I love both of these products! :yep:

Yesterday I stopped by Trade Secret and they had holiday gift sets of Joico for 50% off. I purchased the K-Pak poo and condish set for just $11 (regular size bottles with a travel size hairspray)!!! I used it last night and my hair is super strong today...almost like rope. I'm going back today to purchase the Body Luxe set :driver: I just had to read the reviews in this thread first :giggle: I'm excited!!!:pulpdance:

Are the bigger size bottles on sale as well, and if they are do you know how much?

I loooooooovvvvvveeeee joico too!!!. I am doing my once a month 5 step k-pak process...
It makes my hair feel amazing.....I use the k-pak poo, k-pak deep reconstructor, k-pak deep hydration, k-pak conditioner, k-pak leave-in :)

That salon inside some walmarts I think its called smart _____something___ had the big bottles bogo 50% off... The trade secret/beauty first holiday bundle deal is better though....

I love Joico Intense Hydrator. After reading this, I wonder if I should invest in the entire line.

@mzteaze I honestly think it is one of the best things I have ever done for my hair.....

This is a good month to invest because Ulta is running their special on the 1-liter bottles for $14.99 for K-Pak bottles and less for the other lines.

Which ones do you like the most?

I really think Joico can do no wrong.... I have the k-pak line which I think is a must have! I also love moisture line in the blue bottles and I just bought the body luxe for thickness and so far its a keeper too.... I would always pick K-pak though if someone said I could only have one line....
The K-pak deep reconstructor, the intense hydration dc and the shampoo, conditioner and leave in.... are necessities (I could live without the leave-in I would just be sad)

I have never tried the K-Pak leave-in. I had a sample of the reconstructor which was nice. I was considering the Silk Results line for when I want to straighten my hair (pre-roller set)....hmmm

I wonder if anyone figured out how to use that Liquid reconstructor. Even their website seems vague on its use.

I have a lot of Mega-Tek that I have been using in place of the Deep Reconstructor condish but I want to purchase it once I get through my stock.

Back