Is Your Man Shorter Than You?

I'm 5'2 and he's 6'2. I like that when I wear 4 or 5 inch heels I'm still quite a bit shorter than him.

I've dated guys about 6 inches taller than me and for some reason I still mostly wore flats. Looking back, that's ridiculous.

Most of my close female friends are tall so whenever I see a tall guy I'm trying to figure out how to introduce him to a friend.

I'm trying this out, he's only about an inch shorter and so far everything else is awesome. Now I just have to stop letting him take up all of my time so I can get some sleep!

Last edited:
No. :lol:

I'm 5'7 and he's 5'10 & 3/4. He stays lying and saying he's 6'0.

We look cute together whether I wear flats or mid-size heels. It would be nice if he was over 6' but there's more to him than his height

It cracks me up when men lie about their height. I can't tell you how many times men ask me how tall I am and when I tell them they say "You can't be. I'm 6'2 and you're taller than me". I'm like, that's because you're not 6'2. It got to the point where I started questioning myself and had my height checked to be certain.

They pull out their license and everything as proof. I'm like, bruh, they don't measure you when you get your license. It could say anything. lol

It cracks me up when men lie about their height. I can't tell you how many times men ask me how tall I am and when I tell them they say "You can't be. I'm 6'2 and you're taller than me". I'm like, that's because you're not 6'2. It got to the point where I started questioning myself and had my height checked to be certain.

They pull out their license and everything as proof. I'm like, bruh, they don't measure you when you get your license. It could say anything. lol

No. :lol:

I'm 5'7 and he's 5'10 & 3/4. He stays lying and saying he's 6'0.

We look cute together whether I wear flats or mid-size heels. It would be nice if he was over 6' but there's more to him than his height

This is soooo true. In my experience I've found that any man who says that he is exactly 6ft even is lying and rounding up LOL. They just don't like the way the 5ft range sounds. And if he was really 6ft on the nose he'd probably say 6'1 or 6'2.
:lachen:
I crack up when a guy is standing right next to me telling me he's 6ft tall and I'm clearly looking over his head and I'm 5'10 1/2 to be exact. STOP THE LIES!!!

I'm 6' he's 6'2. I have dated shorter once or twice - one much shorter he was like 5'7, the others maybe 1 or 2 inches shorter. It's not a deal breaker but I prefer taller. 6'2 still makes him shorter when I wear heels (yes I still wear heels lol). I once dated a guy over 6'6 and oddly enough I didn't like it. Felt like we were two giants when we walked in a room.

Wow. Is it hard getting guys to approach you because of your height? How tall are your heels? I notice guys who r uncomfortable will state things like wowww..you're tall. Or to wear flat heels lol. Im 5'9 1/2

I could have written this word for word...

I'm 6'1" and yes most dudes I've dated have been the same height or an inch shorter. But, they were all fit, sturdy with broad chests. So, I felt feminine and secure with all of them. Yes, I still wore my heels.

The tallest was 6'6" in college. The shortest was 5'9" only because that negro lied on his match.com profile and said he was 5'11". We became exclusive. And one time at a party, someone asked if he was my little brother. That's when I knew it wouldn't work out...

I'm 5'5" so even the average guys are taller than me. 5' 9" and above is fine with me so long as you are not skinny coz I'm a chubster. Broad shoulders and muscular arms give the best hugs.

I'm 6' he's 6'2. I have dated shorter once or twice - one much shorter he was like 5'7, the others maybe 1 or 2 inches shorter. It's not a deal breaker but I prefer taller. 6'2 still makes him shorter when I wear heels (yes I still wear heels lol). I once dated a guy over 6'6 and oddly enough I didn't like it. Felt like we were two giants when we walked in a room.

Same .

I'm 5'10 and SO is 5'7. I've dated one other guy around this height...I prefer taller, but SO makes up for it in a lot of other ways. :look:

I'm 6'0" and nothing but shorter men approach me. And yes, they lie constantly about their height. Men around 5'8"-5'10" usual approach me and neither one of us care. Height doesn't bother me because most men will be shorter than me and I would passing up a lot.

The funny thing is that shorter guys never seem to be intimated by me or my presence but taller guys are.
I once dated a tall guy (around 6'5") and he said I intimidated him because I had a firm handshake and looked him straight in the eye when we talked

^^^ This. It's very easy for a guy to feel insecure around a tall woman - especially an attractive one. Most short men have an abundance of confidence because, well, they probably have felt like they had to compensate for their height somehow all their lives. So they tend to have big personalities and less reservations when it comes to approaching women.

I'm 6'1" and yes most dudes I've dated have been the same height or an inch shorter. But, they were all fit, sturdy with broad chests. So, I felt feminine and secure with all of them. Yes, I still wore my heels.

The tallest was 6'6" in college. The shortest was 5'9" only because that negro lied on his match.com profile and said he was 5'11". We became exclusive. And one time at a party, someone asked if he was my little brother. That's when I knew it wouldn't work out...

Lol!!

^^I agree. I get approached more by short men then taller guys.

I met a short guy recently whose confidence knocked me off my feet. I usually wear heels every day but it was summer so I happened to be wearing flat sandals. He was about 3-4 inches shorter than me.

I happened to see him drive by the supermarket entrance in his fancy car and he crossed my path as I was walking in. I saw him breaking his neck to watch me walk in as he passed me. I paid it no mind and went in to shop. This guy actually parked his car and came into the market to hunt me down. He started out saying he saw me walking in and had to park to come find me. I was so intrigued by his approach because guys these days don't often do that kinda stuff anymore.

He walked up and said he saw me outside and had to come in to meet me. I mentioned that he looked familiar and that's when he told me about his business and showed me proof of his work and he's pretty well known. Although I noticed the height difference, I honestly didn't care about it at the time and I was checking off the boxes as a match. After that approach (and his status LOL) I couldn't bear to shoot him down so we exchanged numbers. We had good phone convos but although I almost overlooked the height, I couldn't also get past him having a small child. My boys are grown so that's a definite no-no for me.

My BFF still yells at me for not giving him a chance. She said his approach knocked her off her feet too LOL. I had to remind her about the small child and I also cannot walk around with somebody who is that much shorter than me and I wasn't even in heels at the time so I'd probably be a good 7 inches taller LOL. Heck, I like to feel protected too. People say it's being superficial but I don't think so. Why is it she can prefer to not date skinny guys but I can't have ONE physical preference for taller men??

But yeah, that was the first time in a long time that I temporarily didn't see height as problem so I can now see how you ladies say it's not an issue with your SO because of the other qualities.

I could NEVER.

raw

I'm 5'3 so I've never had a height problem but my ideal height is 5'10-5'11. I've been into men shorter than that though. I don't think I could date a man shorter than me.

^^I agree. I get approached more by short men then taller guys.

I met a short guy recently whose confidence knocked me off my feet. I usually wear heels every day but it was summer so I happened to be wearing flat sandals. He was about 3-4 inches shorter than me.

I happened to see him drive by the supermarket entrance in his fancy car and he crossed my path as I was walking in. I saw him breaking his neck to watch me walk in as he passed me. I paid it no mind and went in to shop. This guy actually parked his car and came into the market to hunt me down. He started out saying he saw me walking in and had to park to come find me. I was so intrigued by his approach because guys these days don't often do that kinda stuff anymore.

He walked up and said he saw me outside and had to come in to meet me. I mentioned that he looked familiar and that's when he told me about his business and showed me proof of his work and he's pretty well known. Although I noticed the height difference, I honestly didn't care about it at the time and I was checking off the boxes as a match. After that approach (and his status LOL) I couldn't bear to shoot him down so we exchanged numbers. We had good phone convos but although I almost overlooked the height, I couldn't also get past him having a small child. My boys are grown so that's a definite no-no for me.

My BFF still yells at me for not giving him a chance. She said his approach knocked her off her feet too LOL. I had to remind her about the small child and I also cannot walk around with somebody who is that much shorter than me and I wasn't even in heels at the time so I'd probably be a good 7 inches taller LOL. Heck, I like to feel protected too. People say it's being superficial but I don't think so. Why is it she can prefer to not date skinny guys but I can't have ONE physical preference for taller men??

But yeah, that was the first time in a long time that I temporarily didn't see height as problem so I can now see how you ladies say it's not an issue with your SO because of the other qualities.

R u single now?? Im so lost noawaydays

I'm 5'3", so no. He's only 5'10" and super insecure abt his height. Lol, so he loves that I make him feel tall. He's always talking about our height difference.
If I were taller, I think I'd consider dating shorter guys.

Absolutely not! I'm 5'0". I don't need a tall guy, but he can't be shorter than me. :lol: My FH is average height.
Riiight cuz a guy shorter than 5'0... smh.

Im 5 even also. If he's as tall or taller than me i will date him.im done reproducing so not worried about having short sons :lol:. i do have an upper limit. was in a relationship with someone 6'7 thats just too much difference. a foot and a half is ridic. felt like a toddler when holding his hand :lol:

I'm 5'2. I remember years ago, I dated this guy. Prior to our date, he asked me how tall i was. I told him I was 5'2. He said "Oh, ok. Just checking". The night of our date, he got out the car and he was about a half an inch shorter than me. That was a night to remember. Several people commented, "Aww, look at the little couple." Laughing my butt off!

Back