Is your dh or so shorter than you??

I'm 5'7 and my babe is about 5'10. Sometimes I'm taller than him depending on my heels and it feels kinda sexy ;).

My brother on the other hand was involved with and had a child with someone who towered over him. He's about 5'8 and she is about 5'11.

Browndilocks said:
I've dated plenty of guys well over 6 feet and I'm 5.2. My ex was 6.1 and the biggest punk I've ever seen. In fact, I can name at least 3 guys I've dated in the past who were tall, athletic and all that but still little bitttcheez when it came down to speaking up for me, protecting me, etc. Also, conflict is a rare occurrence so when I meet a guy, the first thing I think isn't "how will he protect me if a dude wants to fight." That's so high school IMO. When it comes down to it, you want a man who will get down with whatever situation no matter what his height. Maybe it's easy for me because i"m already short. I used to be one of those chicks who had to have a man over 6 feet. None of them have been a bigger man than my current SO who is only 5.8. When a man is down with you and down for you, he'll get buck with a mountain if he has to. I recently learned that.

too funny. I agree with you if he got heart, he got heart and if his heart choose you he will knock down anything and everything to protect you. My little fh will go to war over me and my daughter. And my 6'1 boyfriend in school was so scary it was shameful and my other ex bf was 6'2 and terrifying. He was far too thugged out for me while I feel like my fh is perfectly balanced in this area. I'm sure height has nothing to do with this in either case though.

No, my bf is 6'3. I am not generally attracted to men that are short. I dated one briefly and I was very self conscious about it. I know it shouldn't matter but I was uncomfortable.

I'm 6'1", BF is 5'10". My previous BF was 5'11" and I told myself that if the relationship didn't work out I wouldn't date a shorter dude ever again. Yea, life is funny. He's really smart (Harvard MD), very physically fit and puts up with me. Current BF LOVES tall women. Lol

Last edited:
My bf is only 2 inches taller, so i save my heels for when i'm out with the girls, or going to work.. he wore trilby hats a lot at the beginning so i think i was a little bit fooled about his height, i prefer taller guys, but given how compatible we are, it's not a deal breaker. What will be a deal breaker is him taking too goddamn long to propose plus he needs to move his arse out oh his parents house, but that's a whole 'nother thread!!!

FemmeCreole said:
oh good Lord I could not do it. My SO is a foot taller than me... I'm 5'9"

Geesh, what town do you live in where you can find a MSN that much taller than you? My area don't make men that tall

I've dated guys that were shorter than me when I'm wearing heels. I'm not giving up my heels for no one. Personally, I never had a problem with it and neither did they... well there was one exception. In my life, I've had more fun overall with shorter guys (guys my height, 5'8") than taller men.

However, it's always been a requirement that the shorter guy be super good looking with a nice build, to compensate for being a bit challenged in the height department. If not, I think it would look weird. Wow, that sounds shallow, but it's my truth. Otherwise, why would I be physically attracted?

Last edited:
Back