Is A Man Wrong For Stepping In To Defend His Wife

Interesting topic. I think men should stay out of it and try to diffuse the situation, grab his woman and get her out of it.

A man hitting a woman is only going to make it worse. The woman he hits probably has a man in her life, too, and that man won't stand by while somebody's hubby is beating her. Lives get lost this way.

I wish some man would try to body block me or restrain me because he thinks I might swing on his wife/SO. He would be up on charges. I've had an angry man attack me before because he thought I was disrespecting someone and what he thought I said and what I said were two different things. So yeah, any man coming up to me, or God forbid, putting one finger on me is going to face charges. I don't play with that mess. The best way a man can protect his wife/GF is to block HER body while they go and get their coats.

I wish some man would try to body block me or restrain me because he thinks I might swing on his wife/SO. He would be up on charges. I've had an angry man attack me before because he thought I was disrespecting someone and what he thought I said and what I said were two different things. So yeah, any man coming up to me, or God forbid, putting one finger on me is going to face charges. I don't play with that mess. The best way a man can protect his wife/GF is to block HER body while they go and get their coats.

A lot of women think it's "cute." :rolleyes:

They like the idea of their man defending/protecting them w/o thinking about the consequences and repercussions (for both themselves and their man). Reality is this is not a noble knight on a horse to rescue a damsel in distress type of situation. No one else, including bystanders and the police, is going to see it that way either. None of it will be seen as an honorable or respectable thing for a man to do---because it's not. Men need not involve themselves in women's affairs.

I think Barbie was on to something. You don't know what people have gone through. Some people might think Kenya or Brandon overreacted but you don't know their history with violence. Just thinking of the way Christopher was standing over her like that makes my blood boil. My fight instincts would be turnt all the way.

I've stated my & DH's opinion in the other thread so no need to repeat but the underlying problem I have is this....

You CANNOT control other people's actions. Grown ppl do whatever the hell they want!

The moment Chris attempted to control Kenya is when all hell broke loose. Regardless if she was trying to win an Emmy that night. What was Brandon suppose to do after the fact.

With that being said, the chivalrous thing for a man to do is control his. Now what Brandon should have done was intervened the moment Kenya jumped her happy arse up! My DH would've def had a stretch arm strong moment. The beech could've had blades, guns, etc. You just don't run up on people and not expect the worst outcome.

And at that point, Chris should be checkin for his "wife."

Control you and yours, not others!

I believe most (if not all) of the people in this thread are on the same page actually. What is causing an issue is that some are thinking of RHOA moments etc vs others answering the general question. I don't think people are wanting/expecting their men to have a Kanye episode. We are agreeing that if the man witnesses his woman in a fight that he would get in between and take her away. He is not standing there and "doing" the fight for her or talking mess for her. He is grabbing his woman because he feels she should not have to endure that kind of stuff in front of him. I don't want to endure seeing a man fight in front of me so I'm sure some men feel that same about his woman.

Back