I'm Thanking My Gut Right Now

TinyBlu

...so Mr. Attractive is already starting to show his true colors.

We're still meeting for dinner tomorrow (I'm SOOOO curious about how he will act), but our phone conversation (which still seemed a bit one-sided) has raised a few red flags already.

As I said, he's quiet. When he speaks, he's very eloquent, but the times we've talked, it just seemed like he had a smooth (playa) comeback for everything. I even brought it to his attention tonight our conversation. I blatantly told him that everything he says seems like a line. Seriously, some of the things he says leave me thinking "Do women really respond to this SH**" I also told him that authenticity is the sexiest quality on a man for me and I think I heard crickets chirping.

Of course, he offered to pick me up (which I declined), then he wanted me to meet him at his house so he could drive me to dinner... I simply responded "Would you mind if we just met at the restaurant?" He went with it, but I could tell it was reluctantly.

The rest of the conversation (if you could call it that) entailed me asking a question to which he would respond but would not ask me a question in return (indicating that he's really not interested in learning about me)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE... the flags really started waving when he asked what I was doing for New Year's Eve. I told him I didn't have any plans... this joka says "Maybe we can get out of town for the evening" WTH?!?!?!?!?! I gave him an emphatic NO.

What have I missed these last two years? Do relationships move this fast?

Clearly, he's a PLAYA and gets a kick out of the chase. Ten bucks says he's going to try to stick his tongue down my throat tomorrow.

Yes, it took me six years to respond to his advances, and this will definitely be short lived. Wow...

So, he called this morning to say how excited he was about our "date," and I told him that I didn't FEEL like we were headed in the same direction, and cancelled the date.

When he asked why, I explained that I was uncomfortable with an invitation to an overnight trip so early in our getting to know each other (I didn't mention in my post that he wanted to fly me to Vegas to bring in the New Year) ... that I need to get to know someone before spending that kind of time with them...

HIM: "We've known each other for six years..."
ME: "We've known OF each other for six years. We're just now interacting and getting to know each other..."

5...4...3...2...1...MELTDOWN

HIM: "So you're saying you're not used to having a mature man in your life that knows how to spoil you and treat you like a queen..." (GASLIGHT MUCH???)
ME: "No, I'm saying that I move slower than that."
HIM: "...which may be why you've been single for two years. Older, mature men don't waste time chasing someone indefinitely..."

At this point, I didn't feel the need to defend WHY I made my decision, so I was about to give him the "I hope you find what you're looking for," closing statement, and this A** CLOWN says

"It's not like you're the only one on my list of potential invitees. There are plenty of women that will happily accept my invitation and don't expect me to beg to spoil them. Good luck with Spinster-hood." CLICK.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BULLET. DODGED.

So, he called this morning to say how excited he was about our "date," and I told him that I didn't FEEL like we were headed in the same direction, and cancelled the date.

When he asked why, I explained that I was uncomfortable with an invitation to an overnight trip so early in our getting to know each other... that I need to get to know someone before spending that kind of time with them...

HIM: "We've known each other for six years..."
ME: "We've known OF each other for six years. We're just now interacting and getting to know each other..."

HIM: "So you're saying you're not used to having a mature man in your life that knows how to spoil you and treat you like a queen..." (GASLIGHT MUCH???)
HIM: "...which may be why you've been single for two years. Older, mature men don't waste time chasing someone indefinitely..."

At this point, I didn't feel the need to defend WHY I made my decision, so I was about to give him the "I hope you find what you're looking for," closing statement, and this A** CLOWN says

"It's not like you're the only one on my list of potential invitees. There are plenty of women that will happily accept my invitation and don't expect me to beg to spoil them. Good luck with Spinster-hood." CLICK.

BULLET. DODGED.
Thank you Jesus! Glorrraayy! I’m proud of you!!

BULLET. DODGED.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Onto the next ------>

BULLET. DODGED.

MATRIX STYLE GIRL...DONT FORGET THAT!

Wow, what a loser. Kudos to you for nipping that nonsense in the bud. His feelings were so hurt :lachen:

They really were :lol:. He’s like I waited 6 years, kept sniffing around for 6 years to still be told no :lol:. And that’s really all she did. Said no. And nicely. And had every right to. She doesn’t even really know this man. OP found out why she wasn’t feeling him all these years.

Last edited:
And why is it when you tell some sucker "no," he has to try to insult you with, And that's why you are single, blah, blah, blah. When guess what? Being single is still head and shoulders better than being with you, Fool!!

Last edited:
And why is it when you tell some sucker "no," he has to try to insult you with, And that's why you are single, blah, blah, blah. When guess what? Being single is still head and shoulders better than being with you, Fool!!

Right? They think these "insults" will be painful coming from them? Umm no....it makes them even more comical and a bigger joke. And only reaffirms the decision to reject them. Loser.

Back