If his ONLY problem was his weight would you go for it?

Survey says?

• Yes, it's not a big deal to me.

Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Yes, only if he lost the weight.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • No, I wouldn't give him a shot at all.

Votes: 55 39.3%
  • No, because I don't think I should try to make him lose weight.

Votes: 38 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mischka

shrinkage.
What if you met the perfect guy for you except he was overweight? Like, it's turning you off overweight. Unattractive overweight. Assume this also negatively impacts the sexual relationship.

Personally I think I'd probably go for it and make him lose the weight. Only after he refused to do so would I dump him. But I'd give him the chance bc if he lost it, I'd win! :reddancer:

I'm not sure. I'd only go for it if he wanted to lose the weight and was taking steps to make this happen. Or if I could fully accept and be ok with him being overweight. You're asking for big trouble going into a relationship thinking you can change someone and the reality is that most people who are overweight and want to lose it don't or just gain it back again.

nope. i would never get to the point of finding out he was perfect for me because being grossly overweight is something i can't deal with.

i would rather find someone who already had the physical characteristics i want than try to change someone.

I'm not sure. I'd only go for it if he wanted to lose the weight and was taking steps to make this happen. Or if I could fully accept and be ok with him being overweight. You're asking for big trouble going into a relationship thinking you can change someone and the reality is that most people who are overweight and want to lose it don't or just gain it back again.

Ooooooooh... good point.

I say no, because behind the fat is some issue that's causing him to be fat. He would have to deal with all of that before I considered being serious with him.

No...I mean when I was in med school I collided with a old friend from HS/middle school. He was always fat, but he was smart and funny and...familar. We dated. He was a sweetheart. I brought him as a date to one of our professional mixers and my girlfriends were very nice. That is until they got me alone. My friend burst out, 'But Allmundjoi, he's fat and you are so fit and athletic. Wth?! We are confused' Lol. I love my girls. Initally it didn't bother me, he was already so familar to me and made me feel so comfortable so I was able to overlook certain...short (and fat) comings Eventually it did. I ran a lot, like 6-12 miles every other day a lot, and I didn't eat meat or meat by products (no soda or chocolate either). He on the other hand never worked out and ate any and everything. Eventually his fat not only became unbearable, but disgusting and unattractive to me. I didn't want to hurt him, but I knew in his current state, I wouldn't be happy with him. He was my first (and last) deviation from my type-athletic, educated and street smart alpha males. I hope he made someone happy...him and his 4-course meals. :)

I would if he would work on his weight. I'm more into overall happiness outside of the physical and I had an old school friend that was crushing on me last year. He is very funny, handsome, smart, and I wouldve given him a chance if I hadnt saw he had deeper issues related to his overeating.

What if you met the perfect guy for you except he was overweight? Like, it's turning you off overweight. Unattractive overweight. Assume this also negatively impacts the sexual relationship.

Personally I think I'd probably go for it and make him lose the weight. Only after he refused to do so would I dump him. But I'd give him the chance bc if he lost it, I'd win! :reddancer:

Dealbreaker.

Nope, I don't think so.

I have very few PHYSICAL non-negotiables..... unfortunately being grossly overweight is one of them. I wouldn't date someone who was shorter than me either, tho.

Ha, you laugh but I am serious. If a man was so big he couldn't even see his own d!ck... Come on, now, Mischka! You don't want it.

:lachen: I mean I wouldn't like it but Idk if it's a dealbreaker... I guess I haven't really thought about it that much. These days I'm so concerned with finding a guy I actually like that my looks requirements keep getting lost in the shuffle. I think to be honest if this was a real situation I had to deal with I'd probably spend a lot of the relationship redirecting and deflecting the sexual part of it :lol:

:lachen: I mean I wouldn't like it but Idk if it's a dealbreaker... I guess I haven't really thought about it that much. These days I'm so concerned with finding a guy I actually like that my looks requirements keep getting lost in the shuffle. I think to be honest if this was a real situation I had to deal with I'd probably spend a lot of the relationship redirecting and deflecting the sexual part of it :lol:

Well, you never know what you might find underneath all the layers. There could be a pot of gold there. I'm talking about his personality, of course.

Well, you never know what you might find underneath all the layers. There could be a pot of gold there. I'm talking about his personality, of course.

...or a forgotten doughnut ('Ima put that here under this roll for later'). Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I was attracted to a guy in high school who was really big and really tall...He carried it well..He was one of the first big guys that caught my attention..Back then it was just harmless flirting, but he was soo fly, and if I was older I probably would have gave him a taste.

And then there was the adult years :nono:
I tried it...i really did...

I attempted to date an heavier guy and it was like sexing a waterbed..I was sooo frustrated! Everything jiggled and moved and it was not sexy at all..We had great convo and things in common but the sex was not popping...And dont let me try to ride..:sad::sad::sad:
I knew if I entertained him any longer, I would have cheated, so I bounced..best decision I ever made..I gotta get mines:look:

Idk why I asked for clarification lol. It's a big fat no any way you slice it :lol:

Sent from my WX445 using WX445

That reminds me. In high this overweight dude was interested in me and we hung out a lot bc we were friends. My mom took a HUGE issue with this and I knew it was solely because of how he looked. She didn't care about anything else about him, whether he was a nice person or whether he had anything going for him (which granted wasn't a lot bc we were just high school kids but he was not a troublemaker). She HATED that I hung out with him. I think the fact that he was dark skinned and in her opinion ugly also contributed :nono: (I didn't think he was ugly but if you're fat and black nobody's really going to look that closely.) I thought that was really fcked up of her.

Back