"I think white people have better hair than black hair"

I had a mother and father that were professors and engineers well versed in black history and instilled a sense of history and self-worth in me for as long as I can remember always trying to tell me how beautiful I am and how beautiful my hair is and I STILL came home and wrapped my beige towel around my head saying mommy I want my hair to be like this!:nono:begging for a perm.

This is where I'm gonna provide my possibly very revolutionary opinion: I dont think integration at an early age has helped our children on the whole, especially as a minority community. I believe if we had schools where we started our children off with an environment where they had friends that looked like them to relate with and got a serious education on their history in the early years, then they would have the strength of character to be proud, self-confident and make the most of themselves despite being a minority and be prepared to mix with others. I think in our rush to assimilate with larger America, we lost ourselves.

I consistently saw the difference it made with many of my jewish peers, many of them dont go to integrated schools they go to schools where only kids like them attend till junior high or even as late as high school, by the time their interacting with kids from other backgrounds you can't tell those kids nuthin because they've had pride instilled in them, a comprehensive education on their history on their people, they identify and love their heritage and traditions. They're past the point that you can rob them of that..........all I'm sayin, is we need us some a that.

Cosign! I so believe this.

Back