Reproducing outside the race for better hair

I think more people do it than they realize. They do it subconsciously too. The funny thing to me is when they do mix and the child comes out with 7F hair anyway! LOL

And i have seen many interracial children with hair that didn't come out like the parents wanted..whatever the hell that means. Then they complain about the haircare. They dont know whether to relax it, perm it, color it, wash it everyday or grease it....But yet that's considered "good hair" ???

I've seen more people reproducing outside the race and getting BAD hair than i do "good" hair. And it looks worse because the ignorant parent doesn't know how to care for it.

I used to joke with my Ex who is biracial that i didnt want to have kids with him and let them have BAD hair. His mom's side had red hair in the family. I've seen some interracial kids with red hair. It's not cute.

It's russian roulette, you dont know what you gonna get. Mixed or not.

Hey my mom has red hair and she's gorgeous! Though her parents didn't reproduce for red hair, nor are they white. Her dad was mixed (as lots in the aa community are from slavery and other stuff) as his mom was white and dad was black. And her mom was native american. She came out with red hair. I just had to say something because that comment was kinda mean and made an assumption.

That being said. I don't think that anyone should mix for those reasons. If you like someone date them,, marry them for them, not for ridiculous reasons like that.

Okay, I invited a friend and her brother to dinner last week. We had the funniest conversation, he loves black women, but does not like weave. His dated his last black girlfriend for 6 months and never saw her real hair, she installed a new weave the same day she took out the old one. So now he thinks that marrying another race will be better as he does not want his daughters to go through this weave "problem". There is no guarantee that the kids will have "good" hair.

But I can't judge. My brother who is a short guy, will not date a woman who is not taller than him because he wants his kids to be tall, lol. Whatever makes people happy; but I hope they know that having a child with "good" hair will not help them get over their own personal hair issues.

Did you tell him that it wasn't a guarantee his children would have good hair? If so, what was his response? I wonder if he had a mixed race child that had very kinky hair, what would he think or do. :scratchch:
I hear you. I try not to judge either.

I remember that episode or have seen something similar elsewhere. It was just like the Black woman I saw in the hospital after my niece was born. She was just ogling over my mixed race nephews and going on and on about how mixed race children are so beautiful.

It's downright disgusting.

Did you tell him that it wasn't a guarantee his children would have good hair? If so, what was his response? I wonder if he had a mixed race child that had very kinky hair, what would he think or do. :scratchch:
I hear you. I try not to judge either.

You know I sure did. But his argument was that the probability of his kids having "good" hair would be higher with another race compared to a black woman. So he still thinks its a good gamble, so I backed off; you know I wasn't trying to ruin dinner since he was paying:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

OMG! Bint your lil one in that avatar is just too precious!!!!

ETA: I just looked at the date on this. Why was it bumped?

More than likely a newbie or someone perusing the threads. I bumped 10,000 BC threads when I was new. I still do.

I've seen more people reproducing outside the race and getting BAD hair than i do "good" hair. And it looks worse because the ignorant parent doesn't know how to care for it.

yo, this has been my experience too. so many folks they are gonna get the "best" of both worlds, but most come out with the "worst" of both. sorry to use that term, but i hope you understand what i mean.

Damn shame, is what it is.

true dat.

when i lived in france, many of the french women would throw themselves a the african men so that they would have pleasing looking offspring. i remember in class we had a discussion about interracial relationships. the french women complained that their men were marrying african women because they were more passive, opted to stay home and raise children and the like. and when i asked about why the women went for the african males, nearly unanimous agreement was that the children would be beautiful and have gorgeous hair.

there was even a student who was norwegian that talked about it from sunup to sundown, how beautiful her children's hair would be, with curls and all. bleh. perhaps it was more about having something that DIDN'T look like her and the rest of norway. she complained a lot that all she knew were blonde haired, blue-eyed people like herself. either way, not the best reason to have babies. especially if you're not prepared to throw some celie braids in there if necessary.

when i lived in france, many of the french women would throw themselves a the african men so that they would have pleasing looking offspring. i remember in class we had a discussion about interracial relationships. the french women complained that their men were marrying african women because they were more passive, opted to stay home and raise children and the like. and when i asked about why the women went for the african males, nearly unanimous agreement was that the children would be beautiful and have gorgeous hair.

there was even a student who was norwegian that talked about it from sunup to sundown, how beautiful her children's hair would be, with curls and all. bleh. perhaps it was more about having something that DIDN'T look like her and the rest of norway. she complained a lot that all she knew were blonde haired, blue-eyed people like herself. either way, not the best reason to have babies. especially if you're not prepared to throw some celie braids in there if necessary.

It's sad, but it seems too many people use children like playthings. :nono: And what happens when the man/woman you married to have "good-looking" children with don't turn out the way you expected? People seem to think it's okay to use others in the personal experiments in eugenics but I wonder if they put much thought into the relationship between them and egg/sperm donors?

Hey my mom has red hair and she's gorgeous! Though her parents didn't reproduce for red hair, nor are they white. Her dad was mixed (as lots in the aa community are from slavery and other stuff) as his mom was white and dad was black. And her mom was native american. She came out with red hair. I just had to say something because that comment was kinda mean and made an assumption.

ITA. I still remember this girl who had natural strawberry blonde hair and it was fierce. :yep:

people are so worried about skin color and hair type, they need to be grateful that their child does not have an illness or defomity.

I could care less if my child comes out with 4z hair just let him or her be healthy.

Back