I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

what happens if u use it on dry hair? I didn't throughly rd the whole thread. I put it on my dry hair. now I'm sacred. YIKES!!!

Felicia, I don't think you have anything to worry about. But the reason for doing this on wet hair is to seal in the moisture. Next time you do it, spritz your ends with water or a moisturizer and then put the vaseline on. HTH

Well, I did not wash my hair. I just wet is the ends in the sink. Then I put the vaseline on. After that i put it in a bun. Maybe I should wash then try it.

Day One:
I applied the baby Vaseline yesterday. I just wet my hair with my conditioner/distilled water mix a few minutes ago. No time to do my normal conditioner wash--I have to beat the screaming kids and their oblivious parents to Wal-Mart this morning.
grin.gif

blush.gif
My ends were soooooo soft! Much softer and better moisturized than with the Palmer's Coconut Oil I've been using for the past several weeks. It's even better than Blue Magic. Which I always considered to be nothing but scented Vaseline.
confused.gif

So far I like it!
up.gif

I'm seeing an improvement in my ends already
smile.gif
Adrienne has told me several times to use vaseline on my ends but I didn't
whyme.gif
I have used it a little bit but didn't notice any special benefit. Now I know that I just was not using ENOUGH vaseline on my ends.

Well-- aint never scurred
laugh.gif
so i am definitely gonna take the challenge
smile.gif
i have to wash my hair today, so i will give my update next saturday morning
wink.gif

i washed my hair yesterday and tried the vasaline. this morning, after i took the bun out, my hair was really soft. never knew about using vasaline this way. thnx again leejure. I also washed my daughter's hair yesterday and did the same thing with her hair. later i'll take her take her bun out and see the results.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Felicia, I don't think you have anything to worry about. But the reason for doing this on wet hair is to seal in the moisture. Next time you do it, spritz your ends with water or a moisturizer and then put the vaseline on. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot
smile.gif
I'm going to try my first conditioner wash today then use the vaseline
grin.gif
Wish me Luck on both!
shocked.gif

Okay, here is day one results:

Stayfro or some red grease.
Ingredients:Petroleum, Mineral Oil, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, and of course that red coloring.
Consistency: Like red vaseline
What I did:
Washed hair last night.
This morning I put my hair into a low ponytail.
Used the WGO first, then I take a big ole scoop with the pointer finger and then put it on my ponytail.
Coat until hair looks like a wooden stake (you'll poke your eye out).
Put into my ponytail donut bun.

I did this on DRY hair

Went to work. Total time left in 10 hours.
Came home:
Went to Walmart bought their equate vasaline for 1.00 and some change.
Went home, and straight to the bathroom.
Took down hair: SOFT SOFT SOFT the vasaline smoothed my ends even though it was dry.
Turned on sink and put water on all the hair after the ponytail holder.
Put on Wildgrowth hair oil on the same area
Put a nice pointer finger sized amount of vasaline on my stick poke out eye ends well actually all the hair after the ponytail.

Put back in a bun
Time 5:30
10:00
Take out ponytail
Ends kind of wet/moist still
Pinned my hair up and covered with a scarf
went to bed (I know it's early
blush.gif
)

9:00 a.m
Took off scarf
HAIR is feeling WONDERFULL moist SOFT, not dry (usually the oil had dried on my ends and they feel dry)
Gathered my hair into a ponytail and repeated 5:00 procedure.

I must admit my hair feels 100x softer than when I did it on totally dry ends. My hair is wet, but not wet enough to go curly. I really like this and this is only after one day.

I really believe after doing this method, I will retain a lot more ends and reach my goals faster!

Thanks Lee, Adrienne, and DSD for answering my questions!
smile.gif

felicia, do you plan to wear your hair down after you wrap it? using the Vaseline on the ends is not for that style. it weighs the hair down too much. most of us usually just let our hair dry in the bun. sometimes i will unbraid my own hair and let it air dry then braid back up.

hi adrienne, no, i don't plan on wearing my hair down. after washing my hair I wrap it and cover it with a satin wrap to allow it to dry. I was wondering if it'd be difficult to wrap the hair w/so much v. on the ends.

Felicia, this style isn't probably for you if you are going to wear your hair down, as for wrapping, I don't know it might be too heavy to do this.

hi skeegee, I don't plan on wearing my hair down. I wash, wrap to allow to dry, take the wrap down, and put my hair up in something that looks like a bun. it's not quite a bun since I don't know how to do one
tongue.gif
. My question is, is it possible to wrap the hair up with the vaseline on the ends.

OK THAT'S SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN BUT ONE QUESTION. SINCE YOUR PROTECTING YOUR HAIR THAT WELL . WHEN IT COMES TIME TO WEAR YOUR HAIR DOWM. BECAUSE IT USE TO THE LUB WILL IT BREAK.

felicia, thanks for the clarification. i think it's possible to do it the way you said. it would probably just take longer to dry though. give it a try...

wantlonghair, mine hasn't had more breakage. i believe it breaks less BECAUSE it was lubed.

Re: I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challeng

I think I'll have to try this out soon. I want super soft ends too! I might have to wait until next weekend and go shopping and get me some Vaseline (might get some Garnier Fructis while I'm out
sekret.gif
). Good thing I've got a job...

I'm in! I already have a big tub of Vaseline that I can't seem to get rid of. It will be put to good use now!
grin.gif

Re: I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challeng

I dont know if anyone has asked this question, but I could probably do this with a wet set. Right? I would put my hair up in a bun afterwards. What do you ladys think?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Can't do it this week but I think I will go for it next week....but I'll be substituting the vaseline for Proclaim Coconut Oil (it's just petroleum anyway). Plus, I'm on the hair products challenge and can't buy anything. But I could use that vaseline on my lips...
sekret.gif
Where's Allandra?
naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm right here girl. You know I had to scroll through this thread looking for my hair care challenge girls.
laugh.gif
I'm sure the Proclaim Coconut Oil is a good substitute for Vaseline (petroleum anyways).

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:

Coat until hair looks like a wooden stake (you'll poke your eye out).

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't put nobody's eye out.
rofl.gif

Hairlove,

Have you started the 7 day V-Challenge yet? I started tonight.

Skegeesmb & Leejure,

I'm now ready to poke someone in the eye.
wink.gif

Once I comb my hair in place, then apply the vaseline, I don't have to comb my hair again until I rinse it again. I'm not sure how the hair would react to being comb with a lot of vaseline on it. Are you a daily rinser?

Back