I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

My hair's soft and shiny but also greasy. Does this mean I put too much or is this to be expected?

TIA---daviine

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Are their any SURGErs in this challenge, if so, how are you doing it. Are you applying Surge and then sealing it with vasaline?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I am doing HLD and I am getting good results.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Are their any SURGErs in this challenge, if so, how are you doing it. Are you applying Surge and then sealing it with vasaline?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I am doing HLD and I am getting good results.

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
My hair's soft and shiny but also greasy. Does this mean I put too much or is this to be expected?

TIA---daviine

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's to be expected. in fact, i also sometimes expect it to be a little bit stiff, but neither is really a problem to me since i have it in a bun anyway...

to me, stiff means alot of product on it.
smile.gif
after all, you can't poke someone's eye out with limp hair...
laugh.gif

so im sittin here with vaseline in my hair, for the first time since 8th grade. my hair feels extra soft an moisturized (an greeeeezziiii lol) so far so good. i'm gettin ready to wash it out tonight.. just one question.. is using a clarifiyin shampoo the only way to truly get all the residue out? do i have to wash it out everytime because doesnt petroluem have a dryin effect if its left on the hair for too long?

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
perfectpeace, i don't think Vaseline on the ends is good with a wet set. why do you do a wet set then put your hair in a bun? do you wear it down for a few days before the bun? it will make your ends stiff. so i personally wouldn't do it this way...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Adrienne, I took your advice. I did my wetset today without the vasoline, then applied the vasoline later. To answer your other question, I don't wear it down after wetsetting because my hair is little too puffy and is not cut in a particular style, so it does not fall quite right
ohwell.gif
. . . But that's okay; Im trying to slowly withdrawl from my beloved flat iron.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

This has been working for me. I apply mine to soaking wet ends...not eye-poking but generous then put it in a bun, when I take it down my ends are very soft and they don't shed/break at all. In fact they feel stronger. Also I don't do it everyday only when I take my hair down to rinse or wash which is usually every other day.

Wow I'm amazed at all the good info I find on this site!!
grin.gif

I'm going to try the V-challenge sometime this week. Tomorrow I get a touch up after 14 weeks!
shocked.gif
(the longest I've ever gone)
I cant wait to try it out.
drunk.gif

Alright this is what I did on Sat. I'm at 12 weeks and 3 days post relaxer.

Washed with creme of nature shampoo (fine,limp hair)
For the first time ever used Motions Color Return (nutmeg brown) conditioner (I had very good results)
Deep conditioned with Lustrasilk cholestrol (kept this on for 1 hour)
Motions leave-in conditioner
Profectiv mega growth
mixture of oils including a WHGO, olive oil, jojoba oil
Megahertz hi-gloss serum
Megahertz pomade on front and sides (fine tooth comb used on front and sides to slick down)
combed through hair with wide-tooth comb
slapped a hugh amount of vaseline on my ponytail
Now this is the no no part - combed my hair again - Will not do that - more hair came out in my comb during this part
Twisted into a bun and put a scrunchie on it and scarf wore this from 4:00 pm until 9:00 am Sunday.

When I took my hair down it was still very damp. I did however notice that the ponytail hair where I put the vaseline on was much softer than the rest of my hair which of course was pretty much dry. Since my hair was still wet, I twisted it back up, tucked in the ends and put a banana clip on it. Sunday evening I took it town put a scarf on it and slept with it out so it could get dry.

Today - Monday
I decided to try it again. I did a conditioner only wash with lustrasilk cholestrol. My hair still felt like it had vaseline in it though. I didn't have time to do anything about that though. I used a mixture of motions and infusium 23 leave-in, mixture of WGHO,olive oil, jojoba oil. Combed through with wide-tooth comb. Combed sides and front with fine-toothed comb. Pulled back and put Vaseline on ponytail, twisted hair (water dripping out of it) into a bun, put a scrunchie and bobbie pins to hold it. Slapped a silk scarf on and out the door to work with a hat on my head.

Any comments?

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
DIVA!!!
wave.gif
...Yes the weaning drama is over. For 17 months and I got the breast to show for it!
laugh.gif
My son is great! Getting so big and talking too-too much!!! I remember your prego announcement! I am so happy for you! Girl, your hair is about to grow like crazy!!! I am so jealous!

TC
kiss.gif

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

It may grow like crazy, but I've been reading that it sheds like crazy after the birth.
frown.gif
That'll depress me big time!!!
crazy.gif
Did you have a lot of shedding after the baby was born?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I shed really bad on my temple area. Do you remember me crying about that at BHCAB? Anyway, I started using different things, from vitamin e to ORS temple balm and my temple area has now filled in. But that was the only place I experienced shedding.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Okay, I have another question. I don't have enough hair to twist into a bun. I use a scrunchie and cover it with my hair. I notice that my hair is moist on the ends, but dry in the middle when I try to fan out my hair around the scrunchie. Does that make a difference? Or does the hair that is exposed have to be vasalined too?

btw got some real vasaline. So I'll be using that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goal is to oil and conceal your ends. That is your main concern. If you can not twist your hair into a bun, you should check out Adrienne's album on how to do a drawstring ponytail. The way she preps her hair (her bun) is how I used to wear mine when I could really twist it into a bun.

hth,

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
It was soaking wet.
frown.gif

What did I do wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was wet and it came out hard? please re-trace your steps for me.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Okay, I have another question. I don't have enough hair to twist into a bun. I use a scrunchie and cover it with my hair. I notice that my hair is moist on the ends, but dry in the middle when I try to fan out my hair around the scrunchie. Does that make a difference? Or does the hair that is exposed have to be vasalined too?

btw got some real vasaline. So I'll be using that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goal is to oil and conceal your ends. That is your main concern. If you can not twist your hair into a bun, you should check out Adrienne's album on how to do a drawstring ponytail. The way she preps her hair (her bun) is how I used to wear mine when I could really twist it into a bun.

hth,

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the hang of it Lee. My ends have been doing very well. I'm not too worried about the dry middle because my ends are covered. I'm liking the results. I have 4 days left until my week ends.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Hairlove,

Have you started the 7 day V-Challenge yet? I started tonight.

Skegeesmb & Leejure,

I'm now ready to poke someone in the eye.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
... I ain't bailing nobody out of jail for having lethal hair!
laugh.gif

please don't poke somebody's eye out!

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
Now, I KNOW I don't coat until I can poke someone's eye out--does that make the difference between hard and soft hair? I've been using my rebound moisturizer, instead of scurl...maybe that's the culprit? Egads, I HATE when I try someone everyone raves about and can't get it to work for me...*sighs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, plase re-trace your steps back to me. We are going to figure this thing out!

-lee

Congratulations Carmel! What an accomplishment! You will LOVE the Vaseline treatment!
By the way, THANK YOU Leejure!
kiss.gif
I LOVE this V-challenge. My stylist was silicone happy Saturday after my trim. When I got home, I sprayed my ends with my mixture (distilled water, leave-in and Aura Cacia Lavender aromatherapy spray), added my vaseline and kept on steppin.
My ends are so soft!
clap.gif
YIPEE!!!

Take care,
G

To the ladies experiencing hard hair...

You may need to full on water for the ends as oppose to the spritzing. Someone had a great suggestion, tunr on the faucet and run your ENDS under the water then try the vaseline.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:

TIA---daviine

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Adrienne mention, there is no such thing as too much in our book! If it looks good (not white and greasy-nasty lokking) and it FEELS good, then it's all good!
smile.gif

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
so im sittin here with vaseline in my hair, for the first time since 8th grade. my hair feels extra soft an moisturized (an greeeeezziiii lol) so far so good. i'm gettin ready to wash it out tonight.. just one question.. is using a clarifiyin shampoo the only way to truly get all the residue out? do i have to wash it out everytime because doesnt petroluem have a dryin effect if its left on the hair for too long?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only clarify when I want to wear my hair out (curly/pressed) other wise, i just shampoo really good and I get the vaseline out (IMO). But even if I didn't it doesn't matter, becuase I usually put more in it as soon as i wash anyway.

But to anser your question, to get it out COMPLETELY yes, you should clarify.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:
Alright this is what I did on Sat. I'm at 12 weeks and 3 days post relaxer.

Washed with creme of nature shampoo (fine,limp hair)
For the first time ever used Motions Color Return (nutmeg brown) conditioner (I had very good results)
Deep conditioned with Lustrasilk cholestrol (kept this on for 1 hour)
Motions leave-in conditioner
Profectiv mega growth
mixture of oils including a WHGO, olive oil, jojoba oil
Megahertz hi-gloss serum
Megahertz pomade on front and sides (fine tooth comb used on front and sides to slick down)
combed through hair with wide-tooth comb
slapped a hugh amount of vaseline on my ponytail
Now this is the no no part - combed my hair again - Will not do that - more hair came out in my comb during this part
Twisted into a bun and put a scrunchie on it and scarf wore this from 4:00 pm until 9:00 am Sunday.

When I took my hair down it was still very damp. I did however notice that the ponytail hair where I put the vaseline on was much softer than the rest of my hair which of course was pretty much dry. Since my hair was still wet, I twisted it back up, tucked in the ends and put a banana clip on it. Sunday evening I took it town put a scarf on it and slept with it out so it could get dry.

Today - Monday
I decided to try it again. I did a conditioner only wash with lustrasilk cholestrol. My hair still felt like it had vaseline in it though. I didn't have time to do anything about that though. I used a mixture of motions and infusium 23 leave-in, mixture of WGHO,olive oil, jojoba oil. Combed through with wide-tooth comb. Combed sides and front with fine-toothed comb. Pulled back and put Vaseline on ponytail, twisted hair (water dripping out of it) into a bun, put a scrunchie and bobbie pins to hold it. Slapped a silk scarf on and out the door to work with a hat on my head.

Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

So far so good! I don't use that many products, but it all still shoudl be fine. As long as your bun stay nice amd moist and your ends feel good, then you are all good!

-lee

I am so happy to hear that most of you are having great success with this! Keep on going ladies! You'll meet your goals in no time!

-lee

This morning I took a big scoop of vaseline and slathered it on just my ends and not the rest of my hair. I did NOT comb my hair this time either. Then, I covered my ponytail with my baggie and attached my fake bun. I'm using a fake bun now instead of a fake ponytail.

Anyways, a co-worker of mine complimented me on how cute my bun was and I thanked her and said, "gotta keep those ends protected".. Of course she didn't understand and gave me a confused look. she's a white girl with long blonde hair.... So she said, "if you curled it with a curling iron every day will it just break off?" I said, "yeah eventually..." and to top it off my sr.manager- an older white guy-was standing there too and was totally clueless. I don't even know why I went there with her because that was just way too much information. I guess I just have LHCF on the brain all day long
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So, for those of us who are doing this, what is the best ratio of water to glycerin in the mixture to wet our ends with, before applying vaseline?

Back